Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
BTS.Suga.Jin

discussion Mic Drop or Mic Drop Remix?

the original, the remix (mv) and the remix (audio ft. desiigner)?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. the original, the remix (mv) and the remix (audio ft. desiigner)?

• The original Mic Drop
    • The Mic Drop Remix (MV)
    • The Mic Drop Remix (audio ft. desiigner)

Okay, this is a tough question. I like both version but of course the original wins in the end for me. But contrary to the others, I actually like the Desiigner version compared to the one that doesn't have him. His verse was good too so there's that. But I think I really like Hobi's and Yoongi's verse so original for me.

I don't really have a preference but the amount of times I've played the remixx ft. Desiigner I've come to be really fond of his version and I'd jam to it any day.

I mean tbh I don't really like Desiigner's rap style. It fits the song but I honestly prefer to hear Hoseok first. :jmhide:im just going to hide from future hate

5 hours ago, Peachydreams said:

I mean tbh I don't really like Desiigner's rap style. It fits the song but I honestly prefer to hear Hoseok first.

it's a matter of preference haha, you're fine

I just feel like Desiigner's verse fills the space more in the remix, because Hoseok's verse sounds really? Empty? Like I'm biased of course bc I love Hoseok to death but I prefer how he opens in the original, if only for the instrumental? If that even makes sense oops

This question is going to be hard for me to answer. I have the original version on my phone, but I also like Steve's version of it too. 

All I can say is how does Mic drop ft Desiigner have a 7/8 on spotify

(original)

Edited by Fanboy

I like all 3 versions, though I think that the original stood out more? Like especially the beginning was really unique, while the remix version/remix ft desiigner didn't really stand out to me. But I think all 3 versions are all really good! :armyryan:

The remix wasn't all that for me when it was first released, but its grown on me so much since the Ellen and Kimmel performances. 
I like all 3 versions, but the album version is superior. The original Mic Drop blew me away when I first heard it, and it's still a bop four months later.

Slushii's version says hi.

Just kidding. I liked the remix MV version more. When the album came out, I loved Mic Drop right away and I thought it was perfect. But when the remix came along it's like it just... what's perfect already got even more perfect. It's that thing wherein I say "I didn't know I needed this".

I'm also very guilty of singing the english lyrics over the korean ones when I hear the original version nowadays.

4 hours ago, Yoongism said:

I'm also very guilty of singing the english lyrics over the korean ones when I hear the original version nowadays.

The Desiigner remix gets played a lot in our office. Blasting off a bluetooth speaker. Courtesy of @1800baepsaebling

I love the original more than anything tbh, it's pure BANGTAN, PERIOD.

As for the remixes I liked them a lot! actually I feel like Aoki's remix (meaning the beat and all that) really transformed the song, so kudos for that. But if I had to chose one between the MV ver. and the Desiigner ver, I'd go with the MV ver. 

I like Desiigner's songs actually but I wasn't really a fan of his verse in Mic drop. Unpopular opinion, but I found it kind of unnecessary? It was just another rapper that added his verse into the song like some do in remixes. I didn't feel like it offered anything to the song. (am I being too strict lol) On the other hand, Steve Aoki transformed the feel of the song with the beat and all that.