• Announcements

• jin

Donate~   07/11/2017

Donate to support Bangtan Base and help offset the costs of running a forum! Benefits for donators are listed out here.

Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
cyphersatoori

What Do You Think Are The Most Underrated BTS Songs?

20 posts in this topic

I've been seeing a lot of stuff around on Facebook and YouTube lately about BTS songs people are the most underrated and not really spoken of anymore. So I was wondering what you all find to be the most underrated Bangtan songs? I'm curious :suga1:

I believe songs like We On, If I Ruled the World, For You, Wishing On A Star, The outros from SLA to HYYH Pt. 1, Moving On and especially!!! A Supplementary Story: You Never Walk alone are being slept on. This could be for various reasons, ie. older songs, japanese releases, short/not "full" songs, slower tempo, whatever. 

The last song I mentioned is the most recent released, but I saw -2 people expressing love for the song in February when YNWA came out. I want justice for this contemporary R&B golden bop. 

i think every not-title song of their pre-HYYH era is underrated, post HYYH i honestly think Reflection is beautiful it has a raw feel and i cry everytime i hear it. 

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, vmin said:

I believe songs like We On, If I Ruled the World, For You, Wishing On A Star, The outros from SLA to HYYH Pt. 1, Moving On and especially!!! A Supplementary Story: You Never Walk alone are being slept on. This could be for various reasons, ie. older songs, japanese releases, short/not "full" songs, slower tempo, whatever. 

I agree with all of this so much!!!

Moving On is literally my favorite BTS songTT

Spoiler

Adding on to your list: Where did you come from, Rain,  Whalien 52

Intro: What Am I too you - i feel one of the reasons BTS/Bighit added the song to some of BTS performances and concerts is because it needed more appreciation.

Honorable mention - Interlude: What are you doing - chill and relaxing. I feel they sort of wanted it to become a trendy ringtone^^

Edited by satoori

@satoori

Same here hun. Move/Moving on is my fave song from them. :wow:

To add on, most of their Japanese releases and one of my personal fave The stars

56 minutes ago, Stepkdramafan226 said:

@satoori

Same here hun. Move/Moving on is my fave song from them. :wow:

To add on, most of their Japanese releases and one of my personal fave The stars

I'm still waiting for Bighit to release an official MV...:unimpressedmoni:....it doesn't have to be high budget. It could be old footage of BTS, the dorm or something /feels

Yaaasss!! I love their original Japanese songs so much! They seem to experiment and try different concepts compare to their Korean comebacks. i wish they would do more!!

On 7/13/2017 at 9:45 PM, Cypher• said:

i think every not-title song of their pre-HYYH era is underrated, post HYYH i honestly think Reflection is beautiful it has a raw feel and i cry everytime i hear it. 

True True

I think it would be cool, if BTS did a throwback concert.  It could be like the Begin concert - only in Korea. Basically they would perform most of their old tracks (pre-HYYH). The concert could also be streamed on vapp for the rest of us. It would be interesting to see them performing with their improved vocals. They could also do some accapella, alternative and band versions. Lol maybe they could wear some of their old outfits

8 hours ago, crazy_diamond said:

A lot of fans forgot about this masterpiece :jimin3:

Hold Me Tight

What's interesting is this song was actually really popular with the fandom when the album was first released(((((

Edited by satoori

I don't know if it's totally underrated or it's just I love it too much, but Just One Day.
I know it's "older" but it's definitely a song by them that deserves more love. 

The song in this video.  If I hadn't decided to try to watch every single BANGTANTV video from the beginning (I'm still working my way through it, there's so much...) I wouldn't have come across this beautiful gem. This has everything I like in a song, I instantly loved the chill beat in the song and the lyrics! This is why I loved Move as well; such great lyrics. ;_;

4 minutes ago, btstryhard said:
Spoiler

The song in this video.  If I hadn't decided to try to watch every single BANGTANTV video from the beginning (I'm still working my way through it, there's so much...) I wouldn't have come across this beautiful gem. This has everything I like in a song, I instantly loved the chill beat in the song and the lyrics! This is why I loved Move as well; such great lyrics. ;_;

I forgot about So 4 More((( This song definitely deserve more appreciation. I would add Path/Road also

Spoiler

BTS lyrics are everything. Honestly It's why I stan.

Wow from the beginning? that's alot of content! lol I admire your dedication #Goodluck!

Ah! I love Wishing on a Star!

I agree with all your lists so much! I wish that just because some of Bangtan's older songs aren't as popular, doesn't mean they shouldn't be talked about or listened to. The lyrics are just as meaningful and they're still just as good of songs!

