Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Sign in to follow this  
Maphisto40

merch BTS Partners With Mattel To Create Dolls And Release Collaboration Collection

BTS Partners With Mattel To Create Dolls And Release Collaboration Collection
Jan 6, 2019 by J. Lim

df8bb05ad29b485babb8b251dcae41ab.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

BTS will be teaming up with Mattel for a special collaboration!

During the Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair, it was announced that U.S. toy manufacturing company Mattel will be releasing fashion dolls made in BTS’s image. They also shared the news on their official Twitter account.

Mattel stated, “We have signed a multi-category license contract with BTS’s agency Big Hit Entertainment, and we plan to create a variety of items such as dolls, collectible figurines, toys, games, and roleplaying items. The collaboration collection is set to be released this summer, and it will be the first collection to include dolls created around the likeness of BTS’s members. The outfits of the dolls will be based on those that BTS wore in their ‘Idol’ music video.”

Sejal Shah Miller, vice president and global brand general manager of Mattel, stated, “BTS is a cultural phenomenon who transcends age, culture, and language, and through this partnership, we hope to create a new way for people around to world to connect with BTS. The cornerstone of our strategy is to partner with established franchises that have global appeal, and we believe that Mattel’s creative expertise will create a product that properly celebrates BTS.”

Mattel will be sharing more details about their partnership with BTS on their official Twitter account.

Are you excited for what BTS and Mattel has planned?

source

giphy.gif

i'm not sure about this collab, i mean we haven't seen anything so maybe it's going to be amazing but for the moment i'm giving it the side-eye.

Mattel is the same company that did the 1D dolls a while back. I never bought the 1D dolls nor do I see myself buying these, but this is interesting.

Oh, I thought we would only have dolls. Not that I'm interested in figurines or toys, but it's a bigger scope than what I thought. I'm skeptical as well, but we'll see how it goes.

I don't really have high expectations for these dolls tbh but would love to see some BTS funko dolls at some point (since I like to buy those xD)

Honestly I'm more interested in the games. Possibly the figurines, depending on what they look like.

Wow not sure about this but definitely buying myself a yoongi... and maybe a tae to play like err... some +18 stuff between them

the 1D ones they did were absolutely awful skjsksjskjs i'm not very hopeful for these.... i'm not really into dolls they're kinda creepy so i think i'll skip them! interested to see the games though, those could be interesting!

4 hours ago, Clefairy said:

the 1D ones they did were absolutely awful skjsksjskjs i'm not very hopeful for these....

Those were by Hasbro though, so I guess we'll soon see if they're any good. :uhno:

4 minutes ago, Maphisto40 said:

Those were by Hasbro though, so I guess we'll soon see if they're any good. :uhno:

ah was it? i remember reading news about hasbro & mattel having talks about merging since the toys 'r' us bankruptcy but i don't think anything came out of that. mattel are the owners of barbie, aren't they? so they may turn out really well! (sorry if i'm wrong) either way, they'll probably sell quite a lot of them and i think they'll be really popular! :jmdolla:

I'm glad it's just the clothes that they are going to use from the Idol videos and not the computer generated faces ahahahaha. It's cool that there will be dolls that are Asian male presenting coming out of this. I haven't checked out the doll offerings of the toy section in many years, so I don't know how common that is. 

Mattle shares already jumped from just the announcement. BTS brand power yo. 

I'm so curious about this collaboration! *o*

Hopefully the dolls will look like the members.... (like they should look ^^).

@Clefairy YES THEY WERE!  Especially Niall!  Actually, the only celeb doll I've ever bought was Christina Aguilera.  At least her doll version wasn't creepy. lol

8 minutes ago, JinEuphoric86 said:

@Clefairy YES THEY WERE!  Especially Niall!  Actually, the only celeb doll I've ever bought was Christina Aguilera.  At least her doll version wasn't creepy. lol

dolls just creep me out in general ahhhh i never really liked barbie dolls when i was a kid either tbh i feel like i remember seeing the christina aguilera ones!