• Announcements

• jin

Follow The Pumpkin Patch Thread   10/18/2017

Be sure to follow the Pumpkin Patch thread so you don't miss out on any of the post race games or stream events!

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
SeokSeok

pann 171007 BTS's DNA lyrics bother me

I really enjoy listening to the recent album by BTS and I support them

I was so close from becoming their fan after watching mic drop stage

I was enjoying the DNA track and then the lyrics kind of bothers me ㅎㅎ

there's this part that goes "the DNA inside my blood vessel tells me" but

the blood that runs in our system divides into plasma and blood corpuscle 

blood corpuscle is a cell in our blood and it consists of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets

but there is no nucleus in red blood cell whereas it exists in white blood cell

DNA can only exist when there's nucleus

so I wish the lyrics could state clearly, "DNA inside my white blood cell tells me"

Original post here

Response +1347 -81

1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the lyrics were written by a liberal arts student... sorry... +428 -6

ㄴI apologize to the serious OP but white blood cells exist inside our blood vessel... +46 -2

ㄴ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ you're right, Namjoon was a liberal arts student ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +80 -1

ㄴ they showed equations unrelated to DNA in their MV too ㅋㅋ +14 -0

ㄴ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ so true not even one member used to be a science student (in high school)... even the three rapper members who write the lyrics were liberal arts students...ㅎ +84 -1

ㄴ did the science students dislike the comment;;; +3 -0

2. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ "DNA inside my white blood cell tells me"~ f*ck ㅋㅋㅋ this is hilarious +337 - 2

ㄴ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but it's not like they said "DNA inside my red blood cell tells me" they just said blood vessels ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and imagine the number of cells inside our system..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ we don't have only red blood cells inside us so I don't think this is a big issue +49 -3

ㄴ someone commented that there is no nucleus in red blood cell but that's not accurate.. young red blood cell has a nucleus but it disappears as it matures. Red and white blood cells both have nucleus it's just like ordering fried chicken and writing the address as "US", it's a vast scope! so I don't think there's an issue with the lyrics and the OP just doesn't know +14 -0

ㄴ science song ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +2 -0

3. I'm singing liberal arts song I'm sorry bae +285 -6

ㄴ This is cypher ㅋㅋ +2 -0

4. OP, you've copied this from the Facebook post so let's credit the source +135 -0

natepann_temp15073754698291918955114.jpg

Ajou University Community Board #32021st pioneer's shout: #sciencestudentdoesitagain

BTS's new song "DNA" lyrics bother me

"DNA inside my blood vessel tells me that you are the one I've been looking for"

In the order of size

atom < molecule < cell organelle < cell < tissue < organ < organ system < body

and the DNA belongs to the (large) molecule inside the cell organelle and the blood vessel falls under the system cateogory as various cells form the vessel

therefore, it's not completely wrong but 

"DNA inside my blood vessel tells me" is as unclear as, "the ant in the universe tells me"

I think it could have been better if they said "DNA inside my white blood cell tells me"

5. ah, blood vessel is right if you look at it in a broad sense... ha science students... +67 -1

6. it sounds like a science song when you add white blood cell ㅋㅋㅋㅋ +40 -0

7. but ARMYs are witty. most of the times when someone posts something like this the sensitive and serious fans always comment like "then don't listen to it;;" "you're a pro complainer" +34 -2

8. There was a feedback from the lyric writer Rap Monster (real name: Kim Namjoon), not sure if this can be called a feedback but... among the comments left by fans during the V live app, someone commented "(someone said) there is no DNA in blood vessel" and RM read this and replied. "there is no DNA inside the blood vessel?" (shaky pupils) "ohh I will ask my science class friends later" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ +33 -0

Eng Trans By : @peachisoda

Edited by SeokSeok

lmaaaao this is so funny, even i who studied science almost all my life (now i went to the opposite direction lol) didnt noticed omg:jhope5: