Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Sign in to follow this  
Miraculous

article UNICEF Thanks BTS and ARMY for Raising $1 Million Through "Love Myself" Campaign

image.jpg

UNICEF posted a special message to BTS and their fans on their fifth anniversary!

BTS teamed up with UNICEF last year to start a “Love Myself” campaign to support the organization’s efforts to end violence against children and young people. BTS and their fans ARMY are currently celebrating the group’s fifth anniversary on June 13 through an event entitled “2018 BTS Festa,” and  UNICEF shared a video using a hashtag for the event at midnight KST.

UNICEF executive director Henrietta H. Fore said in the video, “Thank you BTS and the BTS ARMY. You’ve raised over 1 million dollars for our work to end violence against children and young people. The ‘Love Myself’ campaign is proof that young people around the world can come together and make a difference. From your music to your messages to your donations, you’ve shown the power of kindness. We here at UNICEF purple you!”

UNICEF used the special meaning of the word “purple” that is shared between BTS and ARMY, which is defined by BTS’s V as “to trust and love.”

Source: Soompi

7 hours ago, Miraculous said:

UNICEF used the special meaning of the word “purple” that is shared between BTS and ARMY, which is defined by BTS’s V as “to trust and love.”

Cute~

I'm glad they were able to raise so much money, and the fact that they still have the next album related to the campaign means they will probably raise even more

ARMYs worked hard, I hope unicef can share more about the campaign so people feel even more inspired to participate

adding the UNICEF campaign to the Love Yourself universe was a great idea, i hope even when this campaign ends they fandom still helps with this and more charity programs. 

ohhh i'm so glad! thank you for sharing link!
i've mentioned this campaign in my short dissertation, and now, when i work on my thesis, it's time to share the results with university professors and etc :jungkook2: