Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!

(if this thread doesn't belong in the general fan talk area, please move it to where you think it belongs! or you can delete this if it's too personal)

So since a lot of ARMYs can't find other ARMYs in their area, this thread is here to help fix that! Of course, I wouldn't 100% encourage going into specifics, but if you want to you can. It was originally @_javaJAVAjava_'s idea to find a thread like this or make one like it!

I'm from Houston, Texas and we're suffering from an ARMY drought as far as I can see. :why: 

Edited by jamless jungshook

Oh really??  Do you remember what city?

And where did you visit when you were here?

I've never been to Texas.  But one of my best friends is from Texas, and I love hearing about the differences.  Not sure I could handle the heat, tho..............

Edited by _javaJAVAjava_

Oh yeah!  That's our capital!  Good coffee and lots of hippie and social justice-types. Lol. At least that's how it is these days.

I think I like Olympia better than Houston honestly, Houston is just a formula of extreme heat + 50% judging people + too much sunshine lol

4 minutes ago, jamless jungshook said:

I think I like Olympia better than Houston honestly, Houston is just a formula of extreme heat + 50% judging people + too much sunshine lol

Too MUCH sunshine??  HAHA!  Well, you definitely wouldn't have to worry about that here. xD  Our weather is suuuper unpredictable.  Last week we had weather in the upper 80's and this week it's totally overcast, in the 50's, and raining. 

Our state is definitely judgy, too. It just depends on which side of the state you're on. Western WA is more expensive and busy, whereas the Eastern side runs at a slower pace, and seems more friendly, if I'm honest. 

I actually am not a huge fan of Olympia for it's "social justice warriors"; they are some of the more over-zealous types that will come down hard on you if you don't agree exclusively with their views, whether liberal, conservative, or somewhere in between.  And if you refuse to engage at all with them (I'm more of a pacifist, I'm finding), they call you out for apparent lack of opinion and action.  :why: :jnope:

I'd probably take the unpredictable weather over the sass and verbal attacks I get over here lol.

i'm still in school and i constantly find super rude people in the younger grade levels. sigh, honestly the amount of disrespect i get in here   :jnope:

Some people are super nice and friendly, but the rest is just...if you're not good with people, if you don't have many friends, or if you say something random, they'll yell at you over it even though you could've just said "i had a sandwich for lunch"

I'm in the north of England ahh
I doubt I'll find anyone who lives close to me, especially with that already small number of ARMYs who are brits (although I do know that some of the people on this site are brits so ping me if you're a brit if you want!!)

Either way, this is a cute idea for a thread ^^

Edited by HobiBobi

1 minute ago, _javaJAVAjava_ said:

What the heck, seriously??  Sorry, my friend!  What grade are you in?  I'm old, so I'm no longer in school. ;)

It's okay, I get mistaken for a little older than I actually am and I'm not bothered by it lol

I'm around the junior high/high school level right now, and I'm kind of scared every time I finish a grade level, I have no clue what my future's gonna be like. I don't like school right now, but I've been told adulthood can be just as bad. Lesson of the day: age doesn't matter because life can be weird anyway.   :suga4:

@HobiBobi You never know!  

I wish there were an easier way to find local ARMYs... other than concerts, we're just so isolated to social media or forums like this one.  I've thought for a while that there should be periodic fan meetups.  

I saw this post floating around on social media talking about a person wishing BTS would create an actual Magic Shop where ARMYs could go to meet each other, listen to BTS, eat the members' favorite foods, etc. Like a cafe, of sorts.

And that got me wondering why we couldn't do that ourselves! I mean, there's 14+ million of us! We could have real-life meetups that we call Magic Shop where we do the above things, where the main goal is connecting up with and supporting each other, like the actual song.  It'd be awesome to eventually have formal Magic Shop locations, but instead we could do like, pop-up locations, like farmer's markets or swap meets. Or just regular reserved times at local coffee shops!

Gaaaaaaah, my mind is going a mile a minute.... 

2 minutes ago, _javaJAVAjava_ said:

I wish there were an easier way to find local ARMYs... other than concerts, we're just so isolated to social media or forums like this one.  I've thought for a while that there should be periodic fan meetups.  

I saw this post floating around on social media talking about a person wishing BTS would create an actual Magic Shop where ARMYs could go to meet each other, listen to BTS, eat the members' favorite foods, etc. Like a cafe, of sorts.

And that got me wondering why we couldn't do that ourselves! I mean, there's 14+ million of us! We could have real-life meetups that we call Magic Shop where we do the above things, where the main goal is connecting up with and supporting each other, like the actual song.  It'd be awesome to eventually have formal Magic Shop locations, but instead we could do like, pop-up locations, like farmer's markets or swap meets. Or just regular reserved times at local coffee shops!

That'd be so adorable! I definitely wish there was a way for me to make ARMY friends, fangirling alone isn't as fun haha
The Magic Shop sounds like a fantastic idea, although I doubt I'd still be unable to go as they'd most likely be set up in major cities due to the higher ARMY population so I'd have to travel a long way. Nonetheless, I hope that as a fandom, we will do more to meet other fans like through organising meetups etc.

