Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
jin

Suggestions Thread

adding on to what @leo said above, maybe the newbie section can also double as that kind of "general questions" section? (the questions for things like "where is this pic from" etc)

atm I'm not really sure what to put in that section, so it having another purpose might be good, idk

for the sales and charts forum is can there be a "sales" prefix like the  chart one

Edited by Poppy

I personally think it would be better to make the "new to bts? start here" an independient forum (maybe positioned above the general bts discussion). It's currently a sub-forum and It can be looked over because it doesn't stand out (since it's in normal font) so it might get confused as the description of the "General BTS Discussion" forum. 

It doesn't necessarily needs to be an active forum; more like just a specific section dedicated to official threads about the general and official info about BTS as a group and individuals. I imagine the threads of that section being something like this:

• BTS' pre-debut history
  • BTS' debut history
  • Jin's profile
  • Suga's profile
  • J-Hope's profile
  • Rap Monster's profile
  • Jimin's profile
  • V's profile
  • Jungkook's profile
  • Awards
  • Discography
  • Curiosities + Extra info
  • Glosary

The Members profiles could be only the official information and facts provided by BH, just like it's on their site. Detailed info would be on the official threads for the members and there can be a link to them at the end of each profile.

The Discography would be basically a list of all their official releases: full albums, mini-albums and repackages.

The Awards thread it's pretty simple. Just a list of the official nominations and awards they've earned since debut.

The Glosary thread would be about jokes, phrases, words and stuff like that that exists and is popular only in the ARMY fandom like the inside jokes or other terms such that a lot of people sometimes doesn't know what it means such as OT7, akgae, individual stan, etc.

Of course this can be done when you've recruited more staff members that can help you with all of this.

Edited by BIKKA

Quoting myself from the other thread.

13 hours ago, DOOLY said:

Is there a way to make pictures turn into links when someone's quotes a post? It would save a lot of space (and help those who have slower connection).

Is it possible to make it so that there are 20 posts per page in threads instead of 25? when there's a lot of links on one page it can make it hard to load sometimes TT

28 minutes ago, dorkprincess said:

Is it possible to make it so that there are 20 posts per page in threads instead of 25? when there's a lot of links on one page it can make it hard to load sometimes TT

I support this suggestion. Somehow I feel like 25 post per day feel kinda long and It can be a bit tiring when scrolling down... idk maybe it's just me. It's just a sensation it gives me when watching a thread.

Can we have a section devoted to their variety appearances, or should we just post them in the general Videos area?

9 hours ago, Maphisto40 said:

Can we have a section devoted to their variety appearances, or should we just post them in the general Videos area?

For now, they should just be posted under the general videos section. But make sure to use the "variety show" prefix when posting in case I decide to add it later on so it'll be easy to move them all over. 

3 minutes ago, pikky said:

can we use the calendar feature to add bts' schedule?

Omooo, pikky slay. Great idea. I'll go make sure you all have permissions set to be able to add events to the calendar. 

1 minute ago, jin said:

For now, they should just be posted under the general videos section. But make sure to use the "variety show" prefix when posting in case I decide to add it later on so it'll be easy to move them all over. 

Will do, thank you. :)

I must say, i really love this forum.

Kudos to you Jin, for working on everything and trying to make it even better jimin9:

The only thing i think could be improved is the sig...

And i know that you're working on that too,

so i just wanna say, thanks for everything you did/and are doing!

Love ya <3

:jin1:

I've been looking around at other new kpop forums, and it would be nice if we had our own unique and creative logo/mascot. 

Either the graphic team can do this and/or maybe there could be a contest for users to send their designs and the community can vote like we do with awards. 

The suggestion period for voting can be a month...idk..We have time, so we don't need to rush but it's something to think about.

Also it would be cool if we had flyers, made by the graphic team, to help promote the site on sns. And you could use the flyer and pin it on the official twitter page.

Is there any possible way to remove restrictions on sigs? some forums dont have them or at least are more lenient.

I think the limit size for images is kinda small right now, plus I cant use links because of that ongoing issue where it cant detect the dimensions (I tried the imgur trick in the announcement and even linkin from a different website an it didnt work)

The only way I can make a sig is by uploading the file from my computer, but even the file size limit for that is quite small imo...

Hello~

Just curious,

do you plan adding more stuff like albums,lightstick etc.(marketplace items) were on OH or something similar?

On the mobile version of this site, once you reach the bottom of a page, there is no option to navigate back to the front page. Your only option is to navigate to that particular thread's subsection, or the next thread in that section. There is no Back To Top button either, so you have to manually scroll all the way back up to find the front page link.

Can we please either get a navigation string at the bottom like we have on the desktop version:

BantanBase navigation.jpg

Or a Back To Top button for mobile? Thank you.  GWv9qss.gif

EDIT: Y'all are quick, thank you!

Edited by Maphisto40
because you're awesome

Would it be possible to make our individual profile pages only available to other members who are signed in? (like they were on oh)

Atm guests are able to access everything and I have to admit that it's been makin me feel a bit self-conscious :/ 

21 hours ago, -"MyMy"- said:

Would it be possible to make our individual profile pages only available to other members who are signed in? (like they were on oh)

Atm guests are able to access everything and I have to admit that it's been makin me feel a bit self-conscious :/ 

I support this suggestion. I'd also like to keep my profile available for the people on the forum only.

Also, quoting myself again with this because I don't know if you saw this or not. It would help a lot to have some prefix tags on the Netizen Talk section as well.

On 15/12/2016 at 11:43 PM, BIKKA said:

I just thought this. Could it be posible to also have prefix tags for "PANN", "INSTIZ" and "ARTICLE" on the Netizen Talk sub-forum?  :rapmon4:

Edited by BIKKA

Weekly or every two weeks, someone could do a sort of newspaper for the base - like a "what's happening on the base" "ICYMI".....

Basically make a list of recent events - pann, cf, sns, hwarang etc. (with thread links) Maybe add a one line description. Other than recent threads the newspaper can include other things happening on the base like member bdays or whatever.

What is my Purpose: I'm asking this because I've noticed some members are confuse and/or miss some updates/threads because of the set up here. Having a newspaper,that list everything in one spot, should help.

There could be a subsection for the "Newspaper" - the person in charge would make a new thread each time, with the date included in the title.

Edited by satoori