Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
monimoni

Dump Thread

135 posts in this topic

Spoiler

I've felt my best friend slowly cut me out of their life for months now and recently just stopped talking to me. I've been mourning our friendship for months and will probably continue to for a long time, maybe forever. I really thought our friendship was the lifelong kind. We will see each other one more time as we both got tickets to see a concert together and I'll try to talk to them then, but it really feels like this friendship is done by their behavior and it hurts.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:32 AM, movietvdrama said:
  Hide contents

I've felt my best friend slowly cut me out of their life for months now and recently just stopped talking to me. I've been mourning our friendship for months and will probably continue to for a long time, maybe forever. I really thought our friendship was the lifelong kind. We will see each other one more time as we both got tickets to see a concert together and I'll try to talk to them then, but it really feels like this friendship is done by their behavior and it hurts.

there's must be a reason why they stopped talking to you :(( why don't you ask them?

2 minutes ago, SeokSeok said:

there's must be a reason why they stopped talking to you :(( why don't you ask them?

I do plan to when I see them next, I just have to figure out how to talk about it. 

I'm finally free.

Posted (edited)

:why:

Edited by Killer

On 6/15/2017 at 9:32 AM, movietvdrama said:
  Hide contents

I... feel this so much. 

Spoiler

So I just got my final degree grades back. I didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped but I definitely did better than last year. Idk tho. My overall degree class is definitely good and more than what I needed but at the same time like. I know I'm capable of more. But the thing is I got diagnosed with depression at the start of uni and suffered with it through most of first and second year so. I know that dragged my grades down. And some emotional mess at the end of second year didn't help either. I know I'm healthier now and it shows in how i've done in my third year but like. It's still frustrating. I'm sick of feeling like I'm not living up to what I'm capable of. And I know it's because I was sick for honestly too long and a bit of a mess through most of uni but like. I'm better now. And I'm just so done with not feeling like I'm living up to my potential. I expect more of myself and it's about time I lived in it. So my final degree results are good and more than I needed for my masters programme but. It's just reminding me that I've not been giving everything I'm capable of. And I'm done with it.

Spoiler

recently i saw my ex bestfriend, i didn't talk to her because i'm at least 60% sure she hates me now, but it was a weird experience, we haven't see each other in 2 years and i don't think she would approve a lot of thing i have done since then, so is honestly for the best we don't talk anymore, but it leave me with a sad feeling mosntly because i know i was the bad guy. when we stop being friends. 

Spoiler

@Cypher• seeing someone you used to be very close to again, is very very hard. Let alone having to act like you weren't close at all ://

On a lighter note...Dumping my BTS fandom  post and fanfiction woes here. I don't really have a right to complain, because I know many many ARMYs who post in English are not native English speakers and these are completely understandable things. In addition I definitely make grammatical and spelling errors all the time. But some go these things I see over and over and I feel like now loads of people think they are correct because they see so many other people doing it...

1. Cast vs casted: Cast is an irregular verb. The past tense of cast is cast. The past participle of cast is cast. 'Casted' is not a thing, though I've read it's an old form of the word. But I see stuff like "Taehyung was casted for Hwarang' and similar very often in this fandom (not so much on this forum as say, Amino) I mean, yes, actually it is fine because it gets the point across, but I can't help thinking how many people are out there reading it and wrongly learning it T_T

2.  Sauntered: I have no idea why but I have read multiple stories in this fandom where 'sauntered' is used to describe someone walking in a situation in which they really would not be sauntering. It seems some people are mistaking to for " creeping"  or shuffling or just plain walking? A person who's having an emotional crisis probably wouldn't saunter down the hall to talk to the person responsible for their pain. Unless they are really really really full of swag?

3. The present tense: Why is so much BTS fanfiction written in the present tense? I mean it's not wrong per se, but it's just so weird. Narratives are usually written in past tense. I mean, published fiction is generally in the past tense.  Is this a carry over perhaps from korean-language fics being translated to english and then people just writing in the same style?  

In general for all fics of every fandom ever in the history of fanfiction:

4. Shutter vs shudder.  Shutters are things that cover up windows. Shudder is what I do when I see a spider in my house. But I've read, "He shuttered in horror," so many times it makes me cry.

Ok, thanks for letting me get all this off my chest hahahaha.

Edited by Missgracie842

Spoiler

@Killer yes it was! we both kind of ignore each other it was awful ,at least we don't live in the same city so it's not something that happens often.

Spoiler

@Cypher• I'd meant to reply to this yesterday but didn't have my laptop on hand. Honestly, I've been there. Not knowing where you stand so you distance yourself entirely instead, because as much as you miss them you know you're the one who caused that distance in the first place and then not knowing what hurts more- reaching out and being rejected, or staying away from them at all costs from then on. It's a sad feeling indeed. Hurts a lot. You don't get to thinking about it but when you see them again that weird feeling comes up again.

I don't know what you did or what you've done, but I know that despite everything you're a good person at heart, so please don't ever be so down on yourself like this! I may be a literal sunshine, but that just means it's my job to shine that light on everyone and brighten up their day, including you <3 Take care, yeah? It's been a few years and it'll continue to be sad, but remember you've grown a lot since then as well. You'll be fine.

Spoiler

@KookieMochi thanks so much for the kind words, you're so sweet, i'll try and take this as experience because i learned a lot about myself because of this situation, and again thanks for being so sweet. 

Oh...

Well, I'll talk

I really need to say all this to somebody, but I'm afraid of what people would say or think of me

But it's you all so It's ok I guess

Spoiler

Ummhm where do I start?

I don't know, I'm so lost about everything, I don't know where I'm in my life so of course I don't know were to go

I also don't have idea of where I lost track of myself, maybe because I've tried to change so many times.

I'm about to graduate from school, this is my last year, and I see all my classmates and remember...we've grown together, we've met since we were children, but, I don't feel in the group, I see how they talk everyday, how they chat, how they joke, and I wonder, When I was left behind? In what moment I became nothing? They don't talk to me,  I know most of them don't even remember my name, or my birthday.

I have some friends...I think? I talk to them, but sometimes just...I don't feel close, they  don't know me and it's awkward  between us often.

So, I try to recall, what have I been doing all these 9 years? Because, I don't have any close relationship with anyone.

I remember a few things, like when I was little (maybe 7 or 8 yo.)  I started in a new school, tried to make some friends and then just few months after...these girls just said: "Can you stop being with us? Just go". I remember that I didn't do anything besides blame myself and think "Maybe I'm very annoying" again and again.

Then I changed schools and it was difficult for me, because I'm very shy and don't talk too much. I got along with my classmates and even had a bestfriend, but...she moved in third grade, and something that I really don't understand about me is that I didn't feel anything in that moment. For some reason, I didn't care. it was until the sixth grade that I noticed something: I was alone again.

Aaaand we do a time skip to the present day where I'm sit in my desk looking around my classroom and notice that I'm alone, again. 

I just don't know what to say, I'm so confused about what I want, I feel that there's no room for me in that family that they have or its simply too late for me now.

So, I'm trying to start again, since I'll graduate, Im going to change schools, I'll move to the city where nobody knows me, or my family and forget about all this. But I'm scared, I'm afraid that it can go as bad as everything has gone so far.

Well, this is one of the things that trouble me the most, maybe I'll write a little more another time.

To all of you, thanks for hearing me out.

Also, sorry for any mistakes in my writing, english is not my first language:$

Spoiler

literally every fuckin pair of earphones i buy breaks within a few days idk what i'm doing wrong