4 minutes ago, jamless jungshook said:

I'm around the junior high/high school level right now, and I'm kind of scared every time I finish a grade level, I have no clue what my future's gonna be like. I don't like school right now, but I've been told adulthood can be just as bad. Lesson of the day: age doesn't matter because life can be weird anyway.

As a 30 year old, I can tell you that we're raised to have expectations about what life should be that are mostly untrue.  Most of the time, people are not happy.  More often they're just neutral, if not a little sad, in spite of what they show on social media.  I wish I had known that much earlier, so I could've stopped comparing my level of happiness to other's.  That's why it's so, so important to look for things to appreciate or be happy about. 

And finding people you can trust and connect with is most important.  We NEED people. As an introvert, this continues to be a challenge for me.

If I were there I'd give you a big hug and tell you everything is going to be all right.  Life can be really hard, but the good news is it's the same for everyone, whether they admit it or not, hence why we all need to support and be supported by others.

You're right, too, about age not mattering when it comes to weirdness of life. I actually just told my roommate recently that "Life is so weird...it's not anything like I've expected".  But as you get older, you will grow, too.  

If I'm being honest, I like being an adult WAY more than being younger.

6 minutes ago, HobiBobi said:

Nonetheless, I hope that as a fandom, we will do more to meet other fans like through organising meetups etc.

That's what I'm hoping!!

50 minutes ago, _javaJAVAjava_ said:

As a 30 year old, I can tell you that we're raised to have expectations about what life should be that are mostly untrue.  Most of the time, people are not happy.  More often they're just neutral, if not a little sad, in spite of what they show on social media.  I wish I had known that much earlier, so I could've stopped comparing my level of happiness to other's.  That's why it's so, so important to look for things to appreciate or be happy about. 

And finding people you can trust and connect with is most important.  We NEED people. As an introvert, this continues to be a challenge for me.

If I were there I'd give you a big hug and tell you everything is going to be all right.  Life can be really hard, but the good news is it's the same for everyone, whether they admit it or not, hence why we all need to support and be supported by others.

You're right, too, about age not mattering when it comes to weirdness of life. I actually just told my roommate recently that "Life is so weird...it's not anything like I've expected".  But as you get older, you will grow, too.  

If I'm being honest, I like being an adult WAY more than being younger.

The sad thing about this is that I've never really seen truly "happy" adults in my life. Life isn't always the best, and there are so many things that could beat you down. I've seen so many people comparing themselves to others when in reality, no one's exactly "happy." I'm also an introvert and have had very few friends, much less any I can connect with other than a "How was your day?" or a "How are you?" The few that I do connect with are the ones I never see often, if at all.

We all live different lives, but we're all on the same earth. We're all human. It's almost our purpose to support each other, because in reality, we're not alone.

I know that right now, and especially before adulthood, people are the most naive and innocent. No one knows what will happen or who they'll become, and the more we age the more we learn. It could be simple things, like how the slightly dripping water tap that's been at it for hours can cost you loads of money if you don't turn it off. Or it could be something real, like how a simple word can turn someone else's life upside down and how judgemental people are. We can learn what triggers people, what makes them happy, and what hurts them the most. We're fragile beings, and we need each other. It's just that we don't see that delicate side of everyone else.

So the longer we live, the more we grow. The more lessons we'll learn. And maybe, if we look a little closer for a little longer, we'll find the love, support, and joy we've been grasping for this whole time.

1 hour ago, _javaJAVAjava_ said:

I really like the idea of a "Magic Shop!" A place where we can go to and escape to on those days when we need it. The days that we feel like we hate that we're us, we can head there for comfort. Or maybe just those days where you feel like you'd like to go, maybe sometimes for no specific reason at all. That'd be really nice, besides, most of us do need more friends - preferably those we can connect with. It'd be nice to feel like we're not alone, because there's people like us, too. ^_^

I think a "Magic Shop" would be so beneficial for all armys anywhere. But I doubt there would be one in my town. I live in a small town in Utah that is really only on the map for rafting, hiking, and other outdoor activities. With the fact that I've lived here my whole life, you would think I'm super into that sort of thing, but I really kind of wish that I lived in a more urban area.

Anyway, it would be so nice to find armys in my area, I literally know no one in my town that is an army and even if there is I'm waaay to shy to ask or tell anyone.

55 minutes ago, Sweet&Suga said:

Anyway, it would be so nice to find armys in my area, I literally know no one in my town that is an army and even if there is I'm waaay to shy to ask or tell anyone.

That's why I really want to start being more obvious about being an ARMY, like putting their logo on stuff.  I ran into a fellow ARMY at a local starbucks here, and only knew because she was wearing a WINGS tour hoodie.  She was with her boyfriend, so I didn't want to intrude, but it was still so cool knowing there are at least SOME people around!