Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in on the discussions! If you have any problems with registering, please email us at bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com!
satoori

pann BANGTAN'S DEBUT IS KINDA UNEXPECTEDㅋㅋㅋㅋ

First, the debut group was supposed to be composed of Rapmon (Kim Namjoon), Iron (Jung Heoncheol) and Supreme Boy (Shin Donghyuk)

+

11ven (Choi Ikje), Suga (Min Yoongi) were chosen during Hit It 1 auditions

+

J-Hope (Jung Hoseok) was give a contract while he was attending his academy in Gwanju

+

Kido from Toppdog (Jin Hyosang) was chosen during Hit It 2 auditions

And from then, Iron, Supreme Boy, 11ven and Kido were dropped.
And Jungkook, Jin, V and Jimin were added.

+ Beenzino and Basick were also in the debut line-up!!!

At first, they didn't want to make an idol group and almost became a hip hop crewㅋㅋㅋ

Since Suga was supposed to produce and write lyrics and Rapmon was supposed to do hip hop, so they had no idea that they would become an idol group.

If you look at the auditions, Jungkook was rapping in front of an assembly during his audition video and entered Big Hit since he was the winner.

The rappers who were dropped also never thought of becoming idols.

Suga and Rapmon also said that they had a hard time identifying themselves as idols. They said that they kept saying that they would make music but suddenly needed to start dancing and were taken aback,

This was during their debut time. Everyone looked so youngㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2Mc8HBU.jpg

qkblPOn.jpg

5SpIwLW.jpg

And this was BTS at their debut

eovQhe1.jpg

OCvxryM.jpg

wI8dVJH.jpg

iW7UGAb.jpg

GLABUHB.jpg

post response:
[+549][-27]

original post: here
trans credits

[+370 -10] Although right now, the maknae line is more popular, the original members were the central core of Bangtan and were the ones holding the group together. Especially Suga and Rapmon, people curse at them at first sight because of their visuals and it breaks my heartㅜㅜ They are the ones responsible for the distinct color of Bangtan's music and also for the lyrics. But people are bashing them for their looksㅜㅜ 

[+325 -5] It was a work of God that the other members got dropped.. Except for Supreme Boy, the rest all became druggies

[+315 -11] I'm used to the group now so I like it better. Jimin got added last but it was seriously a work of God

[+120 -4] Bangtan's Kim Namjoon was the very first. Without him, there would be no Bangtan at all...

[+89 -2] You have to acknowledge Bang PD's eye for selecting people. The people who got dropped probably smelled like drugs. Supreme Boy is currently a producer and lyricist and participates in some of BTS's songs. You can sense his input since his songs are usually very hip hop-y

[+82 - 3] He didn't know that he would be an idol but he's an born-to-be idol..

hJSeNqP.gif

Edited by satoori

PREDEBUT BANGTAN

I was doing this on twitter for a while, but I keep losing tweets or people come on and want the whole story and I really need to put all my thoughts in one giant post I can refer back to anyway. So. HERE IS A POST EXPLAINING PREDEBUT BANGTAN.

Brief Overview of Every Member Ever:

Choi Ikje
- known as i11evn (will refer to him as ikje cause i11evns annoying to write)
- Born Feb 19, 1987
- part of daenamhyup (or DNH, the crew rap monster's affiliated with)
- currently underground (or idk if he's considered "underground") with the label FactoryBoi
- this is just to say he's a pretty good rapper, look him up!

Jung Hunchul
- known as Iron
- January 8, 1992 (confirmed)
- part of DNH
- set to debut in group Hive under Polaris Ent
- I know too much about him so you can ask me stuff if you want

Jin Hyosang
- known as Kidoh
- Born Dec 16, 1992
- Debuted in Topp Dogg under Stardom Ent
- part of DNH

Min Yoongi
- known as Suga
- Born March 9, 1993
- Rapper of Bangtan under Big Hit

Jung Hoseok
- known as J-hope
- Born Feb 19, 1994
- Rapper/Dancer of Bangtan under Big Hit

Shin Donghyuk
- known as Supreme Boi (way predebut known as Suprema)
- April 15, 1994
- part of DNH
- producer for Big Hit, works on tracks with Bangtan

Kim Namjoon
- known as Rap Monster (way predbut known as Runch Randa
- Sept 12, 1994
- part of DNH (idk if he still is tbh?)
- leader of the group Bangtan under Big Hit

Shaky Timeline

2010: Namjoon and Hunchul
Mid 2010: Namjoon, Hunchul, Ikje, Donghyuk, Yoongi, Hoseok
Mid 2011: Namjoon, Hunchul, Donghyuk (?), Yoongi, Hoseok, Hyosang
Late 2011: Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Hyosang, Jungkook (magnae in Bangtan), V (Bangtan)
Early-Mid 2012: Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jungkook, V (and then the rest of Bangtan gets added)

Hard Facts

Let's begin this with Namjoon and Hunchul. I don't know exactly when they met up because, as far as I know, they did no tracks together before Big Hit (unless Hunchul had some different name no one knows). But yes, they for sure met before 2010 in Big Hit and did some of their own tracks as well as tracks on their sunbaes albums (including 2am and Lim Junghee). Sometime in early 2010, they were set to debut as a duo called Bangtan Sonyeondan with a more hip hop centric concept. I'm hesitant to say concept because they were definitely not slated to be an idol group, they were two rappers with no singer so it'd be more like a Dynamic Duo, Supreme Team, Epik High type group. Hunchul was going to be leader, I assume because he's older (he's technically hyung!). Something happened, no one knows what, and they were no longer to debut as a duo and Big Hit called for auditions to join their group.

Around Mid 2010, there were auditions (IkjeHoseokYoongi) and they were all added to the group. Supposedly Yoongi and Ikje did a rap battle to see who would be added and Ikje won, but Yoongi was added to Bangtan anyway. I'm not entirely sure how Donghyuk joined? I know he was in the lineup about mid 2010, but he doesn't have any audition tape. This continued on for a year and there are some photos of all six of them together and being dumb. There are also photos of them paired up in random ways, but yeah they were all together slated to become the hip hop group Bangtan.

It lasted for around a year until Ikje decided to leave the group. I'm not entirely sure when Ikje came to the decision. No one is entirely sure why, though most people come to the consensus that this is the time where Bangtan was decided to be an idol group. I'm not sure if Donghyuk was still part of Bangtan? He was obviously still part of Big Hit so that could be why he did songs with Namjoon, but it wasn't a definite he was out until later. Kidoh's audition was accepted at this point by Big Hit and he was added on as a group member.

Actually from mid 2010-late 2011 there's a bit of a blur in Bangtan's history. Ikje, Donghyuk, and Hunchul all left during this time and Hyosang entered the group. There's a video of Donghyuk and Namjoon together on August of 2011 which would suggest he's still there (and might suggest that Hunchul's out by that point). Donghyuk's consistently a blur because he's been in Big Hit since Namjoon joined (pretty sure) and he's still there. At some point he was put in Bangtan and at some point he decided to leave which he said was because the idol life wasn't for him. Instead, he's a producer for Big Hit and works with Bangtan on songs. But, by late 2011, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Namjoon are the definite members of Bangtan. In the comic, Jungkook and V are added mid-2011, but they weren't shown off to the public. 

(Slight tangent about Jin. He has probably been in Big Hit for a while, but he started out trying to be an actor. The Bangtan comic says he joined in summer of 2012 which is when I think he moved into the dorm? Sometime before that he was probably put into Bangtan, but lived with his parents cause he lives in Seoul.)

OBSERVATIONS BY ME DON'T TAKE AS HARD FACTS

- Namjoon and Donghyuk have known each other a longer time than Hunchul and Namjoon (I'm pretty damn sure). They have tracks together back when Namjoon was Runch Randa and he was that back in like 2008, 2009. 

- Hyosang has a song about his trainee life! He mentions Bangtan and that he got in by accident and it seems like he didn't try that hard for the audition (as he was focusing on college) so he was surprised he got in. Hyosang's kind of...weird because I've heard he officially left Bangtan in 2012 (since Bangtan was doing this thing where they had confirmed members, but only showed off a few of them at a time, Big Hit might have been planning to reveal him later.) Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon did this Hit It thing claiming they were Bangtan at that point and Hyosang's not there so? In Hyosang's song, to me, it seems like he thought he wasn't appreciated in Big Hit and went to Stardom. He has said he left Bangtan on good terms and is very friendly with Jin!

- Another theory with Hyosang is that maybe he was only allowed into Bangtan because Ikje and Donghyuk left (and maybe cause Hunchul left too). Like, Big Hit wanted another rapper so they accepted Hyosang out of need rather than a good assessment of his skills. Maybe Hyosang felt that and left? Because, the song does say by accident like he didn't even expect it.

- Third theory with Hyosang is he might have felt that he just didn't fit as part of Bangtan. Their type of music is really different to what he has produced. This probably works best with him leaving in good terms because if Bangtan wasn't doing the type of style Hyosang wanted to do it would make sense he would leave. 

- Daenamhyup is very difficult. I don't know when they were officially formed or who were the original members. I'm pretty sure Namjoon, Donghyuk, Marvel J, Samsoon, and Kyum2 formed it as this 94line friendship type thing? Then, they added different age members and it turned into more of a crew than just a friendship line. I'm pretty sure Namjoon and Donghyuk have a lot of say (even though Marvel J's leader) because I think Hunchul, Ikje, and Hyosang joined only after they met Namjoon and Donghyuk in Big Hit. UNLESS Daenamhyup was formed around 2011? Though, I am certain that Ikje was not in the original Daenamhyup and Namjoon definitely was (Ikje's said it before). The only reason I'm not certain if Namjoon's still in Daenamhyup is because he hasn't done anything with them, but maybe if Bangtan gets a break he'll be able to.

- Hunchul. I really like Hunchul so I'm already starting off with a bias here. We have no idea why he left Bangtan. Ikje and Donghyuk left because they thought an idol image wasn't for them, but Hunchul is about to debut in an idol group. (Hyosang we don't really know why either but at least they're on good terms and talk) For a while, people (read me) were very confused where he went because he changed his name to Iron on us so, for a bit, I was convinced he left rapping. Then, he pops back on the radar and it's strange. He's had no interaction with Namjoon whatsoever. Like, none. He took a picture with Hyosang since they were promoting at the same time (Hunchul rapped for Rumblefish) but Namjoon was promoting at the same time and nothing. Bangtan (I don't remember if it was Jin or Namjoon) gave a promo for Topp Dogg when Hyosang debuted, but nothing for Hunchul when he featured on Rumblefish's song? 

- Another theory is maybe Hunchul got really fed up with waiting. I'm surprised Namjoon didn't because he was supposed to debut in 2010! It took him three years to get to Bangtan's debut after he had been promised a debut. I'd prefer this theory to be quite honest ;___;

-Ikje and Donghyuk might have left because of the idol title. Not necessarily because they don't want to be known as "idols" and think it's lesser (though maybe for Ikje). Ikje's pretty old and he would have been out of the range for idols debuting at that time. Donghyuk's has said for sure that the "idol life wasn't for him" and seems to like producer more with a side of rapping with Daenamhyup.

Links (timeline + predebut bangtan tracks, both hunchul and rapmon old profiles are closed now*) Credit: fearnoworld

NWAiM7w.jpg?1

Edited by satoori

thanks, this was really informative, some thinks i knew some other's i didn't. 

"Third theory with Hyosang is he might have felt that he just didn't fit as part of Bangtan. Their type of music is really different to what he has produced. This probably works best with him leaving in good terms because if Bangtan wasn't doing the type of style Hyosang wanted to do it would make sense he would leave. "

this was my theory too.

2 hours ago, Cypher• said:

thanks, this was really informative, some thinks i knew some other's i didn't. 

"Third theory with Hyosang is he might have felt that he just didn't fit as part of Bangtan. Their type of music is really different to what he has produced. This probably works best with him leaving in good terms because if Bangtan wasn't doing the type of style Hyosang wanted to do it would make sense he would leave. "

this was my theory too.

This...but also apparently Kidoh was "bribed" by his former company, Stardom. 

spoiler, since it's OT

Spoiler

Kidoh:

The last time i saw kidoh at a haengsa in dongdaemun he was acting really bizarre and he’s lost a shitload of weight.  he’s putting out some weird bad trap music and pretty much self-destructing.  kidoh used to be at big hit which is a nice place comparatively but was lured into stardom and topp dogg with the promise of a solo album written into his contract.  i think they spent about 100 dollars on his solo album overall and clearly his solo career is probably not something stardom has any plans to ever re-visit.  at least they actually did his solo album as they promised which probably actually cost the company money but then again what is making the company money…?

You can read more about how terrible Stardom is here (Also ignore what is said about Mino, this fan was probably upset about the recent events at the time (Mino dissing Topp Dogg on Show Me the Money4. Winner Mino also use to be under Stardom - he didn't have it easy either...) T/N: Stardom is also the company Topp Dogg and Evol are from. The one Block B left.

Kidoh left Stardom back in 2015 (October). Luck was not on Kidoh side. 

Edited by satoori

@satoori ohh yeah i remember reading this i even have it liked. I also remember reading that Topp Dogg was supose to debut on the first half of 2013 so maybe that was also take into account, idk why they delayed the debut tho.

out of topic: that white and grey convo is killing my eyes. 

14 minutes ago, Cypher• said:

@satoori ohh yeah i remember reading this i even have it liked. I also remember reading that Topp Dogg was supose to debut on the first half of 2013 so maybe that was also take into account, idk why they delayed the debut tho.

out of topic: that white and grey convo is killing my eyes. 

