Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Sign in to follow this  
jin

The Fandom Rant Thread [READ THE RULES]

CTgPrji.png

I have seen many ARMYs who just think that her bias is the one that is good!!! I know all the members are good but they just give hateful gaze towards other members!!!:unimpressedmoni:

yesterday i was talking to a ARMY. she asked me who is my bias? i said NAMJOON... she then just gave me a hateful gaze and walked away without saying anything!!! I got so angry. :rapmon8:Why do you even call yourselves ARMY when you dont love the boys equally!!!?????:jnope:

Weeks ago I'm still able to avoid toxic part of the fandom (even ON TWITTER) but it seems like I can't avoid it anymore...

Oh and I don't understand why there are ARMYs who said that BTS is different from kpop so they call it 'BTSPOP'. Honestly I don't understand...

I think the fandom wars between BTS and EXO are completely ridiculous. EXO and BTS are insanely different from each other- Their music and concepts are completely separate styles. It just so happens that BTS and EXO two of the most popular boy bands in Korea right now (in my opinion the two most popular tbh), meaning that their fandoms are insanely large and are prone to comparisons and competition between both fans and bands. I personally love both EXO and BTS, consider myself both an ARMY and EXO-L, and enjoy listening to their songs/fangirling over the members, so it truly breaks my heart when the two fandoms fight. asjsakdhasdhlkahdkl just stop.

Fanwars in general are stupid and pointless tbh. Fans need to learn to focus on the music and the band itself and instead block out negativity from antis. 

Oh, and I HATE when groups are compared. GROUPS ARE NEVER THE SAME. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. DO NOT SAY GROUPS ARE "COPIES" OF OTHER GROUPS, OR "YOUNGER/OLDER/-ER" VERSIONS OF OTHER GROUPS. IT'S NOT TRUE. DIFFERENT GROUPS HAVE DIFFERENT STYLES, STRENGTHS, AND WEAKNESSES. PEOPLE NEED TO RECOGNIZE THIS FACT. 

and with that, i'm out heh

@I. Am. Jimin's Exactly, Emma!  Like, somebody on Twitter said CNCO was the "cheap" version of One Direction, and it ground my gears so much, I HAD to put an angry tweet about how THEY'RE THEIR OWN GODDAMN BAND!

I have a few choice things to say  ul57UbG.gif 

1. I'm sorry but when did everything become about views? I get that's important to support the boys, but calling people fake for not streaming and what not is ridiculous, and of course ARMY has streaming goals and that's great, but there's also a point where you really just need to sit down and appreciate the music. 
  2. Continuing on with the streaming topic. I saw the whole exo and bts streaming party on twitter AND I WAS SO EXCITED BC I WAS LIKE WOW FINALLY EVERYONE IS SUPPORTING EACH OTHER. But I clicked on it and it was just filled with a lot of hate, which made me feel very sad. I wish fandoms would support and respect each other like the boys of both groups themselves do. A lot of them are friends too, don't forget. 
  3. Being multifandom does not mean you are a fake ARMY. It's just facts sry. o8UtJy0.gif For me personally, there are too many lovable groups out there for me to only stan one, and if you only stan one that's totally ok, but don't bring down others for supporting other groups as well. Who do I believe are not true ARMYS? Solo stans. 
  4. Shipping the members is ok when it's not crossing the line. I think when it's as a friendship it's ok. This isn't just BTS but kpop fandoms in general. Cause for a lot of groups they're like brothers/sisters so it would be weird for them to see such things ya know. aYXOTKE.gif And I get that sometimes it's in a joking way, but I feel like members can't even look at each other in an adoring way without people saying they're in love, or saying something related to shipping. And believe me I've seen some very suggestive things that I believe should not exist, and they make me uncomfortable, so I can't imagine how it would make the boys feel. I just wish people would know their boundaries. 
  5. Ok only 1 more I swear, I saw this video on Instagram of this rookie group trying to promote themselves on the streets and they were handing out flyers (ring a bell? d5G00ok.gif) Anyways they passed out a flyer to a person and she said something along the lines of "oh you're not BTS, I only like BTS ladadadada" and handed the flyer back, and the group looked so defeated which made me very sad. Anyways I just wish ARMYS new and old would remember the struggle BTS had to go through to achieve the level of popularity they are at, and that there are other groups working very hard just like BTS so let's try not to bring them down <3 

phew WpkX1q9.gifWpkX1q9.gifWpkX1q9.gif

I had this interaction on Twitter recently about voting for Harry Styles in the Fan Army Faceoff, and I HARMLESSLY MENTIONED that I love both Harry and BTS, but in the end I picked BTS...and this girl, yOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID TO ME? She said, "you don't stan Harry sis"  Like THE FUCK?!?  I literally just said I LOVE THEM BOTH!  I mean, is she literate???  Why can't we love multiple artists and NOT GET BITCHED AT???

I just got the tail end of BTS' AGT performance..  THE FUCKING TAIL END!  Thanks to my stupid dad who SWORE they were doing results first!!!  Figures...whenever I watch a show with a performance by one of my faves, they save it for last, but when I'm not watching THEY PUT IT ON FIRST DAMN THING!!!  Ain't my fault I live on the second damn floor of my apt and the TV room is on the first!!!

I was just on an Amino chat where I mentioned that I was 32, and they dEADASS CALLED ME GRANDMA!  I wasn't there long enough to know if they were joking or not, but that shit's hurtful!