Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
sungel

Bighit x LICO Webtoon - "SAVE ME" Updates

Link: https://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/bts-save-me/list?title_no=1514

"Seven boys. Best friends. Their fates intertwined through the good times together, but also the tough times, as they have gone their separate ways and suffered greatly as a result. When all is almost lost for these boys, one is given a special chance to go back in time and help his friends fix the mistakes that led them down this path. He’ll do anything to save them, but can he? Or is he too late?"

Looks like Bighit & LICO collaborated and made a BTS Webtoon. It updates every Thursday.

Here's the first few thus far (and feel free to add in the comments when the next ones are up). 

And the Korean version for those who feel compelled to try reading it there: https://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=722382 

Note: Apparently if you purchase the Fast Pass, you can see upcoming chapters before it's released. If you did read ahead, please refrain from giving spoilers or keep it under the spoilers bar.

Also "#SAVE_ME" trended on twitter cause of this. FFFFFFFF

Edited by sungel

i like this person

https://twitter.com/EomukandOdeng/status/1085726341289234433

the dumb thing wont embed, so here's the text

"bighit: so armys are still not getting the story and the message we're trying to say what can we do next
bts: we've done music videos, short drama, photography, text, honestly what more can we do
bighit: [snaps fingers] let's make a webcomic!"

Also, who else has read "Brotherhood" and "Testament of Youth" by Sugamins on ao3 and feel like this is basically the official version of it, just with the wrong official pairing, cause let be real  Bighit ships the heck out of Sugakookie.

Edited by sungel

53d1b7e21d636c1233acb70ebc2c0dd7.png

i know the HYYH plot was sad but actually seen it? it destroyed me.

Spoiler

Also, of course OF COURSE YOONKOOK IS DEAD 

....I haven't even gotten to chapter 2 yet because

Spoiler

as soon as I read Yoongi and Kookie were dead

I could not stop crying

OMG so excited until I *silly me* opened your spoilers and now I don't feel in the mood for it anymore...

25 minutes ago, JoyD said:

OMG so excited until I *silly me* opened your spoilers and now I don't feel in the mood for it anymore...

to be fair, we technically already know everything that happens cause of the MVs and VCRs (and HYYH/LY/Smeraldo notes... and teaser videos... and more) if you've already watched those

-

1 hour ago, StardustStorm said:

....I haven't even gotten to chapter 2 yet because

Hide contents

as soon as I read Yoongi and Kookie were dead

I could not stop crying

Spoiler

i feel particularly bad for jungkook so far... it seems jin is gonna keep witnessing jungkook die in various ways over and over again. :(

and if thats just the start, i worry about how fucked up taehyung's storyline will be o.0

Edited by sungel

Aaaah that's great, finally we get to understand a bit more the mess that the BU is.

Spoiler

So that shot of JK in Euphoria where he's at the top of a building... is when he jumps? Also, does Yoongi die in that fire? (Gosh this feels so weird to write, DAMNIT BIG HIT) I wonder if and how Jin will be able to save them all. It will be a very interesting story, but heartbreaking.

i'm reading and writing here so let's go

Spoiler

1) it's SO WEIRD to read "jungkook jeon" "hoseok jung" "namjoon kim" uhsaeuihuiehusayeuiyhjhdjashdjsda oh gosh

2) biTCH WTF JUNGKOOK IS DEAD. WHAT????? WHAT

3) SO IS YOONGI???? WHAT IS GOING ON WHAT IS LIFE

4) THEY KILLED MY TWO FAVES, BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) OH MY GOD IT WAS JIN HE WAS THE ONE THAT HIT JK I AM *SHOOKETH*

6) dude this reminds me that groundhog day movie, I love it

okay now my considerations in this whole BU thing, this is all trippy and my mind is confused so please bear with me

Spoiler

- it's pretty clear seokjin is doing this because he snitched their secret place to the school's director, at least that's what I feel. first because of the whole guilty trip he has and second, maybe he thinks if he didn't snitch them, they would still be friends and helping each other to get over their difficulties? I don't know.

- i'm also tend to believe he only started to travel throught time after getting the girl's book, with the smeraldo flower. that's why it's such an important detail in this story

- to me there's a bunch of storylines, each one of them he's trying to save everyone and shit (I mean, duuh). not only 3 or 4, literally a BUNCH (short film AWAKE).

- so, in the first webtoon: if he doesn't talk with namjoon, namjoon gets locked up, doesn't answer his call (short film REFLECTION - namjoon is probably waiting to get into prison in this MV). so if namjoon wasn't in prison he would've answered taehyung's call, he somehow helps taehyung to escape (probably asking tae to lie for the officers) resulting in tae's sister getting the blame for the murder (short film STIGMA). tae feels guilty about it, leading him to trying to drown himself jumping from that platform.

