Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Mongmungi

nate Big Hit plans to debut BTS dongsaeng group early next year

Big Hit plans to debut BTS dongsaeng group early next year
Original Translations by NETIZENBUZZ

0000584408_001_20181127091122380.jpg 
screenshot-entertain.naver.com-2018.11.2 

Article: [Exclusive] BTS to finally have a 'dongsaeng group'... Big Hit confirms 5 member male group debut early next year

Source: Sports Kyunghyang via Nate

1. [+554, -27] Why do I feel weird about this? The idea of Big Hit = BTS is so strong... and I've always hoped for Big Hit's maknae to forever be Jungkuk... ah... ㅋㅋ I just hope this new group doesn't have overlapping content with our group~

2. [+430, -6] It makes me happy to think that they'll have family at events like award ceremonies to share their joy. I always felt sad to see them without family at year-end shows and ceremonies.. ㅠ

3. [+284, -3] Hoping they can be a win win group for all. They must be under a lot of pressure, find strength.

4. [+158, -2] Congratulations~~~ don't feel too pressured and just stay true to your roots like BTS and you'll be met with positive results!

5. [+141, -8] Please work hard like BTS hyungs~~

6. [+52, -1] Congratulations. I'm glad they want to work hard like their seniors. However, please don't use weird marketing tactics like media playing about RM writing songs for them, Suga writing songs, or creating 1+1 international tour packages. BTS worked so hard to bring in this income and I want it used on them well.

7. [+40, -0] I don't care about anything, please just make sure they have great character and are talented... I know it's a lot of pressure but find strength.

8. [+40, -1] Debuting is fine but just make sure BTS comebacks aren't delayed because of them

9. [+39, -0] They need a junior group so that they can rest more and still keep the company running. It's less pressure on BTS. They also need a team to cover for them later while they're serving in the army.

10. [+30, -3] I feel sad for some reason ㅠ even though it's totally normal for a company to put out new groups ㅠㅠ

-
Source: Nate

1. [+510, -29] I just hope they don't get all c*cky and act like they're at BTS level..

2. [+434, -28] They just have to make sure to stay out of scandals and not taint BTS's name

3. [+329, -9] BTS is BTS and the new group is a separate new group. As a BTS fan, I will watch over them and I hope they're kids with great character and a love for music like BTS.

4. [+22, -8] I don't think there will ever be another group like BTS

5. [+12, -2] I hope it'll be all Korean members

6. [+12, -1] Imagine the pressure they must be under... to be under seniors like BTS

7. [+12, -7] I wish them the best.. but there's going to be a lot of backlash if they don't work out 

8. [+4, -3] Name them Waterproof Boys

---

What are your thoughts on this?

I relate to many of those comments by the netizens. BH = BTS ever since I got into this fandom, so it will probably take some time to get used to this. I'm sure there are many concerns, and the new group is probably aware of this huge pressure, but I wish the best for them, BTS, and BH. I hope they can produce the music they want and be recognized for that, just like BTS.

I wonder what their music genre will be.

Not feeling good about this. This makes me slightly sad, like BH know there's an expiration date for BTS when older members get a bit older or in case they have to go to the military service, hope I am wrong. For me BTS are more than cool choreographies and young beautiful faces I wouldn't mind them being 40 and still making music together, like Take that or many older boybands who are still doing their thing because fans want them to.

2 minutes ago, JoyD said:

Not feeling good about this. This makes me slightly sad, like BH know there's an expiration date for BTS when older members get a bit older or in case they have to go to the military service, hope I am wrong. For me BTS are more than cool choreographies and young beautiful faces I wouldn't mind them being 40 and still making music together, like Take that or many older boybands who are still doing their thing because fans want them to.

But that's actually the truth: there is an end to everything. We don't know if the boys will still make music when they are 40 as much as we hope so. One day they may not be able to dance with such killer choreo on the stage. One day their voices may not be as good as they are now. We don't know what will happen when they go to military service, or what will happen once their new contract with BH ends.