This was a list I saw on YouTube that someone said:

1. Coffee

2. Hold Me Tight

3. I Know

4. Beautiful

5. Boyz With Fun

6. Attack on Bangtan

7. Dead Leaves

8. Love Is Not Over

9. Let Me Know

10. Lost

For me probably Rain is underrated? And many of their older songs are pretty underrated too

In my opinion... the most underrated song(s) in each album:

2 Cool 4 Skool - Skit: on the start line

o!rul8,2? - (literally the whole album but) Intro: o!rul8,2? / If i ruled the world / cypher pt.1

skool luv affair - where do you come from? / cypher 2 triptych

dark&wild - can you turn off your phone? / look here / 2nd grade / hip-hop lover

hyyh pt.1 - move

hyyh pt.2 - run (among the title tracks)

young forever - run (ballad mix)

wings/ynwa - reflection / am I wrong

all songs in RM Mixtape

some pre-debut songs and most of namjoon's songs

THIS AND THE BEAUTIFUL FALSETTO AT THE END RIGHT HERE

Coffee is also a beautiful song and one of the first BTS songs I fell in love with 

On 15/07/2017 at 8:49 PM, btstryhard said:

so 4 more

hOLY WHAT EVEN UP UNTIL A MINUTE AGO I HAD NO CLUE THIS EVEN EXISTED BC SPOTIFY FOR SOME REASON LISTS THIS AS THE SAME SONG AS 2ND GRADE

asd,fjahds it's like bts just dropped a new track n christmas came early

30 minutes ago, aureliaa said:

hOLY WHAT EVEN UP UNTIL A MINUTE AGO I HAD NO CLUE THIS EVEN EXISTED BC SPOTIFY FOR SOME REASON LISTS THIS AS THE SAME SONG AS 2ND GRADE

asd,fjahds it's like bts just dropped a new track n christmas came early

Glad to know that I have awoken a fellow ARMY to the greatness that is So 4 More; no one should sleep on it. Happy listening :jhope7:

Bonus: The BTS episode of it has CC subtitles.

Edited by btstryhard
CC subtitles

recently so in love with this underrated song from dark&wild :)

On 7/14/2017 at 2:15 AM, vmin said:

The last song I mentioned is the most recent released, but I saw -2 people expressing love for the song in February when YNWA came out. I want justice for this contemporary R&B golden bop. 

Hi you are x1000000 correct, I've probably listened to ASS:YNWA (best abbreviation) as much as, if not more than, Spring Day. Seriously. It is the biggest bop and it is inspirational and low key emotional af, when I get to the  "fly fly fly fly fly like it like that" I am full ready to take off and fight the world, it is the BEST song and I love it so much. The lyrics, the beat, the rise and fall of it, Syub whispering the shit out of "neowa na hamkke ramyeon useul su issuenikka"  at the end there. Magic.

Fully. Underrated.

I'm gonna go down some of the albums like namjoon.rm did above and make some picks.

• I feel like Lost did not get enough love, personally? I really like it! The melodies are great, the beat is chill but exciting, and the lyrics are awesome (thanks Joonie as always <3). A strong, meaningful, vocal line bop. Needs more love.
  • HYYH 2 is a perfect album and I'm slightly hesitant to call anything on it underrated because if anyone is sleeping on a single track from that then they should go ahead and love themselves more. But maybe Whalien 52 is slightly slept on? [[you guys know this song is based on a real whale who can't talk to any other whales because he sings at the wrong frequency and none of the other whales can hear him?? I heard about it years ago and I think about it literally all the time, I also wrote a song about it when I was younger and then Whalien dropped and I just love Bangtan and Joon very very much, thank you]]
  • Seconding the posts above about Hold Me Tight, a beautiful track, they need to let TaeTae spread his R'n'B wings more because the boy will write some bops.
  • Rain, Look Here, Can You Turn Off Your Cellphone? all great tracks, Dark and Wild is bomb, a lot of magic on there. I'm also a full fan on Outro: Do You Think It Makes Sense?
  • Also a HUGE fan of INTRO: Skool Luv Affair because it's a great song and also works as a fantastic primer to Joon, Suga, and Hobi's separate styles but also JOON'S SECTION IS ONE OF THE GREATEST BANGERS THEY'VE EVER DROPPED AND I BELIEVE THIS IN THE DEEP OF MY HEART GO LISTEN TO THE LAST HALF OF INTRO: SKOOL LUV AFFAIR RIGHT NOW. THANK YOU.

Oh my god. Everyone basically mentioned a bundle of my underrated favourites already.

• Whalien 52 - heh, an obvious one from me.
  • Wishing on a Star - A number of you guys mentioned it, I almost teared up. It's seriously one of my favourite songs from them - try listening it on a rainy day (I swear it emphasizes the feels). 
  • Dead Leaves - my go-to song for whenever 
  • I Like It - I'm not sure how underrated this song actually is (don't know if they performed it a lot during their earlier eras) but I have a strange attachment to this song that I cannot explain for the life of me
  • Blanket Kick (?) - Also not sure if this is considered underrated or not but this song kicks me in the gut good
  • Ma City - One of my hype songs

... And im gonna be that one person who would say that this is underrated as well (even though it's not really an original):

Spoiler

but i love it to pieces anyways.

newb here and wow! i have definitely never heard of the majority of these songs. the only ones that i think aren't talked about enough (i could be totally wrong): Jump,  J-hope's 1 verse,  Blanket Kick, Attack on Bangtan, and probably some of their covers on their soundcloud (yeah they have one apparently? i think its official). also V/Jin's hwarang OST maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGiyxmRP_Ag

Spoiler

Oh... and lets not forget these songs-that-shall-not-be-named beauties xDDD :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sby_6W_I0dQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBJm_0tWZuU

Edited by sungel