Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
AJay

fan project Storyteller | A Min Yoongi Birthday Project

Storyteller / Words Come to Life

A Storybook Project for Min Yoongi

The idea is to highlight Suga’s ability to paint strong visuals, imagery, and stories with lyrics. We wish to create a storybook and video tribute full of art inspired by Suga's vast body of lyrical work. Submissions are open to everyone through this page. We hope to include as many ARMYs as possible globally!

DWuKba9.png

If you are an artist interested in submitting follow these steps:

1 - Read our guidelines carefully

FANART SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

v

Spoiler

FANART SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

- You will be illustrating a scene based on Suga’s lyrics. This can be portrayed in any style(comic, storybook, digital, traditional) and may include people, Suga as a character in the scene, etc. This is up to you.
- A simple portrait of Suga will not qualify, but one that incorporates the lyrics chosen in some way will.
- Yoongi himself does not need to be in the piece.
- Likewise, your chosen lyrics do not have to be written into the piece either, if you want to incorporate it into your artwork, you may.
- You may choose your own verse or line, provided that the part is Suga's. Included in the lyric reservation form (also linked below in step 2) is an inspiration list of example lyrics, as well as a list of lines or verses that have already been reserved by multiple artists and will therefore be rejected should you input one of them in your three choices.

-Fanart that you have done in the past is accepted, provided there are lyrics that can match it.

-All submissions should be saved as high definition JPEG. Image proportion is up to you, provided it is larger than 1600 x 900 px and at 300dpi to ensure print quality.
-A4 29x21cm for traditional drawings.
-Landscape (horizontal) orientation only.
-Both traditional and digital drawings are welcome.
-Please feel free to watermark or sign your drawings where appropriate. All submissions will also be credited as per details you provide in the form.

- Submissions may be accompanied by a birthday message if you so wish. Each message may consist of up to 450 characters in total.
- Submissions should NOT contain offensive or inappropriate content. This description includes nude, vulgar, sexually explicit and/or violent images/messages.**
- If you change your mind and wish to withdraw your participation, please notify us ASAP.

- If you have further questions or concerns about submissions at any point in time, feel free to contact us via SNS (@btsbbase on IG, bangtan_base on twt, and bbaseprojects on tumblr) or at bbaseprojects@gmail.com with ‘MYBD18 - Q’ as a subject title. You may also PM Projects member @KookieMochi here on the forum.

⚠️  *Submissions which do not meet quality standards will be automatically excluded from inclusion in the final book.
⚠️  **Our staff reserve the right to exclude any submissions we might deem offensive or inappropriate.

2 - Think of 3 lyrics written/performed by Suga that you'd like to illustrate + Submit your lyric choices to us via this form.
Please read through the guidelines and everything written in the forms prior to submitting.

3 - Our staff will e-mail you right away and confirm your final lyric choice.
Please check your email for the final artwork submission form link and reply with a CONFIRM upon receiving it!

4 - Create an art piece (according to the guidelines) that depicts or interprets your final lyric. 

5 - Submit your final art to us by March 5th (if you feel you need more time let us know so we can see what we can arrange)

Deadline extensions up to the 7th of March (0:00 KST) can be provided, but please let us know if you need it!

:sjjang:

Edited by KookieMochi

Oh, I can tell already that this is going to be amazing! Rin, ty so much for coordinating all this on top of everything and to the contributors of this project, you rock!

I'm already deciding on which lyric I want~ is it possible to submit more than one artwork?

35 minutes ago, Chim Chim Star™ said:

I'm already deciding on which lyric I want~ is it possible to submit more than one artwork?

There's a guarantee of one for the book, of course. We'll only be accepting one artwork for now, due to 1) time constraints for the artist and 2) we want a chance to showcase everyone equally, with the exception of the feature video which will be dependant on the number of submissions. If this changes, I'll let you know- otherwise, just one will be enough. Exceptions to this is the event of needing a two-page spread for one reason or another. If so, shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do.

Also: Within the lyric reservation form there is a inspiration list linked by the choice section. In it includes a sheet for lyrics that are already unavailable. Do go through that prior to selecting your lyrics, we do our best to keep it as updated as possible.

15 minutes ago, KookieMochi said:

There's a guarantee of one for the book, of course. We'll only be accepting one artwork for now, due to 1) time constraints for the artist and 2) we want a chance to showcase everyone equally, with the exception of the feature video which will be dependant on the number of submissions. If this changes, I'll let you know- otherwise, just one will be enough. Exceptions to this is the event of needing a two-page spread for one reason or another. If so, shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do.

Also: Within the lyric reservation form there is a inspiration list linked by the choice section. In it includes a sheet for lyrics that are already unavailable. Do go through that prior to selecting your lyrics, we do our best to keep it as updated as possible.

Done with my form :why: I didn't see so far away in the inspirations or the reserved lyrics so I hope that doesn't mean it's taken :v1:

8 minutes ago, Chim Chim Star™ said:

Done with my form :why: I didn't see so far away in the inspirations or the reserved lyrics so I hope that doesn't mean it's taken :v1:

r24xt8e.png

Indeed.

Your first choice happens to be taken as you can see- but Butterfly's still up. You'll be receiving an email soon about it, so keep an eye out.

3 minutes ago, wangbi said:

So we can't use a lyric that someone else has already chosen?

We're trying to limit it to 3 artists per lyric just so we don't have an overwhelming imbalance in lyric choices...

The ones we have not placed in our list are ones that have already been claimed by 3 others. 

16 minutes ago, AJay said:

The ones we have not placed in our list are ones that have already been claimed by 3 others. 

@wangbi Anything that isn't in the UNAVAILABLE LINES sheet should still be up for grabs! Our Inspiration sheet is separate and full of lines for you to choose from if you can't find any others ^^

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just sent in a form with my letter but my friend just sent me some grammar corrections, should I resend it via e-mail or to someone from the projects team? Sorry! :why:

10 hours ago, Chim Chim Star™ said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just sent in a form with my letter but my friend just sent me some grammar corrections, should I resend it via e-mail or to someone from the projects team? Sorry! :why:

We do have translators on the team. you know :") It's all good and fixed- do check your email soon, haha.

I wanna be a part of this but i don't really get it can somebody explain please?

Edited by Honey H

anyways, i still hope this is a huge success!!!:why:

On 3/7/2018 at 12:33 PM, Honey H said:

I wanna be a part of this but i don't really get it can somebody explain please?

The project is already over, I'm really sorry :")