Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
HobiOne

appreciation
What's Your Favourite J-Hope verse or part?

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In anticipation for the mixtape, let's discuss our favourite Hoseok parts on BTS songs. It would be great if you could explain why you love the part and what meaning it holds to you.

His parts are a lot people's fav and its only fitting to discuss. 

Edited by HobiOne

Mine

Cypher 3: The way his voice drops to the music. And his rhythmic rapping draws you into the song. The whole song is so lit anyways. The live performance of this song on TRB solidified me as a BTS stan! 

Cypher 4: I liked Cypher 3 verse more at first listen of Cypher 4. This has long changed after the live version of Cypher 4. Everything about this song screams listen to me when i am talking to you! And the amount of swag he has performing it sucks you into His world! Love it

Save Me: What to say!

Second grade: Lit Lit Lit!

2.3!, Path/Road, Whalien 52: I love these but they make me so emo. That's the only reason I don't listen to these songs more often. The lyrics are so_ im inarticulate

Rain: He does the singing/rapping thing and it sucks me in..i could never resist!

ASS:YNWA: this is my ult fav track by BTS yet! The high pitch singing before his voice drops when he starts rapping is epic! 

Young Forever: The aaaaah! gives me goosebumps!

Basically every part of Hoseok in every song is my fav: I'm biased and not sorry!

1verse, BME and MAMA: Love em all....could never pick....i listen to BME the most though!

HELLOYOU.gif.ccc300191e301fa001249ad10e7d31fc.gif

I agree with everything you listed:jhope3:

add on : His main rap part in Danger, Save me, and BST.  

Posted (edited)

I love his part in every song because his voice is really particular! He can play so many emotion with it! Also, he can make 'noises' that fit the songs so well!

My really favorite parts are in:

Save me
Cypher part 3 and 4
ASS: YNWA
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Outro: Wings
Fun Boys (Totally makes me think of his OsaCar meme xD)

Special mention to his live part for Spring Day because WOW! It's like listening to an angel and  it makes me tear up!

Edited by Rivelta

Bless this thread to the high heavens. 

Here are some of my favourite Hobi parts~ 

• I Like It - I instantly thought of this song when I saw the title of the thread and had to include it.
  • Whalien 52 - This song is my everything, what can I say.
  • WINGS:whateven:
  • Ma City - I'm weak for this song.
  • Spring Day - His vocals are something else.
  • Young Forever:why:
  • Hug Me (ft Tae):scaredjin:
  • Run:sipstea:
  • And of course MAMA and the Cyphers - but we already know how great his parts are so I don't really need to include them. 

Also a shout out to Hobi for writing one of my favourite lines in Whalien 52. Seriously, what can't this man do. 

5945da6a4bb50_tumblr-myloveseokjin(2).gif.876ad7d060c5d7081eb5b55ab7fe7a1b.gif

I second, third, fourth, 92348203th everything everybody else's mentioned because J-Hope just has this way with making every verse he raps sound so catchy but also his verse in Born Singer ;; All the rappers were phenomenal in that. And Tomorrow!! The build up to his main verse

Posted (edited)

So his part on So 4 More is really nice.

I cant believe the Chilean ARMY bought him a star (named a star after him). And he does reference Sirius here (i saw on the subs its written serious) he plays with words so smart its easy to miss what he is conveying. I had to check Muish ramblings on 1 verse...It turns out most of the time direct translations miss his 'point'. I love that!

I do agree with all that's been mentioned. I had forgotten about Hug me with Tae...and the live ver of spring day. And its been mentioned about his supplementary vocals...i love his adlibs, harmonising....live or studio versions...

Edited by HobiOne

When I think about it, I think Jhope's verse in young forever was the one which brought me into the fandom. I didn't know much about BTS back then, and I only checked out young forever because lots of people were taking about it. His verse got me (pardon my language) shooked, I remember thinking "how did an idol could be so transparent and honest like this?" The song in general really touched me, but his verse and the way he rapped it especially gave me a really strong impression on BTS, so I ended up searching more about them.

Young Forever and Outro: Wings. I will never forget my reaction when I listened to Hoseok's parts in each of these songs for the very first time. 

Posted (edited)

Jhope verses in songs like tomorrow or rain are so freaking beautiful his kind of singing voice.... i just freaking love it, both songs are on top of my fav song of bts btw

I always love his verses but when he starts singing i just loose all my soul :v1:

Edited by hannalau

born singer, that song makes me cry during every second of it but i love when his part comes up near the end. i feel so good whenever i hear the "so we go we go we go, deo wiro wiro wiro", it's super simple but for some reason it just brings me peace after being super emotional.

cypher pt. 3, ooh i love his lil trap verse. "this is just a taste, it’s just the appetizer / my rap is like the Korean meal that fills your stomach / yeah, I’m from korea so all you bastards who try to rap in English / look and see who’s on top of you right now" shady king

cypher pt. 4, he killed it, need i say more? the highlight of the song for me.

boyz with fun, i love the little 'heung heung' part immitating the sound of car engines. i always love it when he plays around with sounds in his raps, it's definitely one of his strengths.

his verses are always the best for me melody-wise, as expected from king hobi. can't wait for the mixtape.

Resultado de imagem para cuca gif

THE BEST OF ME

did you read that in hoseok's voice? that's bc his verse in save me is iconic
other favorites:

PATH - i love his verse in this song. my favorite bit is when he says "i nurture my notion to bend rather than to break, run for 3 years, and ignite the stars in my heart" > the way he sings that last line is so!!!!! idk my heart hurts. i get goosebumps. i think about predebut/rookie jhope. and also about my own life. i just love this verse a lot. i linked it bc everyone needs to listen.

DEAD LEAVES -  taolla bulkke HWAL HWAL!! it brings such a different energy to the song. dead leaves is one of those bts songs where i can't even pick which part i like most bc i love all of it... still, his verse stands out.

MA CITY - "i'm a south jeolla gwangju babe" !!!!!!! a great start to a great verse in a great song

YOUNG FOREVER - goosebumps!!!!!!! amazing lyrics!!!

CYPHER 4 - i already loved his verse when the album came out... the way he raps in the rhythm of the beat is so cool, i can't help but (try to) sing along. and if you watched any fancam of him performing it.... no words needed. i'll write a few words anyways: brilliant. masterpiece. legendary. iconic. king of charisma. 

OUTRO: WINGS - the added verse. the lyrics. are. amazing. inspirational king

Spoiler

Now I know to
Break up with the idea of growing older while having regrets
And I’ve decided to
Have unconditional faith
It’s time to be brave
I’m not afraid 
Because I believe myself 
Because I’m different than before 
I don’t cry on my way, 
Don’t bow my head
Because it will be sky where I’m going 
And I will be flying fly

nice thread OP! can't wait for the mixtape!!!

NICEISNICE.gif.4f0b315e1de452f5a8355601d96aa931.gif