Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Sign in to follow this  
minnimonie

article BTS's end of promotion for Korean's first-best record making LOVE YOURSELF 轉 'Tear'

9K8JdvA.png

[180611 DongaDotCom Reporter: Song Chi Hun]

Group BTS wrapped up the official promotions of the new album, earning the first and the best records for the Korean singers.

BTS finished the official promotion of the third full album LOVE YOURSELF 轉 'Tear' after SBS's Inkigayo on the 10th.

On the 18th last month, BTS released LOVE YOURSELF 轉 'Tear' earning the Top Social Artist for 2 years in a row on Billboard Music Awards in May 20th (US local time) as well as the world premier stage of their new album's title track, marking the beginning of their official activity for the new album.

Especially, entered the US "Billboard 200" on #1 and "Billboard Hot 100" on #10 on the first week of promotion.

The album sold 1,003,524 copies on the first week of release and reached 1,640,041 copies within 14 days (Hanteo Chart) and recorded as the highest monthly album sale in the history of Gaon Chart. In the overseas chart, the album entered UK's "Official Album Chart" as #8, #1 Top Album on iTunes chart in 65 countries including the US and UK, as well as Spotify's "Global Top 200" chart, proving their dignity as a global superstar.

The music video had broken the record of the shortest time to reach 10M views within only 4 hours and 55 minutes, 20M views in only 8 hours 54 minutes, and 100M in 9 days only.

As for the domestic comeback, they earned number 1 on music shows KBS2 "Music Bank", MBC "Show! Music Core", SBS "Inkigayo", Mnet "M!Countdown" and MBC Music "Show! Champion", a total of 12 wins.

BTS will meet the fans to celebrate their fifth year debut anniversary "2018 BTS PROM PARTY - RE;VIEW & PRE;VIEW" on the 13th of June at Blue Square Market Hall. Following the 'LOVE YOURSELF' global tour which will be held in 11 cities on the second half of the year starting from Seoul to North America and Europe.

[article source]

It makes me so happy seeing all of the awards they've won and records they've broken with TEAR. 

However sappy this may sound, K-Pop made me apart of something, and BTS played a huge role in that. I love being an ARMY, and seeing them reach this level of success in such a short time is so awesome it's almost overwhelming. 

All in all, I'm just so proud of BTS and ARMY. Fighting!

it's so nice to be part of their journey and watch them grow:TaTa:

honestly, at this point they can do anything. i'm super proud of them and all the awards they've achieved and constantly breaking records. they just keep going up and up and up! 

They achieved so many great things with such a sort period of promotions, I'm emo now thinking about how things were when I first got into the fandom TT

It passed so fast, but also not?? Like I was so used to the one week of promotion that I feel like this was more than one month lmaoo

every comeback they achieve something new. i'm proud :' ) 

thanks for translating too!