Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Cypher•

BigHitEnt statement about Jimin T-Shirt and recent concerns

Soompi also released an article about this > https://www.soompi.com/article/1262467wpp/big-hit-entertainment-issues-official-statement-recent-controversies

I don't know how the other agencies usually handle this kind of controversy, but I think the letter is well written. To me, it seems like some people are digging to BTS's past because of their current popularity and recent issues between the countries. The matter blows up because some people deliberately make it happen. To get what benefit, I don't know. (I sincerely hope they don't get it.)

I believe the boys and BH never had any intention to hurt anyone; it's just not who they are. But things already happen, so I hope this becomes a good lesson for everyone, especially the agency and staff, to be more careful of everything. BTS's insane popularity makes them an easy target, but that also shows just how powerful the boys are.

/plays RM's everythingoes

I find this controversy to be nonsense, atomic bomb images have been overused on fashion and mv by lots of bands. So tired of this, I wish I could get that tee and make a pic for all my social media avatars... Nobody would say anything, but then for bts haters gonna hate. 

what a classy apologize letter. some influencers need to take a look and learn from them.

and I hope this will put a rock under this issue for good! social media's being too fuzzy about it in the last couple of days and it's getting really annoying, especially with antis

Personally i don't know what part of this statement took them so long. 

Maybe it would have been fine if BTS didn't have schedule, but the fact that they had to fly to Japan before BigHit even released this makes no sense to me.  

9 hours ago, Cypher• said:

Maybe it would have been fine if BTS didn't have schedule, but the fact that they had to fly to Japan before BigHit even released this makes no sense to me.  

Judging from how carefully the statements were worded, I'm guessing that they consulted with a PR and legal team before releasing it. I don't think that would be the only reason for such a delayed response (the complex geopolitics may have made them feel hesitant as well) but it would have contributed to it.

Personally I would have preferred that they released a statement earlier, before those media outlets decided to write those articles for clicks but then again rushed statements can often backfire and make things worse (lol like what happened with Cube ent). 

9 hours ago, Cypher• said:

6 minutes ago, poca said:

Judging from how carefully the statements were worded, I'm guessing that they consulted with a PR and legal team before releasing it. I don't think that would be the only reason for such a delayed response (the complex geopolitics may have made them feel hesitant as well) but it would have contributed to it.

Personally I would have preferred that they released a statement earlier, before those media outlets decided to write those articles for clicks but then again rushed statements can often backfire and make things worse (lol like what happened with Cube ent). 

I'm not sure either, but what poca said makes sense. I think they are also aware that this isn't just about them and the music; something bigger is playing behind, so they are being extra careful. I also think a quick statement isn't very helpful; best they can do is saying that they will investigate, and that won't stop media outlets recycling the issue around thanks to their popularity.

Bluntly speaking, I'm not even sure this statement will silence the antis/haters/those who are looking to benefit from this situation.

4 hours ago, Vii said:

Bluntly speaking, I'm not even sure this statement will silence the antis/haters/those who are looking to benefit from this situation.

It won't. That's not something that can really be avoided and frankly would still be the case if it had been something more minor. The amount of really vocal antis grows as Bangtan's popularity grows, they have people looking for reasons to hate regardless of what happens. Some will fixate on this and continue spreading hatred while everyone else moves on.  Some will move onto finding new things to hate, just as fans will eventually move onto focusing on more happy and exciting news (like all the award shows and performances that'll be happening towards the end of the year!).

Side note: while this incident was far more complex and had more media coverage than other issues in the past, I'm glad that the fandom is so much stronger than it used to be. I actually found it harder back then because the fandom wasn't big or organised enough for any counter-arguments and defences to gain much traction (or maybe I'm just desensitised to these things by now...)

1 hour ago, poca said:

It won't. That's not something that can really be avoided and frankly would still be the case if it had been something more minor. The amount of really vocal antis grows as Bangtan's popularity grows, they have people looking for reasons to hate regardless of what happens. Some will fixate on this and continue spreading hatred while everyone else moves on.  Some will move onto finding new things to hate, just as fans will eventually move onto focusing on more happy and exciting news (like all the award shows and performances that'll be happening towards the end of the year!).

Side note: while this incident was far more complex and had more media coverage than other issues in the past, I'm glad that the fandom is so much stronger than it used to be. I actually found it harder back then because the fandom wasn't big or organised enough for any counter-arguments and defences to gain much traction (or maybe I'm just desensitised to these things by now...)

True. It never fails to impress how people are actively trying to have and spread hatred or negativity. Why make it so hard for everyone *shrugs*

@Cypher• mentioned something similar in another convo. I'm not on Twitter or any social media where I'm attacked for stanning BTS in particular, so I don't feel the need to defend them or myself so hard. (Half also because of your first paragraph; haters will continue hating even if I talk until my voice gets hoarse.) But I'm still thankful for the fans who take on such stance. It must not be easy.

7 hours ago, poca said:

i'm sure they have their reasons but  wait 3-4 days for a statement is too much, especially cause they not only had to deal with Japan and Korea media but international too,as you said a lot of clickbate titles were made and the fact that we didn't even had BH side of the story didn't help. Most of the people who wrote about this issue aren't even going to follow up the story with BH statement, so people that only read  their article are going to keep that imagen of the boys.

2 hours ago, Vii said:

@Cypher• mentioned something similar in another convo. I'm not on Twitter or any social media where I'm attacked for stanning BTS in particular, so I don't feel the need to defend them or myself so hard. (Half also because of your first paragraph; haters will continue hating even if I talk until my voice gets hoarse.) But I'm still thankful for the fans who take on such stance. It must not be easy.

honestly is better that way, avoid as much as you can toxic social media cause there's nothing but drama there. During this whole thing i kept thinking that J-ARMY probably had it the worst among all fans, i hope they're having fun in the concerts at least ,cause there past days must have been hell for them. 

17 minutes ago, Cypher• said:

i'm sure they have their reasons but  wait 3-4 days for a statement is too much, especially cause they not only had to deal with Japan and Korea media but international too,as you said a lot of clickbate titles were made and the fact that we didn't even had BH side of the story didn't help. Most of the people who wrote about this issue aren't even going to follow up the story with BH statement, so people that only read  their article are going to keep that imagen of the boys.

honestly is better that way, avoid as much as you can toxic social media cause there's nothing but drama there. During this whole thing i kept thinking that J-ARMY probably had it the worst among all fans, i hope they're having fun in the concerts at least ,cause there past days must have been hell for them. 

Out of curiosity I googled "bts" and saw some big Western news outlet mentioning BH's statement (like The Guardian and Billboard). Not all will probably update it, though, so good point. I can only hope that those people will try to use their logic before jumping to conclusions.

I wonder if J-ARMYs are getting attacked because of this issue. It's certainly scary, but they still go the concerts anyway, and the boys still perform anyway. I really hope everyone is having fun and safe from harm. There are still many dates in Japan to come, I hope the situation will cool down soon.

@Vii oh yes, i was mostly talking about the outlets with clickbait titles, they won't bother with BH side of the story cause that's not as attractive as saying BTS were caught using nazi simbols. 

for what i have seen they're getting attacked the most, but they worked hard trying to explain things. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1264213wpp/big-hit-personally-apologizes-atomic-bomb-victims-association-korea

The other articles posted by Soompi make me think that this is really about the powers pulling the strings behind the scene, but I respect BH for taking things seriously.