Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hexenbiest

[TRANSLATION] 힙합하다: RAP MONSTER

Rap Monster's part in a book about Korean hip-hop was translated by Miri on her tongue technology blog. 

The links:

Part1, Part2, Part3

Really interesting, worth reading it. 

Turning off Ad-block can give some help to these translation blogs. 

thank you... really enjoy reading these individual interviews... where they get to spill their honest thoughts and stories without needing to make it entertaining

i really like rap mon's perspective on many things. his FC posts are in particular really beautifully written. there's always this sense of loss when i read translations because i am once again reminded that i cannot understand them directly, nor will i ever be able to fully do so because so many things are lost in translation... 

I'm so happy he got the chance to be part of a book i have no doubt in the future he will write one on his own.

On 12/18/2016 at 10:56 AM, haze said:

so many things are lost in translation... 

You got me with this comment. That's true. But I remember when RM said thank you int. fans for overcoming the language barrier and listening to our music anyway. I've come across some people who liked BTS' music but couldn't get over the fact that it's in a different language which made me really sad. So I think it's really precious that despite it we are all still here listening  to them. That we, people from across the world, heard their voice and listen anyway. I mean we're STRUGGLIN' but we're trying jimin9:

Please read this translation of RM. A spoiler if you will..

"I said that my grades were 5000th in the nation, but that this company says I have a lot of talent, and no matter how well I study I'll always be 5000th, but that this person of repute says I could be #1 through rap. I asked, "Mom, would you rather have a son who's 1st, or a son who's 5000th?" and she gave her permission."

Our leader, a person who definitely has the potential to be #1 in rap.

He's been cute since day 1 I can't believe he convinced her this way 

But if you ask whether 'hip hop' and 'idol' can co-exist, a long debate always ensues.

For some reason this reminded me of the interview that RM&Yoongi went to and where BFree kept condemning them because of the easy path they chose /sigh/

It would be nice if 5 or 10 years from now, people could see me and think, "he really did want to do many things, and he did well in his own way."

:v1::v1::v1: