• Announcements

• jin

Donate~   07/11/2017

Donate to support Bangtan Base and help offset the costs of running a forum! Benefits for donators are listed out here.

Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
KookieMochi

Anime

95 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, KookieMochi said:

Currently gearing up for an Inuyasha marathon in two weeks thanks to @fuckparkjimin. Should be fun ^^

moana-review-maui-youre-welcome-song-gif.gif

Posted (edited)

Oki, sooo I just found this thread...I'm just super bad with finding them omg 

BUT YES ANIME I haven't been spending much time on them at all ever since I got into BTS...they honestly take up so much of my time ;u; 

NOT THAT I MIND :$ but omg recently I happened to come across RE:Zero bc my friend was watching it and it's v interesting and I'm planinng on watching it soon~ 

AND HAIKYUU. FREAKING HAIKYUU okay I gotta finish season 3. I'm soo behind...but the manga is super good and I'm kinda caught up on that so I'm good for now heh :')

:suga3: Okai, just wanted to drop by & comment~ 

OH AND YO THAT GIF that songs been stuck in my head for sometime. I ONLY WATCHED MOANA RECENTLY AND ITS SO FREAKING CUTE :x @fuckparkjimin

Oyah, Inuyasha's been on my TO WATCH list for quite some time...oops :3 

Edited by Ems_vv

Posted (edited)

Fushigi Yuugi. I think of my high school years, and I'm flooded by  happy and sad memories of Fushigi Yuugi. I've seen lots of older anime and read lots of older manga.

Anime series I'd watch again: Cowboy Bebop, Fushigi Yuugi, did I mention Fushigi Yuugi? Maybe Fruits Baskets. But really Fushigi Yuugi.

Manga I love:  Banana Fish, Tokyo Babylon + X/1999, GTO (soon funny),  Clamp Campus Protectors Duklyon, Mars, Sakende Yaruze, Prince of Tennis, Love Mode (yaoi). Also, Rumiko Takahashi is the queen of comedy. Even though story wise I find her stuff too long and drawn out, if you want to laugh, just look at the faces she draws)

More recently I did watch AoT and Madoka Magica both of which I liked quite a lot.

Fushigi Yuugi. :jin3:

Edited by Missgracie842

On 4/2/2017 at 5:56 PM, 민슈가천재짱짱맨뽕뽕 said:

Just to remind you guys AoT season 2 had just started :")

Along with BNHA, I know what I'll be doing during my break tbh.

Though having read the manga, I don't know if I'll end up watching S2 of SnK yet :")

I managed to watch the subtitled version of Your Name, which is playing as a limited release in select U.S. theaters in a dubbed version as well. I definitely recommend watching anime films in theaters on the big screen if you can and if you haven't yet. The film is not a game changer if you expected one from it's massive success and popularity, particularly if you watch a ton of sci-fi/fantasy like me, but the seeming simplicity and universality of the story crafted by Makoto Shinkai is the sort that can only be achieved by a practiced and deft hand as the director certainly has. Spoiler-y thoughts under the cut:

Spoiler

If I was in their situation, the first thing I would do is to find out the address and any contact info of wherever/whoever I am and track that person down. I am shocked they waited that long to try to find one another.

Anime food always gets me hungry.

The animation of the cord braiding is supremely detailed and gorgeous.

It was super cute when Taki's friend with glasses revealed he thought feminine Taki when Mitsuha was operating Taki's body was cute.

It was also super cute that Taki as Mitsuha got confessions from people of both the male and female genders.

I found it surprisingly touching and frustratingly hilarious that he wrote 'I love you' on her hand instead of his name and pretty much thought the same thing that she said when she saw it. "This doesn't help me remember your name!"

These two pervs deserve each other lol.

I can't guarantee this for everyone, but after watching the pretty animation of the movie for it's 107 minute run time, everything seemed to look more pretty when I came out of the movie.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:04 PM, KookieMochi said:

NORAGAMI. K PROJECT. BEELZEBUB. Also AoE's new season is leagues better I'm appeased.

One day I'll just come screaming into your inbox I have so much love.

Now I just need to find someone who watched AssClass (lmaoo) and I'll be at peace.

I can't remember if I've responded to this or not but the second season of AoE was AMAZING!

Also...AssClass, lmaaaao. What is that one about?

Now that AoE has ended, my anime du jour is AoT (Attack on Titan) since the second season recently started, SO sad at times but it's also been brilliant, and I love seeing the manga come to life.

Posted (edited)

#TeamAnimeBeforeKpop (beware of huge-ass wall of text)

Slam Dunk and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are still some of my favorite anime of all time. Code Geass is great too!

Honorable mentions (I was gonna mass-quote a lot of replies but it was so confusing so I'm just gonna put the most mentioned titles here):

Spoiler

Sengoku BASARA - Ok I know the games are still better but STILL I LOVE THIS ANIME I'M TOTAL SANADA YUKIMRUA TRASH
Love Live - Gave it a try, kind of liked the first series, but the movies and the 2nd season felt so mediocre. Didn't bother continuing
Shingeki no Kyojin - lost interest after a while somewhere in the middle of the manga. It's pretty cool though. The stress I got from the first episode/chapter, though
Haikyuu - I was up to date until like the 7th episode or something, then I completely forgot about it ;;
Kuroko no Basuke - The other anime before Haikyuu I continuously followed. It was like mid 2nd-season when the final chapter of the manga was released and I was so disappointed with the conclusion I didn't bother completing the anime. Still not up to par with SD but eyy I still love Kagami!
D.Gray-Man - I love love LOVE the concept and story of D.Gray-Man! I left the fandom quite early, don't remember why but I freaking love Allen and Lenalee.
Durarara!! - I didn't love this right off the bat but it definitely grew onto me and became one of my faves. The original story (novels) seemed kind of convoluted to me so I stayed with the anime series. 
Ao no Exorcist - I watched like 2 episodes before I stopped because I didn't have time, but it's pretty cool
K-On! / Daily Lives of High School Boys / Lucky Star / slice-of-life anime in general - I was never really into these, LS bored me out, but at least K-On was amusing. 
Fairy Tail - @KPOP I loved FT, but I began losing interest after the S Class Wizard trial. The games arc kind of brought back my interest, but then it turned into the back-and-forth formula that Bleach had that made me drop the series. It's still pretty cool to me though, Levy, Erza, and Lucy are still my favorite wizards.
Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy - When Taehyung mentioned this anime I cackled so hard because this was so sparkly af, but eyyy I loved it too, the story's pretty good and the inevitable ending was a tear-jerker. 
Yu-Gi-Oh! - GuYS I LITERALLY WOKE UP AT 7AM ON WEEKENDS FOR THIS WHEN I WAS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DIDN'T EVERYBODY BECOME A DUELIST ONCE IN THEIR LIFE I'M-

+ old anime of the old: Saber Marionette J, Kuro-chan something, just… the cat with the gun, Magic Knight Rayearth a.k.a the superior of all superior anime, Card Captor Sakura, Zenki, Yu Yu Hakusho, Flame of Recca, and among others. 

Recommendations:

Spoiler

Heroman - This is a Marvel story! You can actually find Stan Lee in some episodes, lmao. It's not too heavy and any age group can appreciate this. The soundtrack's pretty badass too.
Fate/Zero - I'm almost shook at how no one's talking about this but then I saw @blueyart mention it and I was like yaaaaas. Okay I know Fate/Stay night was bad, but F/Z totally made up for it and the new Fate/Unlimited Blade Works anime is a pretty good companion for it too. I KNOW THE FATE FRANCHISE IS KIND OF CONVOLUTED NOW BUT TRUST ME IT'S GR8
Anything Ghibli - Y'all probably already know, but if you haven't tried any, goooooo
Gundam Build Fighters - It's basically a whole commercial but it's pretty good twist to the usual Gundam formula.

I haven't gone around to watch Kimi no Nawa, Psycho Pass, Boku no Hero Academia (tho I got some recommendations), or Yuri on Ice (with the amount of YOI I see on my feed daily when it was the rage, I knew the story without even watching LOL), I rarely every follow mainstream anime. Not even SAO! But we'll see.

Backtrack:

Spoiler

On December 12, 2016 at 9:29 PM, FIRST LOVE said:

add to that list: slam dunk (yoongi and jungkook), ano hana (tae and jungkook)

Made me cry buckets. Literally cried every time Menma cried. I regret nothing :why:

On December 12, 2016 at 11:21 PM, Israa said:

I recommend watching Hunter x Hunter 2011. It's my all time favorite. It may seem like a light-hearted happy story in the beginning but it gets darker and darker.

I haven't gotten around to finishing it but yea it's pretty good. The ending from the 90's series was kind of half-assed.

On January 3, 2017 at 8:02 PM, KookieMochi said:

Boku no Hero Academia is basically a shonen trope throwback, and it does it well, too. It reminded me of Katekyo Hitman Reborn! a lot, and I read the latter a while back and adored it to bits.

I was obsessed with KHR at one point. My longest, most cryptic password ever was inspired by it. Unfortunately the anime was so damn slow and the manga took a really bad turn, so I kind of dropped it. I loved the music from the series a lot, I still have so many saved in my J-pop folder.

On January 15, 2017 at 10:55 PM, blueyart said:

Another would be Cowboy Bebopset in the distant future where they try to catch criminals for for rewards and they meet people who become a part of the crew while travelling. This series came out in 1998, and i believe its like a transition to the modern. the feel of the anime has a mix of western while still being strongly japanese. it's an all time fave, and has been listed in a lot of lists of animes to watch.

