• Announcements

• jin

Donate~   07/11/2017

Donate to support Bangtan Base and help offset the costs of running a forum! Benefits for donators are listed out here.

Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
satoori

article
[Naver] 170714 BTS is No. 10 on Japan Oricon first half single sales... they are the only foreign artist

What's your favorite thing about Blood, Sweat & Tears MV - Japanese version?   5 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite thing about Blood, Sweat & Tears - Japanese version?

• Acting
    • Aesthetics/Graphics
    • Lyrics/Pronunciation (e.g. easier for you to sing in Japanese)
    • Other (comment below~♥)
  2. 2. Favorite version of Blood, Sweat & Tears MV?

• Korean
    • Japanese

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

0003576941_001_20170714083207229.jpg

Group BTS ranked No. 10 in Japan Oricon Chart for the first half sales figures as the only foreign artist.

On the 14th, Oricon Style, the largest site in Japan that counts the sales of albums, released the market report that calculated the first half of soft music market (single, album, music DVD). According to the report, BTS was the only foreign artist to enter their name in the single, album and music DVD sections.

BTS's "Blood Sweat & Tears" released on May 10th got them on the 10th place in the Single chart.It was announced that they were the first foreign artist to sell over 200,000 copies with a single album in 6 years. BTS's "Blood, Sweat & Tears" recorded 238,795 copies in the first week.

Other popular Japanese idols like  AKB48, Arashi, Nogizaka46, Kanjani Eigh, and Hey! Hey! Jump were also in the ranking. BTS's performance stood out among the popular Japanese singers.

BTS has sold 200,000 copies in a week with Blood Sweat & Tears in just 2 years and 11 months since their debut in Japan. This is the fastest record set by the foreign artist until now. They also expressed their gratitude, "This is possible because of ARMYs (fanclub) who supports us always"

Original article here
Responses
responses.PNG

I like the article (422) This is heartwarming (7) This makes me sad (0) I'm angry (5) I want the next part of this article (1)

dem.PNG

Users who commented on this article

1. self-producing, composing and lyric writing skills, and world class choreography! our BTS makes us proud from everywhere they go! Let's fighting for the second half of the year as well~ +315 -2

2. keuuu amazing outcome in both Korea and overseas :') BTS who always works hard, let's fighting for the second half as well! +296 -3

3. as expected~ no matter what they say, they prove with records all the time. I'm proud of them +274 -3

4. let's continue to walk on the rainbow road just like this. I will support you from everywhere... +245 -2

5. I thought they were just so-so until FIRE but I slowly fell in love since BST and then became a fan since Spring Day +212 -3

6. they slowly grew their potential and they overcame hardships to achieve their present outcome and this makes me happier! they are just a star that shines briefly. I'm happier because they became a star who will shine for a long time. Fighting!! +116 -0

7. as expected from BTS! I will anticipate for the second half~ +106 -0

8. thank you so much for making music that makes me want to listen to them more and I think you guys are preparing hard for the second half comeback. I will always support you and wait for you +105 -0

9. news that makes me strength from morning~ BTS makes me want to see them even when I'm watching them... this makes me miss them more~ ^^ +107 -1

10. I went to Trampoline Park with my daughter in Sydney and I was surprised when I saw Australian girls singing to Save me ㅎㅎ as expected from BTS!! +100 -0
Trans; © Peachisoda 

Watch BST (Japanese version)
Spoiler

GAYk0WF.gif

Edited by satoori

1.  Aesthetics
2.  Korean

1. Acting! V is really, really good at this. I don't know whether it's because we know him and therefore know his smile. But in the mv, when all he was doing was just a smile, I could tell something was a little bit off about it. Subtle, but powerful. :D

2. Korean for mv. The japanese ver had some trippy visuals which I didn't quite enjoy but I can appreciate because it's an effect they definitely intended to do. On the other hand, I lowkey like chi, ase, namida better than pi ttam nunmul, but you asked for mv.

I'm glad that they're doing so well in Japan! But I heard from some comments elsewhere that BTS isn't no. 10 but no. 11 instead? Is that true? Either way, this is a great feat they managed to pull off!

5 minutes ago, btstryhard said:

1. Acting! V is really, really good at this. I don't know whether it's because we know him and therefore know his smile. But in the mv, when all he was doing was just a smile, I could tell something was a little bit off about it. Subtle, but powerful. :D

2. Korean for mv. The japanese ver had some trippy visuals which I didn't quite enjoy but I can appreciate because it's an effect they definitely intended to do. On the other hand, I lowkey like chi, ase, namida better than pi ttam nunmul, but you asked for mv.

I'm glad that they're doing so well in Japan! But I heard from some comments elsewhere that BTS isn't no. 10 but no. 11 instead? Is that true? Either way, this is a great feat they managed to pull off!

