Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Whalien

game Guess the Video 2.0 - Game 6 (COMPLETED)

RA95Mma.gif

Version 2.0 - Game 6
(aka. a-toned-down-version-of-guess-the-video-game)

Previous Games

Current Status

COMPLETED

Notes

Please don't be afraid to participate!
We get a little crazy here sometimes and the scoring gets hectic - but "a few quiet rounds can put you in the lead real quick!" 

General Info and Rules

Spoiler

I'll post a pixelated image and you'll have to guess which video it came from.

They won't all be from MVs. Award shows, variety shows, Bangtan Bombs, etc. are all fair game.

I won't be putting fancams in, as the pool for that is too large. All videos I use are official, to an extent (meaning anyone kind find it if I name it... probably).
I won't be using any paid content.
One user can guess the video and a different user can come in and steal the screenshot points.
You can edit your answer, but only if nobody else posts their answer after yours. Otherwise, you'll have to post again.**
Embedding the Youtube video with a time stamp will not count. You either have to take a screenshot and upload it yourself or find a still online.
The person with the most points at the end of the week** wins that game.
The next round will start sometime after the correct answer has been given. I'll try and check in frequently, and at least have one round a day, but I'm sorry if I shirk the schedule sometimes ;~;

ASTERISKS INFO BELOW:

Spoiler

** It's alright if you decide to only post the title and edit the screenshot in later, but bear in mind that someone else might post the screenshot before and grab the points before you do.
** I haven't decided on a proper time yet, perhaps I'll lower it to 3 days, or up it to 2 weeks. We'll see how it goes?
** If the video has similar scenes (i.e. the trailer scenes in Agust D or the several cuts of Jin in front of the burning car in Fire) it will still count if it could be either one.

Example

Spoiler

I post the following:

j79HYTs.png&key=55a08004f65ac1d0e3aae53e

User 1:
I Need U - BTS 

5c5289e8f481c7d393db1f2f0d6515c4d99d3f6a

+1 point because while they correctly guessed the video, but it isn't the right screenshot.

User 2:

BTS%2BINeedU5.jpg&key=2d387b0ab058ea352b

+2 points for posting the correct screenshot
~
If User 1 had also posted the correct screenshot they would have earned 3 points.
~
NOTE: Many players have found it easiest to just make sure the title of the video and the time they took it at are visible in the screenshot so all their possible points are covered. A guess that covers all your bases might look like this:

E3xVicn.png

Point System

Spoiler

1 point for correctly guessing the video
2 points for replying with the right screenshot
( or one that is similar but at another time in the video)
Bonus:
1 point for being the first person to correctly post both
but it has to be within ~10 minutes of my post going up

Prizes

Spoiler

1st Place: 5000 ARMY Bombs + (Optional) Postcard **

2nd Place: 2000 ARMY Bombs + (Optional) Postcard **

3rd Place: 1000 ARMY Bombs

Active Participation: 100 ARMY Bombs 

** - This postcard is optional! This is only if you are comfortable with giving me your address. Don't feel obligated to give out any personal information.
I just thought it would be nice to send something small overseas to you guys!

Time Zone + Active Times 

Spoiler

My Time Zone is EST

I'm most active during Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
On the other days, I will be active after 7pm EST. 

Current Scoreboard

Spoiler

@Isabel_Inspired [85] - (R01 T+S) (R07 T+S) (R08 S) (R11 T+S) (R13 T+S) (R14 T+S) (R16 T+S+B) (R17 T+S) (R18 T+S) (R19 T+S+B) (R21 T+S+B) (R22 T+S) (R23 T+S) (R24 T+S) (R25 T+S) (R26 T+S) (R27 S) (R28 T+S) (R29 T+S) (R30 T+S) (R31 T+S) (R32 T+S) (R33 T+S) (R34 T+S) (R35 T+S) (R36 T+S) (R37 T+S) (R38 T+S)

@bunbun  [33] - (R02 T+S) (R03 T+S) (R04 T+S) (R05 T+S+B) (R06 T+S) (R08 T) (R09 T+S+B) (R10 T+S) (R12 T+S) (R15 T+S) (R22 T+S)

@I. Am. Jimin's [1] - (R27 T)

Secret Rounds

Spoiler

SMARTYOONGI.gif

And this is where the 'basic' part comes in. No secret rounds! 
For new friends joining in, GTV has a history of throwing random screenshots all around the forum and we had everyone hunt them all around, haha.
I won't be doing it this time around to save us all from the stress.
...right?

