• Announcements

• jin

Donate~   07/11/2017

Donate to support Bangtan Base and help offset the costs of running a forum! Benefits for donators are listed out here.

Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
KookieMochi

Anime

95 posts in this topic

Time and time again I've come across many a kpop fan (and not necessarily of BTS) talk about being really into anime before discovering kpop. Some are still avid fans, others not so much, but seeing as the boys have mentioned a few titles, I thought it'd be interesting to talk about here ^^

For starters, we know that:

• maknae-line (or at least Taekook) have seen Haikyuu!! and have probably made a Suga/Sugawara joke or two
  • it was mentioned somewhere that the entire group has seen Attack on Titan together
  • Jimin got a One Piece figurine for his birthday (aww)
  • Yoongi dressed as Naruto for their Halloween event
  • V and Jungkook have dressed as Conan
  • V (again) dressed as Sakura/Syaoran for Halloween
  • NICO NICO NII~~~ They've seen Love Live!
  • Jin has seen Parasyte
  • and so on etc.

Personally I was one of those who got into kpop after anime, so I still have a soft spot for some series' and definitely approve of a lot of the above mentioned. 

Does anyone here keep up with anime, and if so, thoughts on any particular ones?

the last anime I saw was Death Note and idk why I hadn't seen it sooner, it was amazing

in the backstage for the halloween live jungkook mentioned he wanted to dress up as L (so he's seen Death Note too) I was so pissed he didnt haha!

Its been a while since I've seen anime, but I just cant find any good ones

I thought i try and go for a comedy instead of the heavier stuff so I started watching Nichijou, some parts are really funny but I only find some of the characters interesting

the characters I found boring (hakase and nano) were taking too much screen time so I ended up dropping it as well :/

I first got into anime as well, then into kpop. For me, Bangtan kind of renewed my love for anime :')

I hadn't finished AoT and when I heard they all watched it together, I felt like giving it another go.  I think the boys watched a lot of other anime, I'm curious to see their lists! (Wish we could see those) I'm more of a manga reader than an anime watcher myself, but they definitely renewed my love for it~

(If anyone still knows a good fantasy/yokai one, please let me know -but not much of a shounen person-)

I love haikyuu and snk, so I'm glad they have good taste in anime haha. I'm also a LL! fan (mainly because of the mobile game, love live! school idol festival) so I got really excited when I found a video of them doing Nico Nico Nii. I wonder if they play the game as well? I'm especially curious about it since a few months ago the english and the korean servers got merged, which means that we would be playing on the same server ;; what if I already played against one of them in a score match? haha

add to that list: slam dunk (yoongi and jungkook), ano hana (tae and jungkook)
probably all of them have watched/read one piece, namjoon has mentioned zoro and made a reference in one of the cyphers

i used to really like anime a long time ago but i've grown out of it...  i still read manga/webtoons once in a while tho.

three words:

YURI

ON

ICE

i have no thoughts because it left me dead...just watch it

(also ultimate one piece trash is taehyung)

I first got into anime too, Kpop came after to save my life again

Now I'm triying to keep my life between these two things and I'm doing a really bad job by the way, because school and stuff

So I have several incomplete animes

Resultado de imagen para bts pout gif

Them boys have great tastes in anime and Namjoon has great book tastes I'm so proud. I actually think Namjoon and I have pretty similar taste in things aside from music kyahahaha. I have a more similar music taste with Jungkook.

Funny story, I was introduced to BTS by anime - thanks to a certain Tokyo Ghoul group I joined and the Suga/Sugawara memes floating on the internet.

I'm Tokyo Ghoul trash but now BTS is taking me away. Sorry Kaneki. Sorry Ishida Sensei.

If anyone is in for suggestions, I love Seinen anime/manga that includes dark themes and these have to be my faves so far:

Death note

• An anime classic. Nearly everyone who are avid fans of Anime has heard about it or has seen memes of it. I was absolutely in love with this series back when I was as young as seven and actually bought myself my own death note notebook. I actually killed 'sixth grade math' with the use of it, and the cause of death is 'expanded notation" and time of death is 10x10x10=10^3.

Tokyo Ghoul

• The anime was a mess. Yes. I'm one of the people agreeing to that. This story is an absolute masterpiece and a feels ride and emotional torture and I like to suffer. I LOVE to suffer.

Erased

• Not a huge fan of the ending. Thy ship didn't sail. I want to flip tables. But this is good, like a combination of Detective Conan and Steins Gate.

Parasyte: the maxim

• Really awesome anime with really nice graphics. Story may seem strange at first but it gets dark along the way awesomeness happens.

Steins Gate

• You won't get it at first, but continue watching it until the end and you'll love how the story fits well together, Some even said it's mindblowing and I find this to be the best anime time travel series I've seen.

3 minutes ago, MinSugaGenius said:

I first got into anime too, Kpop came after to save my life again

Now I'm triying to keep my life between these two things and I'm doing a really bad job by the way, because school and stuff

So I have several incomplete animes

Resultado de imagen para bts pout gif

DUDE I FEEL YOU

dropped some of my favourite series for BTS and real life - mostly real life. It's been hectic.

I used to watch a lot of anime last year, but I'm sort of feeling too lazy to start a new one.

I recommend watching Hunter x Hunter 2011. It's my all time favorite. It may seem like a light-hearted happy story in the beginning but it gets darker and darker.
Gangsta is a good anime but I recommend reading the manga.
There's Dorohedoro, a seinen. and honestly it's amazing. The story is so different and so is the art.  The characters are extremely funny but also very serious and scary.
You should also check out Kamisama Hajimemashita , Kyoukai No Kanata, NANA (the feels), Orange, Toradora, Paprika (movie), Boku no Hero Academia, Horimiya, I am a hero, Haru Matsu and Nijiiro Days ( this one <3).

Edited by Israa

4 minutes ago, Trash Jay said:

DUDE I FEEL YOU

dropped some of my favourite series for BTS and real life - mostly real life. It's been hectic.

Resultado de imagen para drowning gif

When I look at my "Watching" list and see an anime that I started seeing like a year ago:D

59 minutes ago, Trash Jay said:

Tokyo Ghoul

• The anime was a mess. Yes. I'm one of the people agreeing to that. This story is an absolute masterpiece and a feels ride and emotional torture and I like to suffer. I LOVE to suffer.

can confirm. watched the anime, read the manga, suffered A LOT. the manga is a lot more coherent than the anime though.

1 hour ago, Trash Jay said:

Steins Gate

• You won't get it at first, but continue watching it until the end and you'll love how the story fits well together, Some even said it's mindblowing and I find this to be the best anime time travel series I've seen.

I haven't watched the anime yet, but I've played the original visual novel and cleared all endings and this is one of the BEST games I have ever played. dunno if the anime did the game justice, but the plot of the vn is absolutely amazing. and the art is stunning as well!

I knew anime before kpop :jungkook1:

7 hours ago, kim-taehyung said:

three words:

YURI

ON

ICE

I'm in a rush to leave the house but tRUST ME when I say I will get back to you on this cheesy-as-all-hell precious show. I have many feels. You have been warned.

I  watched anime since i was 5 so yeah i was a fan, but  stop watching them when i got more into series, even then  i still read mangas but after i while i couldnt keep up with the updates.

My friend always tells me to watch the ones she is watching (currently Yuri on Ice)  but i cant, even when D.gray-man return from the ashes  i watched the first episode and thats it.

This are the ones i used to like:

BACCANO! 

D.gray-man

Gintama

Spice and wolf

Eden of the east

Ga rei Zero ( just "Ga rei"  if you read the manga)

6 minutes ago, suga's baby face said:

I  watched anime since i was 5 so yeah i was a fan, but  stop watching them when i got more into series, even then  i still read mangas but after i while i couldnt keep up with the updates.

My friend always tells me to watch the ones she is watching (currently Yuri on Ice)  but i cant, even when D.gray-man return from the ashes  i watched the first episode and thats it.

This are the ones i used to like:

BACCANO! 

D.gray-man

Gintama

Spice and wolf

Eden of the east

Ga rei Zero ( just "Ga rei"  if you read the manga)

I can second BACCANO! (watched the anime and am currently reading the light novels), and D.Gray-Man I used to follow until the huge hiatus and I haven't exactly kept up since.

I watch Gintama from time to time, it's such a ridiculous show and it doesn't take itself seriously at all, which is great. I've heard of Spice and Wolf but haven't personally seen it, and I don't think I've heard of Eden of the East and Ga-Rei: Zero, though? Would you say they're any good?

I kind of knew anime before kpop but stopped watching it after I got really into kpop tbh.

I have been wanting to get back into Anime... There are just so many that I don't know where to start. 

1 minute ago, Trashley said:

I kind of knew anime before kpop but stopped watching it after I got really into kpop tbh.

I have been wanting to get back into Anime... There are just so many that I don't know where to start. 

Same. To be fair, I never really stopped watching it (a series here and there that catches my interest, that kinda thing), but ever since kpop it's been a bit of a blur, really.

So many of the mainstream ones don't really look all too interesting, so even if I wanted to get back into watching Anime proper (and I do), I don't know what I should watch first, either.

1 minute ago, KookieMochi said:

Same. To be fair, I never really stopped watching it (a series here and there that catches my interest, that kinda thing), but ever since kpop it's been a bit of a blur, really.

So many of the mainstream ones don't really look all too interesting, so even if I wanted to get back into watching Anime proper (and I do), I don't know what I should watch first, either.

Omg same!

Mainstream ones seem so basic to me, and I will just lose interest already. 

@KookieMochi

Eden of the east  it's what i was into at the time... i cant really talked about  the plot cause i dont remember a lot all i can say its that  spies, secrets  and thriller were my weak spot i dont know if they deliver a satisfying ending tho since it had 2 movies and i'm pretty sure i didnt watch one of them. The most memorable thing about it its that even after i finish the series i keep thinking about it wich it's hard in anime (and especially to my 15 y/o self) cause usuallly i would end one and already had 3 on queue.

Ga rei zero it's more of and action/fight paranormal anime and even when i liked the manga better its still a pretty satisfying anime to me.( i said i liked the manga better but never read the ending cause no one translate it)

I cant really say if they are good cause my teenage self used to have low standars ( who am i kiding i still have low standars).

P.S: Spice and Wolf its not for everyone its slow and nothing really happen, but i was really into the protagonist so i loved it.