I love you for mentioning CB. My kokoro went brokoro at the end

On January 25, 2017 at 4:16 AM, daegvboy said:

well look at this xD

So apparently JK loved Shugo Chara, Yoongi Slam Dunk (go figure..), Chimchim Dragon Ball, Jin Digimon Adventure, Namjoon Pokemon(?), Tae Phantom Thief Jeanne and Hobi Atashinchi :jimin2:

Digimon Adventure was my obsession in elementary school, alongside Naruto. I know people tend to say they like 3rd gen best but it's actually my least fave;; the 4th was okay, but 1st gen is still the best imo. Hobi's Atashinchi tho, lmao

On February 25, 2017 at 11:46 PM, fuckparkjimin said:

well for me ive been an anime fan since i was like 8.

inuyasha was and forever will be my favourite anime ever, its my childhood. i remember my uncle used to buy me the inuyasha figures every time untill i had every character (again, i was like 9 or 10 and i broke them all and idk where they are now casue i want them so bad i even had kiara   srJEyC9.gif)

… sugar sugar rune

Inuyasha led me to cosplay. My best friend was so obsessed with it too. She cosplayed Inuyasha and I was Sango. I remember my Sango became a bit popular, lmao. SSR and other magical girl anime like Princess Comet, Magical Do-Re-Mi, Pretty Cure, and Musumet were my guilty pleasures LOL

Edited by Chim Chim Star™

On March 31, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Missgracie842 said:

Manga I love:  Banana Fish, Tokyo Babylon + X/1999, GTO (soon funny),  Clamp Campus Protectors Duklyon, Mars, Sakende Yaruze, Prince of Tennis, Love Mode (yaoi).

Oh man I totally forgot PoT! I was so obsessed with TeniPuri I even made OCs for it LOL

As for the yaoi genre… who has watched Junjou Romantica, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, and Togainu no Chi? ' v '

6 minutes ago, Chim Chim Star™ said:

Oh man I totally forgot PoT! I was so obsessed with TeniPuri I even made OCs for it LOL

But it was so easy to obsess over! I even bought the soundtracks to the stage musicals ahahahahaha. 

25 minutes ago, Missgracie842 said:

But it was so easy to obsess over! I even bought the soundtracks to the stage musicals ahahahahaha. 

The stage musicals were so awesome, istg. I loved some of the character CDs too, Shiraishi's 1st one will always be my favorite. I still have it in my iTunes!

…I can't say the same for New Prince of Tennis, though. It went from borderline unreleastic to completely intergalactic tennis. I don't even know what's going on anymore haha

11 hours ago, Chim Chim Star™ said:

The stage musicals were so awesome, istg. I loved some of the character CDs too, Shiraishi's 1st one will always be my favorite. I still have it in my iTunes!

…I can't say the same for New Prince of Tennis, though. It went from borderline unreleastic to completely intergalactic tennis. I don't even know what's going on anymore haha

Yas the character CDs. I still listen to  Tezuka's Christmas single every year hahahaha. 

I didn't even know there was a new Tenipuri!  But things did seem to be going a little cosmic  already in the movie....I kinda left the fandom at that point haha

Argghh being in this forum makes me feel old lmao. Apparently getting a job and being in college doesn't give me much time to watch anime. CUTEMON3.gif.6974a91a07a00bac63c2653ace6cd176.gif

I've been into manga more since they're quicker to consume. There's usually one or two thing I'll watch per season but I just don't have the time to watch everything. 

I'm trying to catch up with One Piece but the animation... could be better. Right now I'm just watching Boku No Academia S2 but the pacing is....!!!! could be better once again!!!!

Posted (edited)

I've been watching anime since I was in 6th grade and I'm just now going into my senior year of high school, so I have a lot of watched. I'm sorry for the list I'm about to throw at you.

• Code Geass (THIS SHOW IS MY MAIN FANDOM AND I COULD GO ON ABOUT IT FOREVER AND I'M SO EXCITED IT'S FINALLY GETTING A SEASON 3 THIS YEAR AND I'M SO SORRY I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH)
  • Durarara!! (Including x2 Shou, x2 Ten, and x2 Ketsu)
  • Haikyuu!! (I still haven't watched season 3, rip)
  • Free!
  • Yuri on Ice
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Mirai Nikki
  • Owari no Seraph
  • Danganronpa (Also Zetsubou-hen and Mirai-hen)
  • Blue Exorcist (I still gotta finish the last 2 episodes of the Kyoto Impure King Arc)
  • Attack on Titan (I gotta watch all of season 2 still)
  • Soul Eater (I'm still finishing this one)
  • Death Note
  • Ouran High School Host Club (MY FIRST ANIME YO)
  • Black Butler (I didn't watch Book of Circus, though)
  • Black Butler II
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Your Lie in April
  • Hourou Musuko

Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head, sorry, that was just a lot of me ranting ><" but those are the animes I've seen 

Edited by cyphersatoori

I found my new home! OMG! As an actual college student studying animation, I never grew out of anime. 

My favorites have got to be Tokyo Ghoul(though this is debatable while I like seeing them animated, the anime story was shit, manga was infinitely better), Haikyuu KnB, AoT, Free!, Death Parade. Psycho Pass etc. I tend to prefer the more heavy ones. I'm a masochist who hates suffering but love watching characters suffer. Sue me.