There is definitely that kind of sad feeling about this. It's as if we're entering a new generation, a new era. It's a bittersweet experience.

God, I feel like this is why I'm listening to HYYH era a lot lately. *feeling emo*

@Vii yes, I know there will be an end mainly because it's a k-pop band, but they are so global now that hopefully we will have them for at least 10 years more. Makes me sad some days thinking about BH making Jin leave the band and then Suga and then RM because of their age, that would be the END for me.

2 hours ago, Mongmungi said:

8. [+4, -3] Name them Waterproof Boys

QYiVPDa.gif

the only comment that matters.

jk, but i have hear this rumor since i joined the fandom so i guess i was already prepared plus a company with only one group in the long run is odd. 

Anyways i hope them the best, god knows they'll be getting hate from all directions. 

11 minutes ago, JoyD said:

@Vii yes, I know there will be an end mainly because it's a k-pop band, but they are so global now that hopefully we will have them for at least 10 years more. Makes me sad some days thinking about BH making Jin leave the band and then Suga and then RM because of their age, that would be the END for me.

lol BH won't make them leave the group because of old age, they're not that petty. And i'm sure the boys themselves already have some stocks and high positions within the company, they're good. From what I see RM and suga will continue producing for BH and the others will venture into solo career as well. Look at shinhwa, they're still together now but each member is actively pursuing their solo career.

@jjangyi that's good to hear, as you probably know BTS is my first and only kpop band I ever liked and I don't know much about how things work in general with idols, but most of the stuff you read about is scary so good to know BH is different.

20 minutes ago, JoyD said:

I'd be very disappointed if BH really does that. We've seen how supportive BH has been for BTS, and I see that the boys trust their agency from the news articles I've read. It's probably better not to worry about such things, especially since they are still in exclusive contract for 7-8 years.

@Cypher• Laughing hard at the waterproof boys as well. Wish I could say "hateproof boys" lol :P

@Vii True about the contract, and yes we shouldn't worry about that kind stuff I mean let's wait to worry in 7 years x

4 minutes ago, Vii said:

@Cypher• Laughing hard at the waterproof boys as well. Wish I could say "hateproof boys" lol :P

yes!

6 minutes ago, JoyD said:

@Vii True about the contract, and yes we shouldn't worry about that kind stuff I mean let's wait to worry in 7 years x

We can pray for good things to happen as we support the boys until forever :) *sings 2!3!* :armyryan:

It's about time BigHit has another group. This is great. I just think it's awful if armys are giving so much hate towards this. It doesn't always have to be about them and BTS all the time.

one thing that I find super weird... people are already sharing pictures of them? we should wait for BH's official statement tbh

I don't know, I just keep imagining the pressure, they're probably going to have a high expectation, a lot of concerns about "keeping the same level" as BTS...

edit: you know what? nevermind. I'm seeing some info and they look super cute hahaha

Edited by MC_

all the photos been shared are just rumors no one knows yet who are the rookies, and i remember before there were pictures shared about supposed "trainees" but it turn out they were just back up dancers. So i wouldn't believe much on those photos anyways. 

I feel indifferent to it. I will wait for their concept and song and keep a close eye on them. Also there is no need to worry, BTS signed an extra 7yrs and already have a team of 100 dedicated to them :D 

26 minutes ago, Stepkdramafan226 said:

BTS signed an extra 7yrs and already have a team of 100 dedicated to them :D 

now that you mentioned i wonder if they renew their contract a year early because they knew the moment this news were out people were going to freak out about disbandment. 

7 hours ago, Cypher• said:

now that you mentioned i wonder if they renew their contract a year early because they knew the moment this news were out people were going to freak out about disbandment. 

It's funny if people dare to think that way with BTS' current situation. As exhausted as they look like, it seems like they are still not tired of working on new music, so disbandment simply doesn't make sense.