I hope Actor V have more opportunities to act in the future. He's really good.

Yea I saw they were #11 also...http://www.oricon.co.jp/confidence/special/50073/2/

1. Negaigoto No Mochigusare – AKB48 (1,350,963)
  2. Shoot Sign – AKB48  (1,080,326)
  3. Influencer – Nogizaka46 (997,519)
  4. Fukyouwaon – Keyakizaka46 (742,748)
  5. I’ll Be There – Arashi (434,037)
  6. Boku Igai no Dare Ka – NMB48 (319,748)
  7. Nagurigaki BEAT – Kanjani 8 (308,583)
  8. OVER THE TOP – Hey!Say!JUMP (299,849)
  9. Give Me Love – Hey!Say!JUMP (282,652)
  10. Bagutte Iijan – HKT48 (267,065)
  11. Chi, Ase, Namida – Boudan Shounendan (257,621)
Edited by satoori

Then that's definitely strange. The article said Top 10... any reason to why they flubbed up like this? Typo? Someone misread the charts? The charts changed while they were writing up the article? Mediaplay? What happened, Osen?

Honestly, I'm very curious. It seems like such a unlikely mistake to make, but it happened.

that's a weird mistake to make, i just hope people don't attack BTS as if they're the ones claiming to be in top10. 

Hmm, looks like someone didn't check everything thoroughly before publishing perhaps. BTS still did very well. 

8 hours ago, btstryhard said:

Then that's definitely strange. The article said Top 10... any reason to why they flubbed up like this? Typo? Someone misread the charts? The charts changed while they were writing up the article? Mediaplay? What happened, Osen?

Honestly, I'm very curious. It seems like such a unlikely mistake to make, but it happened.

Maybe the chart changed

But most likely it's OSen doing mediaplay for a Korean artist. Clicks. 
With Korea's pride and past history with Japan --- This not the first time Korean media has exaggerated about Kpop sales and popularity in Japan. 

There's still the possibility the journalist is using something else to get his ranking..not sure what tho

2 hours ago, Cypher• said:

that's a weird mistake to make, i just hope people don't attack BTS as if they're the ones claiming to be in top10. 

Since it's Japan and it's only off by one, no one relevant  will attack them...especially in Korea.

1 hour ago, movietvdrama said:

Hmm, looks like someone didn't check everything thoroughly before publishing perhaps. BTS still did very well. 

I agree, #11 is impressive and they're the only Korean artist.

Edited by satoori

7 minutes ago, satoori said:

Since it's Japan and it's only off by one, no one relevant  will attack them...especially in Korea.

i know, i was thinking more of i-antis that always accuse us of "exaggerate" their achivements.

4 minutes ago, Cypher• said:

i know, i was thinking more of i-antis that always accuse us of "exaggerate" their achivements.

oh lol those irrelevant people. tbh I don't think many of them are even aware of the original Japanese source. Also there is no way of really knowing what the numbers are base on. Unfortunately, this will probably just be another forgotten article(BTS achievement)

Edited by satoori

It could be that Osen got their info from this source which does say that BTS ranked 10th on total sales in music software and also 10th in singles.

Still dunno why those two sources (oricon news and yahoo japan) had different rankings, especially since Yahoo jp source also sourced their info from Oricon. But it's most likely due to differing aggregation periods. The one on Oricon News had it published 23/6/17 with an aggregation period of 2016/12/26 to 2017/6/19. Yahoo jp has theirs released 13-14 July which is more recent. The whole 'first half of the year' thing is probably just an easy way to describe the aggregation period.

2 hours ago, btstryhard said:

It could be that Osen got their info from this source which does say that BTS ranked 10th on total sales in music software and also 10th in singles.

Still dunno why those two sources (oricon news and yahoo japan) had different rankings, especially since Yahoo jp source also sourced their info from Oricon. But it's most likely due to differing aggregation periods. The one on Oricon News had it published 23/6/17 with an aggregation period of 2016/12/26 to 2017/6/19. Yahoo jp has theirs released 13-14 July which is more recent. The whole 'first half of the year' thing is probably just an easy way to describe the aggregation period.

Finally an explanation for the ranking. Thank you for sharing!!!

@Cypher• @movietvdrama

8 minutes ago, satoori said:

@Cypher• @movietvdrama

Some credit goes to the person in the General Sales Thread over at OH for linking to the Yahoo article, I don't frequent news sites often. xD

The difference between before and after finishing their Japan tour was just enough to push their way into the top 10.

8 hours ago, satoori said:

@Cypher• @movietvdrama

8 hours ago, btstryhard said:

Some credit goes to the person in the General Sales Thread over at OH for linking to the Yahoo article, I don't frequent news sites often. xD

The difference between before and after finishing their Japan tour was just enough to push their way into the top 10.

Ahh, nice!