Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in on the discussions! If you have any problems with registering, please email us at bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com!
kim-taehyung

BTS 2017 Wishlist and Predictions Thread

We did this back in OH after they won their first daesang, but since flophallyu is now dead and BTS has won ArOTY since then, I thought it'd be good to start a new thread about what we hope for BTS next year. Then next year, we can look back on this thread and see if what we predicted or wished for came true.  

And since there are no trolls here to rain on our parade, be as bold and ambitious as you want guys!

tumblr_od7yoeME641v2rf8io1_500.gif

my general wish is for BTS to have more Public Recognition not just for their music, but also as individuals. 

specific wishlist:

- YHY Sketchbook and Infinity Challenge appearances

- another full album and a repackage of that album

- more acting roles for taehyung, jin's acting debut (and anyone else in the group who wants to venture into acting)

- RM mixtape

- for jin and hobi to be regular cast members of a variety show (i think they'd really do great)

- is it weird that i want an acoustic album from them? after vminjin's BIL and danger acoustic version, i just want more acoustic versions of their songs. 

prediction:

- they are going to absolutely dominate 2017

- they're going to either maintain or top their previous album sales and digital numbers

- i feel like they're going to release a fast-paced title track next like Fire

It won't hurt to guess, right?

I predict:

• More daesangs. 
  • A hit song
  • triple crown on a music show
  • Jin's acting debut
  • Another mixtape, whether it be Namjoon's 2nd (more realistic since I think he's said he is working on it now?) or Hoseok's 1st.
  • Best Male Group @ MAMA 2017
  • Jimin will release a solo cover and expose more of his beautiful voice
  • Somebody is gonna have purple/lilac hair... I just feel like it's coming (It won't be Tae or Namjoon)
  • Edit: How could I forget? Blonde Jungkook is coming. It's inevitable. Brace yourselves
Edited by vmin

59 minutes ago, vmin said:

It won't hurt to guess, right?

I predict:

• More daesangs. 
  • A hit song
  • triple crown on a music show
  • Jin's acting debut
  • Another mixtape, whether it be Namjoon's 2nd (more realistic since I think he's said he is working on it now?) or Hoseok's 1st.
  • Best Male Group @ MAMA 2017
  • Jimin will release a solo cover and expose more of his beautiful voice
  • Somebody is gonna have purple/lilac hair... I just feel like it's coming (It won't be Tae or Namjoon)

i'm laughing because they've won ArOTY at the MAMAs and a digital daesang at MMA but have never won best male group or had a triple crown in music shows #legendsonly

Edited by kimtae

Successful world tour that gets them a lot of attention in those areas

Namjoon to have a very successful 2nd mix tape that gains huge attention in Korea

Namjoon and Wale collab

A hit song so big it becomes  a huge national hit song and gets them song of the year

More daesangs

Suga collabs with other artist and gains more attention as the genius rapper and producer that he is blessed from god

News of BTS first sub unit

triple crown

Jin gets a role in  drama and becomes famous from his skills and gorgeousness

More CF deals

Tae will be on some singing show (masked singer or duet festival) to show off his amazing vocals

Jimin collabs with other dancer (Taemin )

Jungkook sings an OST and goes on more singing shows

Finally get on infinity challenge

J-hope shows off his amazing skills in his first mix tape

BTS finally seen as more than a trend

6 minutes ago, Poppy said:

I'm really interested in the rumors/hype for a BTS subunit. For the life of me though, I can't picture a BTS subunit? At least not right now or soon. Who would you like to be in this first subunit? 

Just now, Poppy said:

Successful world tour that gets them a lot of attention in those areas

Namjoon to have a very successful 2nd mix tape that gains huge attention in Korea

Namjoon and Wale collab

A hit song so big it becomes  a huge national hit song and gets them song of the year

More daesangs

Suga collabs with other artist and gains more attention as the genius rapper and producer that he is blessed from god

triple crown

Jin gets a role in  drama and becomes famous from his skills and gorgeousness

More CF deals

Tae will be on some singing show (masked singer or duet festival) to show off his amazing vocals

Jimin collabs with other dancer (Taemin )

Jungkook sings an OST and goes on more singing shows

Finally get on infinity challenge

J-hope shows off his amazing skills in his first mix tape

BTS finally seen as more than a trend

THIS.

Everything you said, this is exactly what I need want to happen.

39 minutes ago, vmin said:

I'm really interested in the rumors/hype for a BTS subunit. For the life of me though, I can't picture a BTS subunit? At least not right now or soon. Who would you like to be in this first subunit? 

i'm not super excited about the idea of a bts subunit. though i think after seeing yoonmin's tony montana, i think they both have the skills, charisma and chemistry as a duo to pull off a subunit

(vminkook sexy r&b subunit tho)

1) Hope more dates for the wings tour is  added

2) Rapmon n J-Hope drop their mixtapes

3) Next song they drop hits a PAK

4) More variety shows; dunno about you guys but I really hate how more ppl don't know how skilled they are individually

5) Sell a million with one album and win more daesangs 

6) would love a subunit also; Jimin n Suga or Jhope, Jimin n Jungkook

8 minutes ago, kimtae said:

i'm not super excited about the idea of a bts subunit. though i think after seeing yoonmin's tony montana, i think they both have the skills, charisma and chemistry as a duo to pull off a subunit

(vminkook sexy r&b subunit tho)

Neither am I for some reason. My heart naturally just sings for ot7. But you're totally right about the Tony Montana stage. My soul would ascend to the heavens for a yoonmin or maknae line sub unit, now that I think about it. But I feel like the first official subunit would have Namjoon and Jungkook in it. 

4 minutes ago, kimtae said:

the most important one of all

I'm definitely going to the Newark one but I really want them to do a legit world tour. Go to Great Britain, Russia, Germany, Australia, Canada n other countries. I want them to get that $$ but also want Korea to see how big they really are. 