Message from the Host

Spoiler

Hiyo! If it's your first time meeting me, I go by Nene/Char (either one is fine)! 

SLAP.gif

I have a horrible habit of disappearing from this wonderful place from time to time.
I don't know if anyone would even participate in this, but I figured I'd start another GTV game for nostalgia's sake. 
I thought it would be nice to hopefully have this game lead up to the upcoming album release!
I feel a bit disconnected with the forum lately, so I'm hoping that maybe this can make me reconnect with some of you guys (':

SORUDEHOSEOKGEEZ.gif

Are you ready?

Edited by Whalien

ROUND 1

rxHtQjB.png

(I made these weeks ago and just looking at the thumbnail, even I have no idea where its from...)

i will try this time!... for the next screenshot after round 1 cause i have no idea what that is lol

Omg I have no idea what that screenshot is but this looks so fun! I'll try to check up on this thread to play :D

Didn't think I'd have participants at all - super happy to see you guys here! Until the comeback, let's kill time together! 

Hint: It's from a mixtape masterpiece. 

Btw, I have work in a bit so I wont be back until 6PM-ish. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180511-112926

J-Hope "Airplane"

This is my first time playing this game it seems really fun. . 

Spoiler

Funny story I actually saw this post last night & I went to bed with that pic in my head and I was trying to figure out where it was from. I ended up dreaming that I missed my shot and someone else got it first lol. I was happy to see when I woke up that wasn't true. At least I get to try:)

Edited by Isabel_Inspired

5 hours ago, Isabel_Inspired said:

J-Hope "Airplane"

Ding ding! You got it! Glad you decided to post your screenshot! You're doing well! 

ROUND 2

beBG744.png

What lovely arms. 

just stopping by to say hi!!!! good luck everyone~

Spoiler

hey did you know this is one of my favorite dance practices

2wptq2u.png

5 hours ago, iridescentwings said:

hey did you know this is one of my favorite dance practices

LOL I actually had no idea. 

ROUND 3

BlbAUKl.png

when i'm with you, i'm in utopia~

9 hours ago, iridescentwings said:

you really got me busting out my ruler to make sure everything is parallel...... smh close enough

LMFAO niceeee. but go study lea (': 

ROUND 4
Sorry! Just got home from work! 

hmZbLG5.png

practice makes perfect. when you're trying to kiss a statue/angel or whatever. 

By the way, feel free to ask for hints. In the previous games, I couldn't get a lot of them and bothered the hosts for hints too, hehe.

Edited by Whalien

27 minutes ago, Whalien said:

LMFAO niceeee. but go study lea (': 

no!! i've pushed myself enough this week so this is my reward hehe

Spoiler

dfw1ut.png

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, iridescentwings said:

no!! i've pushed myself enough this week so this is my reward hehe

Hide contents

dfw1ut.png

Spoiler

So I woke up today and @iridescentwings had already gotten two and I was like damn it. Now I saw this one and boom you just got it.

Kudos to you but I now see how this can get competitive lol ;):sipstea:

7 minutes ago, Isabel_Inspired said:

Kudos to you but I now see how this can get competitive lol ;):sipstea:

ty!! haha imagine when there are a handful of us trying to solve the round!! it's pretty quiet now which is nice because i'm not unnecessarily stressing over this game lol. but don't worry about me bc i'll be gone once monday rolls around :')

10 minutes ago, iridescentwings said:

ty!! haha imagine when there are a handful of us trying to solve the round!! it's pretty quiet now which is nice because i'm not unnecessarily stressing over this game lol. but don't worry about me bc i'll be gone once monday rolls around :') 

Yeah I can just imagine. You are really good at this game <3 I tend stress over everything lol. You're fine, I love a little friendly competition anyway jimin9:

I come back home with a cake in hand and didn't expect to see any responses. Bless your hearts. Hopefully I'm not interfering with whatever you two are doing (':

ROUND 5

tWA381X.png

char don't underestimate me please

Spoiler

gimme dat bonus thank
2f07fvo.png

Edited by iridescentwings

33 minutes ago, Isabel_Inspired said:

You are really good at this game <3

haha nooo i'm not!! i've just been lucky because char has been giving hints lol. but i admit this last round was easy!!

Edited by iridescentwings