Really? I didn't know TD was suppose to debut that early...yea maybe he was ready to debut earlier too.
There's so much behind the scenes stuff we don't know. There were more trainees then the ones listed in this post. (e.g. Boy's Republic Sungwoon, KNK Seongjoon and Inseong)

The final line-up of BTS is a miracle. Their personalities are compatible and the group dynamics is perfect imo

OT: Lol I highlight it in order to read it better 

Edited by satoori

50 minutes ago, satoori said:

Really? I didn't know TD was suppose to debut that early...yea maybe he was ready to debut earlier too.
There's so much behind the scenes stuff we don't know. There were more trainees then the ones listed in this post. (e.g. Boy's Republic Sungwoon, KNK Seongjoon and Inseong)

The final line-up of BTS is a miracle. Their personalities are compatible and the group dynamics is perfect imo

OT: Lol I highlight it in order to read it better 

yeah, around topp dogg's hiatus a lot of fans since debut started threads like the one you shown againts the company i think maybe 3 of them talked about topp dogg's delayed debut and other shady things.

People say Sungwoon was part of the line up but i couldn't find any video/proof where he talks about it? i have seen a video where fan said he appear but tbh they also said it was Seongjoon and it looks more like him to me than Sugnwoon.   

i'm so happy the 7 of them make it to the final line up i can't imagine BTS without any of them. :why: especially Namjoon, he was there the longes, have to delayed his debut multiple times and see so many members leave. It must have been hard for him to remain positive. 

2 minutes ago, Cypher• said:

yeah, around topp dogg's hiatus a lot of fans since debut started threads like the one you shown againts the company i think maybe 3 of them talked about topp dogg's delayed debut and other shady things.

People say Sungwoon was part of the line up but i couldn't find any video/proof where he talks about it? i have seen a video where fan said he appear but tbh they also said it was Seongjoon and it looks more like him to me than Sugnwoon.   

i'm so happy the 7 of them make it to the final line up i can't imagine BTS without any of them. :why: especially Namjoon, he was there the longes, have to delayed his debut multiple times and see so many members leave. It must have been hard for him to remain positive. 

Boy's Republic Sungwoon - I think there was like a tweet or something that suggested he was a trainee. Maybe some time around when those photos of him and Jungkook at ISAC 2015...idk

It probably was really hard for Namjoon. Many of his friends (underground crew) left.  Yet he decided to stay.  When Bighit decided to change to a idol group, he had to watch even more trainees come and go. Some were probably kicked out, while others felt uncertain about BTS' debut since it was still unclear.  This shows that he's loyal and really had faith in BTS and Bighit.  Also Bighit really trusted Rapmon and considered him really talented.  The leader position rightfully belongs to him tbh. He's a great leader! #NamjoonForPresident

I genuinly don't meant to stir shit up or hurt your feelings, especially since you say that you really like Iron, but on many other social platforms armys have been very vocal about how Iron is a horrible person/problematic/yadda yadda yadda. Could you explain to me why? Or why not? I want to be educated 

On 29/10/2017 at 4:03 PM, satoori said:

Boy's Republic Sungwoon - I think there was like a tweet or something that suggested he was a trainee. Maybe some time around when those photos of him and Jungkook at ISAC 2015...idk

i finally got the confirmation i needed Boys Republic’s Suwoong Talks About Almost Debuting With BTS & Performing “Fire” On “The Unit” it made me so sad to read it imagine,take the photos BE IN THE FREAKING ALBUM  but end up not debuting, i think sometimes fans don't really think how much idols suffer to debut, and most rookies are young kids, honestly it should be mandatory to all companies to give them psychological support.

on a more shallow note...there's a photoshoot and album with at least 4/7 members we have never seen. 

3 hours ago, Cypher• said:

i finally got the confirmation i needed Boys Republic’s Suwoong Talks About Almost Debuting With BTS & Performing “Fire” On “The Unit” it made me so sad to read it imagine,take the photos BE IN THE FREAKING ALBUM  but end up not debuting, i think sometimes fans don't really think how much idols suffer to debut, and most rookies are young kids, honestly it should be mandatory to all companies to give them psychological support.

on a more shallow note...there's a photoshoot and album with at least 4/7 members we have never seen. 

I really feel for him, he was so close and I want to see them photos somehow.

4 minutes ago, movietvdrama said:

I really feel for him, he was so close and I want to see them photos somehow.

right? i want to know what was the concept, probably similar to the hip-hop one they end up debuting with, but different too cause they canceled the debut...i have so many questions.