Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in on the discussions! If you have any problems with registering, please email us at bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com!
huimangonthestreet

appreciation My journey to becoming a devoted ARMY

HI!

I started becoming an ARMY since March 2017 when I decided to watch Not Today MV which was quite recently released. I was the kind of person who didn't really get into music, especially kpop. So I watched the MV with a very open mind and found that the song was really good and had me pumped from the start. Then I started listening to their other songs and when it came to the HYYH era songs, I was hooked by the lyrics and the stories and the mv they produced through Run, INU, Young Forever and etc. At the same time, I researched all about their past as a group that came from a small company, and had nothing but their passion for music. That was when I decided to become an ARMY that would always support them no matter what. The fact that they convey important messages through their music to the world proved to me that not all artists care only about the money and the charts. There are so many other things that make BTS the BEST kpop boy group that I've ever known that I simply can't say in words. BTS, I love you for making me learn to become a better version of myself. 

방탄소년단 화이팅!!

Beautiful. 
It about brought tears to my eyes.

My first time listening to BTS was amazing.  I don't know what came over me to decided to lick their youtube page and listen to their first song. I instantly fell in love with them. Then I started watching them every day, and listening to their songs everyday. No matter what teases came from my friends. I was devoted to love them. But then I saw there another side too. Their loving, laughable side and I knew instantly I was hooked. I was an AMRY fan and forever will be.  

44 minutes ago, BTS.VJINJUNGKOOK said:

decided to lick their youtube page

How did it taste?

In all seriousness - if we are talking about how we became ARMYs, then I might as well tell mine as well.
One fine day in 2013, I was watching some videos on YouTube (I can not recall). This is when I happened to come across a video entitled BTS - No More Dream (Dance ver.) I had listened to Korean rap/hip-hop and rarely pop in the past, so I was honestly not surprised that it would show up on the sidebar of one of the videos I was watching. I decided to give it a click, as they were basically just-debuted at the time. The only K-Pop group I listened to at that time was Block B, but barely (I had heard just one or two of their songs) and I mostly listened to K-Hip Hop like Epik High, 1llionare, and had seen Show Me The Money 1 (wow it has been a while). After hearing No More Dream, I was impressed - so I kept a tab on their music but I wasn't really an ARMY, more like a fan, and listened to their songs often. When I really became an ARMY was when I saw Danger MV in 2014. After that, I started stanning them as well as Block B (earlier that year after hearing their song HER). I've experimented with other K-Pop but I usually just listen to K-Hip-Hop/RnB as well as BTS and Block B along with some groups that I was lead to by Bobby and G-Dragon's solo music; iKON and BIGBANG which I don't stan.

Originally, the only reason I stanned them was because of their good-sounding music, and eventually their sincere and not-rubbish lyrics; but after I've somewhat grown up with the members since I was 13 (I'm 18 now)... they've inspired me in so many ways, I've laughed and cried with them, it has been a huge experience and part of my life.

14 hours ago, Jay / 제이 said:

How did it taste?

In all seriousness - if we are talking about how we became ARMYs, then I might as well tell mine as well.
One fine day in 2013, I was watching some videos on YouTube (I can not recall). This is when I happened to come across a video entitled BTS - No More Dream (Dance ver.) I had listened to Korean rap/hip-hop and rarely pop in the past, so I was honestly not surprised that it would show up on the sidebar of one of the videos I was watching. I decided to give it a click, as they were basically just-debuted at the time. The only K-Pop group I listened to at that time was Block B, but barely (I had heard just one or two of their songs) and I mostly listened to K-Hip Hop like Epik High, 1llionare, and had seen Show Me The Money 1 (wow it has been a while). After hearing No More Dream, I was impressed - so I kept a tab on their music but I wasn't really an ARMY, more like a fan, and listened to their songs often. When I really became an ARMY was when I saw Danger MV in 2014. After that, I started stanning them as well as Block B (earlier that year after hearing their song HER). I've experimented with other K-Pop but I usually just listen to K-Hip-Hop/RnB as well as BTS and Block B along with some groups that I was lead to by Bobby and G-Dragon's solo music; iKON and BIGBANG which I don't stan.

Originally, the only reason I stanned them was because of their good-sounding music, and eventually their sincere and not-rubbish lyrics; but after I've somewhat grown up with the members since I was 13 (I'm 18 now)... they've inspired me in so many ways, I've laughed and cried with them, it has been a huge experience and part of my life.

Omg I didn't even realize I put that down. But Omg it tasted delicious. xD

I agree with everything you said. It was the same for me about laughing and crying. I felt so touched. It was like nothing bad could ever happen as long as I had BTS in my life. When I started to learn about them I fell instantly in love with all of the members but three caught my eye. Hint, my name. It was like the whole world took a turn on me, and it was beautiful