Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Sign in to follow this  
SeokSeok

enter-talk BTS > SM+JYP FOR ALBUMS SALES...ㄷㄷ

download.jsp?FileID=47527877

This is the Gaon album sales for 2018 ㄷㄷ

post response:

[+327][-37]

original post: here

-Bighit and Swing are basically BTS and Wanna One, they've set a new record just for being in the top 5 by themselves  ㄷㄷ

-Wanna One is also at 1.53M copies with only themselves, they would be considered the top2 if we only looked at individual teams 

-Hul...Even if you add top 2 and top3 together, BTS still tops them ~ They also have their private jet when they go on the world tour now ㅋ Seriously amazing ~

-It's only because EXO hasn't come back yet

-I'm shocked that adding SM + JYP's team, it makes 24 teams, yet they still can't outsell BTS

-I'm an Army and I can agree with the fact that it looks like this because EXO hasn't made a comeback, I'm already uneasy seeing that comment being downvoted here ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Can you delete the post?

cr

this is my first time seen WannaOne's company name lol 

and i'm always amazed by BTS sales :jhheart:

The big 3 are probably wondering why they are losing this game by such a large margin despite playing it longer haha. I just hope that it encourages them to produce better music and treating their artists better. I also hope the critics also learn not to label the groups by their agencies. Hoping for a better and healthier K-pop culture in Korea because of this.

Tbh I don't really favor comparison between companies. Hmm, it's just really off. I mean, I'm happy for Bighit but for them to be compared with companies that have like 10+ artists in it is like putting someone down for nothing. Bcs EXO has to have their comeback yet, they're pulling out the 'company' card. I mean, this comparison is good for data and stuff but I wish everyone will stop picking on any of the artists. Still, celebration goes to Bighit and our 7 boys and Wanna One is undoubtedly very powerful :") I'm excited to see what EXO will do with those dem bikes coz damn that concept is such a cool one! :"D

40 minutes ago, Vii said:

The big 3 are probably wondering why they are losing this game by such a large margin despite playing it longer haha. I just hope that it encourages them to produce better music and treating their artists better. I also hope the critics also learn not to label the groups by their agencies. Hoping for a better and healthier K-pop culture in Korea because of this.

Agree! :TaTa:

9 hours ago, Vii said:

I just hope that it encourages them to produce better music and treating their artists better.

Sadly if they didn't treat their artist right when they were at the top, i don't think they'll treat them better now that they feel threatened.

3 minutes ago, Cypher• said:

Sadly if they didn't treat their artist right when they were at the top, i don't think they'll treat them better now that they feel threatened.

That's truly sad. I guess I hope the smaller companies won't follow in their footsteps and keep on giving their best like BigHit did.

8 minutes ago, SeokSeok said:

Unpopular opinion tho: Imo BigHit sometimes overworked BTS, but it's probably because the boys just love their jobs so much.

agreed! 

26 minutes ago, SeokSeok said:

Unpopular opinion tho: Imo BigHit sometimes overworked BTS, but it's probably because the boys just love their jobs so much.

I guess all companies have that tendency, especially when your artists are super popular like them. The boys always assure us that they work this hard for the fans, so I hope that they also enjoy what they do despite the tough schedule.

9 minutes ago, Vii said:

I guess all companies have that tendency, especially when your artists are super popular like them. The boys always assure us that they work this hard for the fans, so I hope that they also enjoy what they do despite the tough schedule.

yeah, more popularity = more responsibility.

i feel like i have said this before on the forum, but the only way i see BH giving them a longer break is if they debut another group cause they'll have to focus on them for at least their rookie year to make sure they grow a fanbase. 

Right now BTS is their only source of income so they can't have longer periods of time without activities. 

46 minutes ago, Cypher• said:

i feel like i have said this before on the forum, but the only way i see BH giving them a longer break is if they debut another group cause they'll have to focus on them for at least their rookie year to make sure they grow a fanbase. 

Right now BTS is their only source of income so they can't have longer periods of time without activities. 

That's true, but then we will probably complain about BigHit ignoring BTS or the rookie group haha. I think that the situation is going to be hard whichever way we go because of the demand of K-pop industry. The ideal answer is probably one company for one group/artist, but that's also not an easy feat to achieve.

9 minutes ago, Vii said:

That's true, but then we will probably complain about BigHit ignoring BTS or the rookie group haha.

oh yeah definitely,  every year we have rumors about BH debuting a new group and fans always complain that is "too soon" or whatever,so i can only image how it's going to be when is more than just a rumor. 

11 minutes ago, Vii said:

The ideal answer is probably one company for one group/artist, but that's also not an easy feat to achieve.

The thing is most companies with only one group are not really reliable. Even in BigHit case with the huge success of BTS they still have to prove they can be a successful company on the long run, and not just while BTS is doing well. As you said the k-pop industry is very demanding, and  for example, the big3 they're huge corporations because they have proven they can release various groups and they all( or most of them) do well. 

9 hours ago, Cypher• said:

oh yeah definitely,  every year we have rumors about BH debuting a new group and fans always complain that is "too soon" or whatever,so i can only image how it's going to be when is more than just a rumor. 

The thing is most companies with only one group are not really reliable. Even in BigHit case with the huge success of BTS they still have to prove they can be a successful company on the long run, and not just while BTS is doing well. As you said the k-pop industry is very demanding, and  for example, the big3 they're huge corporations because they have proven they can release various groups and they all( or most of them) do well. 

With the upcoming audition, we'll definitely get there someday.

You have a point. My simple mind thinks that the company would be as respectful as others if it only has one artist to promote at one time and get a new one once they stop supporting the group. They could also stay in the long run that way. Just a different approach to what their big brothers have been doing. But I do know that it's too good to be true; entertainment and these companies are still about profit at the end of the day. BH is probably still figuring out how to do this correctly as BTS is their first mega-hit.

@Vii yeah it would be great if k-pop companies relax a little, but what end up happening is every year groups have to do more promotions, or else they'll get burried in the sea of groups that debut/promote in one year. 

Spoiler

by the way i forgot to mention this  in the favorite era? discussion thread but since i already tag you here i'll just say it, since you like to know the context of the songs while you listen to them and we were talking about the hate they got during the HYYH era  2!3! form their wings album,is actually a fan song that talks about it idk if you have hear it before. and is also one of my favorite songs form them, i cry everytime i listen it.