1) They continue to expand the genre diversity of their catalog with a new album/solos. Wings demonstrated that literally every member is capable of a unique solo style 

2) RM2. J-Hope gonna bless us with a mixtape? 

3) Hit song in Korea so people can stop calling them a fad. I'm talking like Big Bang's Haru Haru levels of a hit song. I think it'll be more in the vein of I Need U or Lie as opposed to Dope or Fire.

4) yoongi radio show? 2017 might be too early but I think it'll happen eventually

5) another *probably not 2017* one but I think rapmon should write a book

6) world domination. it's inevitable 

Wishlist:

- Sketchbook appearance 

- a publicly broadcasted OT7 show

- Jhope's mixtape, or at least a new track

- gain more kfans and ifans

Prediction

- RM 2nd mixtape

- RM/Wale collab

- one album reaching a million sales (or at least shipments, if not sales)

- another show, but probably again in the V app

- winning another major award

- Jin's acting debut

- continue slaying ~ 

OK ima be as ambitious as I can with this one

- a triple crown

- a hit song like Bigbang's Haruharu that will become a kpop classic in 10 years and will leave everyone shook/will be played every where in stores and music shows until we all get sick of it

- more daesangs 

- a full album that will top and succeed wings' success to a higher degree. A million seller with no repackage or jap/Chinese version

- Tae' acting career will soar despite the hate. I also want Jin to achieve his dream and become an actor as well, maybe debut in a cute romcom because he has the looks and attitude for it

- JIHOPE HIT THE STAGE. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

- RAPLINE MIXTAPE. I NEED THAT ISH

- BTS in infinite challenge/runningman/sketchbook. I don't want them to appear in just ANY random variety /music show. I want them feature in the most prestigious and top rated shows because my boys deserve the best and they seriously need more public recogntion.

- Vocal line (especially my bby Jimin) to release more English or Korean covers in soundcloud so I can drown myself in their voices

-Yoongi as a radio host because his deep voice is heavenly and he's witty enough to keep the whole show entertaining

- Jin and Jhope as hosts in a variety show because their comedy skills are gold, they know how to time their jokes well and their charisma will really show here

- Yoonmin subunit because they have good chemistry. Yoongi knows how to encourage and pull out Jimin's potential, and Jimin is always willing to help out his hyung so they match well. 

- A brighter 2017 for BTS in general

Anyways, whether or not this wishlist comes true (and I do hope it does comes true), I hope that the boys will remain humble and will never forget their roots. I hope that their music will continue to honestly reflect their lives and their thoughts on society as a whole; that they won't go too down the mainstream/romance route and that their lyrics will stay raw, fresh, and inspirational for all the people in the world. I also hope that their relationship with each other will continue to blossom because OT7 is life and there is nothing I love more than for them to be always happy and healthy in each other's presence. But of course, I want them to go back to their homes and chill with their families as well. They'll be able to relax and rest up and when they're ready, they can reunite as a group and release music again.

I did wonder "What's next for Bangtan?" after they won their daesangs. I thought that was an even bigger, more long-term goal, but here we are today! But, I think there's certainly a lot more they wish to achieve, and stagnating will never be an option for them. Wishing them all the best~

Wishes

• Trap King Hobi's Mixtape
  • The beginning of a string of certified hit™ songs that stay true to the heart of Bangtan's sound and have refreshing lyrics and appealing choreo
  • Triple Crown on major music show(s)
  • Billboard Hot 100
  • Health and happiness for them and their families

Predictions

• The WINGS Tour will be completed without a hitch -- no major problems on fans' side, no problems on the members' side (+ I'll be able to attend one show and have fun!)
  • Rap Monster's second mixtape will drop, and he'll surprise a lot of people with it -- fans and critics alike
  • Jin will land a much anticipated acting role, but not a lead; visuals and/or talent will capture attention
  • BTS will release a full album as a continuation of WINGS (not a repackage), but it's not coming as soon as people expect
  • Suga or Rapmon will take the lead in the production of a title track, this will earn them a lot of respect
  • All members will contribute significantly in the music-making process (vocal line members' talent for it will surprise us)
  • BTS will continue to use Vapp extremely well; will do another Vapp+ paid-content show
  • We will see the rise of a new meme that will finally overthrow "you got no jams" and "infires" 
  • By the end of 2017, a Tokyo Dome concert will be in the foreseeable very near future
Edited by pocket monster
Decided to edit out negative predictions because I think this thread should remain happy and delulu!

/Remembers that delulu wish-lists thing made in OH/ 

I honestly don't have a proper list for this. I just wish everything good happens to them and everything bad stays away from them.

And for the people making lists, jusr remember this: go delulu or go home.

1) sketchbook appearance (please please please)

2) two mini albums (with one possibly being the S repackage album) FULL VERSION OF INTERLUDE:WINGS 

3) bts getting some well-deserved rest WITHOUT a camera following them around 24/7 (hopefully tae will get his long-awaited ot7 trip)

4) yoonmin subunit (or rapmon + jungkook/taehyung) oh who am i kidding any subunit will work - not necessarily in 2017, as long as it happens sometime I'm good

5) J-HOPE MIXTAPE WILL BE LITTTTTTT

6) for bts to gain more public recognition in korea and for them to earn the title 믿듣방 (믿고 듣는 방탄) which roughly translates to 'bangtan that I trust to listen to/will definitely listen to.' they've been talking about wanting to earn this title and be musically respected and they DESERVE IT 

7) Jimin's cover of a song 

8) for everyone to continue being happy & loved & content w life & healthy 

and finally

no drama, whether it be with something stupid like a 'dating scandal' or just antis' being butthurt assholes