Director: Yun Seong-Sik

Writer: Park Eun-Young

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 20

Release Date: December 19, 2016 -- February 21, 2017

Runtime: Mon & Tue 22:00

Language: Korean

Plot

Drama series depicts the story of Hwarang (literally "Flowering Knights") - an elite group of male youth in during the Kingdom of Silla.

Cast

Hwarang-Park_Seo-Joon01.jpg Hwarang-Go_Ara01.jpg    Hwarang-Park_Hyung-Sik01.jpg   Hwarang-Minho01.jpg  
Park Seo-Joon Go Ara Park Hyung-Sik Minho
Moo Myung / Sun Woo Rang A-Ro Sam Maek Jong / Ji Dwi Rang Soo Ho Rang

Hwarang-Do_Ji-Han01.jpg   Hwarang-Seo_Ye-Ji01.jpg   Hwarang-Jo_Yoon-Woo01.jpg   Hwarang-Kim_Tae-Hyung01.jpg
Do Ji-Han Seo Ye-Ji Jo Yoon-Woo Kim Tae-Hyung
Ban Ryu Rang Princess Sookmyung Yeo Wool Rang Han Sung Rang

Teasers

Spoiler

Taehyung and MInho's teasers killed me ;-; 

Episodes
All episodes are subbed. X indicates an alternate link to watch the episode.

Episode 1 | Aired: 161219 | X
Episode 2 | Aired: 161220 | X
Episode 3 | Aired: 161226 | X
Episode 4 | Aired: 161227 | X
Episode 5 | Aired: 170102 | X
Episode 6 | Aired: 170103 | X
Episode 7 | Aired: 170109 | X
Episode 8 | Aired: 170110 | X
Episode 9 | Aired 170116 | X
Episode 10 | Aired 170117 | X

I'm so excited for it to start!

I have to finish binge-watching Uncontrollably Fond and Jealousy Incarnate first, though...

I'm so excited to watch this drama!

I've never watched a Korean drama in my life but I'm going to watch this one. I heard the acting is going to be anime-like (whatever that means?) Wondering how much second hand embarrassment I should prepare myself for lmao

Hope it's a success and people recognize Tae for his acting skills and incredible visuals. Aaah, I'm nervous and excited~

9 minutes ago, Kim-Namjoon said:

I heard the acting is going to be anime-like (whatever that means?)

It just means that it's going to be like the Chinese historical dramas, lol...kinda exaggerated acting when doing fighting scenes, flying, superpowers are used too

1 minute ago, la_ceja_de_kahlo said:

It just means that it's going to be like the Chinese historical dramas, lol...kinda exaggerated acting when doing fighting scenes, flying, superpowers are used too

Ah, I see. I've watched one of those before and it was bizarre. This show is going to be very interesting.

6 minutes ago, Kim-Namjoon said:

This show is going to be very interesting.

Go Ara is very funny and her facial expressions, omg ?? it is going to be interesting indeed

I looove historical dramas and having Taehyung in one is even better. December 19th can't come soon enough. 

what i'm most intrigued about is (1) hansung's sad back story and (2) his bromance with sun woo (park seo joon)

his character is said to be the last "jindol" (noble) of the seok family so i think he was put under immense pressure while growing up. or maybe he was sheltered or possibly used as a pawn for political gain.

also, according to his character description and hansung's teaser, he grows to admire sunwoo and thus follows him around. i think sunwoo is going to be annoyed with his presence and attention at first since he seems to be the lone wolf type who hates nobility, but i think he'll later grow to care for hansung like a brother who'll help him mature as a human being and a hwarang warrior. (and then hansung gets killed in battle while protecting his hyung because saeguks always kill someone pure ;-;)

so many possibilities tbh, but i'm so ready for the feels

The photos in the OP are broken for me...

[Update] There'll be a special broadcast on 16th, 10PM KST before the premiere on the 19th.

Trans, cr. Here | original source

Edited by satoori

I honestly can't wait tbh. I really hope the story is good or I may just end up watching taehyung cuts lol. I'm especially interested about tae's back story.  

I am so excited for this, I've put off watching dramas for awhile. A little break, I would say.

BUT I AM READY TO DIVE IN THEM AGAIN.

FOR TAEHYUNG

tumblr_ohumj77kWb1rwbv6no1_r1_540.gif

i just adore this scene. like is this part of their training? or is this drama suddenly turning into a musical? i can't wait to find out the context for this. i love how tae is so at ease with dancing while seojoon is struggling at the back

9 hours ago, satoori said:

The photos in the OP are broken for me...

[Update] There'll be a special broadcast on 16th, 10PM KST before the premiere on the 19th.

Trans, cr. Here | original source

omo YASSS

35 minutes ago, kim-taehyung said:

tumblr_ohumj77kWb1rwbv6no1_r1_540.gif

i just adore this scene. like is this part of their training? or is this drama suddenly turning into a musical? i can't wait to find out the context for this. i love how tae is so at ease with dancing while seojoon is struggling at the back

lmao I love his face in this gif!!

really excited to watch this drama!

19 hours ago, kim-taehyung said:

(and then hansung gets killed in battle while protecting his hyung because saeguks always kill someone pure ;-;)

so many possibilities tbh, but i'm so ready for the feels

Hit us with the bromance and then kill 'em off, that's how it goes ;-; Historical dramas have always been hit/miss for me, so I'm hoping this is one'll be good. I might end up with a lot of feels but I have no doubt Tae did well! The wait begins :S

Anticipating Tae's emmy-worthy acting.