- the second webtoon: yoongi and jk are the ones related to each other in the BU so if yoongi is dead (probably in the fire caused by himself - yep he killed himself, that's why he carries the lighter wherever he goes, it's a symbol not only of his mom's death, but also his own in one of the timelines), he never calls jk minutes before he decides to jump the building (giving us EUPHORIA). now listen to me, if yoongi is dead and jk kills himself, it means that when yoongi was alive, in one of his drunk nights (short film FIRST LOVE) he setted fire to his mom's piano, jk tries to save him but it's too late. that's why he jumps in EUPHORIA, because he fails to save his hyung (short film BEGIN). if yoongi is alive, it splits in another timeline, jk is still very depressed and meet the burglars that beat him up (I NEED YOU), resulting in him meeting the cute girl from the hospital.

- the highligh heels are all after them meeting the girls, giving us another timeline, a final one when jin saves all the boys BUT CAN'T SAVE THE GIRLS, especially the girl that owns the notebook. he's not meeting her just for a date, he's probably going to thank her for giving him pieces of info about time travelling, in the end she gets killed too so there's no happy ending in this whole saga.

- to me LOVE YOURSELF is a song about jin finally forgiving himself for snitching everyone, he knows he's trying his best to save them all but, at the end, the ANSWER is to accept your fails and know that, at the end of the day, not everyone can be saved.

- idk but maybe there will be a timeline when jin comes back even more and avoids meeting the boys just for trying to prevent the "snitch" situation - the whole omelas theory (SPRING DAY), sacrificing the small for the justice of the big, "the majority always win". just my two cents

there's still jimin and hobi but i'll tell what I think after the webtoons come out :sugasips:

Edited by MC_
wrong word :~

5 hours ago, sungel said:

to be fair, we technically already know everything that happens cause of the MVs and VCRs (and HYYH/LY/Smeraldo notes... and teaser videos... and more) if you've already watched those

trueeeee but i was pretty used to the pg+13 story line in those videos, i wasn't expecting seen it in front row. 

3 hours ago, MC_ said:

Hide contents

- the second webtoon: yoongi and jk are the ones related to each other in the BU so if yoongi is dead (probably in the fire caused by himself - yep he killed himself, that's why he carries the lighter wherever he goes, it's a symbol not only of his mom's death, but also his own in one of the timelines), he never calls jk minutes before he decides to jump the building (giving us EUPHORIA). now listen to me, if yoongi is dead and jk kills himself, it means that when yoongi was alive, in one of his drunk nights (short film FIRST LOVE) he setted fire to his mom's piano, jk tries to save him but it's too late. that's why he jumps in EUPHORIA, because he fails to save his hyung (short film BEGIN). if yoongi is alive, it splits in another timeline, jk is still very depressed and meet the burglars that beat him up (I NEED YOU), resulting in him meeting the cute girl from the hospital.

EXCUSE ME WHILE I'M SOBBING (reading this while listening to I Need You was NOT a good choice.

Love all you write, it makes sense to me... even if it's depressing but hey, we were warned I guess.

@Flame exactly! it was kinda implied this would be a sad story, we don't know the end tho, I hope it's a good one or the less terrible one hahahaha

i'm super excited to know more about jimin and hoseok! I thought these webtoons were not going to help, but they're helping a lot lol

edit: i'm seeing tweets complaining about the whole "time travel" thing, honestly some people just can't wait to ruin the party, no? lmao

Edited by MC_

This is so cool!! 

I know that the 

Spoiler

white creature that Jin meets in his room that gives him the power to time travel is supposed to look like Tae's white dog 

but it reminds me of this:

Spoiler

puella_magi_madoka_magica-12-kyubey-happ

It even mentions a pact. 

Magical boy Jin!!

guess I dodged a bullet by not reading it, then!  I suffer from depression, so that plus stuff that makes me depressed do not mix!

Well, its been just 3 caps and i already almost died, so intense lmao

I cant wait to finally get all the answers after all this years omg!!! 

:emo:

EP.03 

didn't notice it the first time cause they gave us 3 episodes all at once, but this feels so short ;--;  also, Jin is really bias wrecking me in this webtoon and he's already my bias so...idk what else he wants from me.

oof. Ep 3 is up

https://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/bts-save-me/ep03/viewer?title_no=1514&episode_no=4

So in other words this is practically like an official dojinshi (minus the rated action... so far). And the Notes compilation book is basically an official fanfic.

And its almost recycling all the scenes we've already seen in the MVs & VCRs & trailers. aka- Bighit are brilliant at creating stories & marketing them cuz theyre basically regurgitating the same story over & over again & we technically already watched (almost?) everything that'll happen

\\o// i knew i fell for BTS for a reason xD

-

btw does anyone wonder who LICO is? they have 1 other webtoon on that site (and they promote that more than Save Me), but are they a freelancer? fan? bighit employee? someone from Lumpens? i still wonder to this day who are all the people behind the scenes (ha) creating the content for this AU

Edited by sungel