Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!

I also have two classes where there's a year's grade difference with my classmates. In my orchestra class, everyone's a grade below me since I'm in beginners and I started late. In my Spanish class, everyone's a grade above me since I took Spanish one year earlier. I'm always super awkward in my Spanish class especially. :why:

Ya'll are so cute and relatable <3  :'-)  I actually was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) back between junior high and high school, and MAN, it makes living tough sometimes.  I so get what you guys mean about slowly dying inside while someone's talking to you.  UGH, especially if you're already on overload from too much people-time that day. My face is super obvious about what I'm feeling, so I just get the glazed-over look in my eyes O_O

On 5/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, _javaJAVAjava_ said:

HUZZAH!  "Let's get this bread"!

I'm from near Tacoma, Washington state on the west coast <3

I think I've had Pho in or around Tacoma when I went through Washington back in the day lol

@movietvdrama Sounds about right!  We have a high asian population in Tacoma/Lakewood area and up a little further north in Federal Way.  My fav korean grocery store is actually in Tacoma <3 TONS of korean restaurants *DROOLS*

Where are you located now?

1 hour ago, movietvdrama said:

I think I've had Pho in or around Tacoma when I went through Washington back in the day lol

the moment I saw pho i just stared. pho is vietnamese and so am i lol

1 hour ago, _javaJAVAjava_ said:

Ya'll are so cute and relatable <3  :'-)  I actually was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) back between junior high and high school, and MAN, it makes living tough sometimes.  I so get what you guys mean about slowly dying inside while someone's talking to you.  UGH, especially if you're already on overload from too much people-time that day. My face is super obvious about what I'm feeling, so I just get the glazed-over look in my eyes O_O

Fun story time: I'm in an advanced program and we were required to create a project to explore a topic we're interested in. I actually chose anxiety, and I built a website explaining what it is, how to deal with it, debunking myths, adding helplines, and even adding a little personal experience at one section. I did pretty decently, and I still have the website lol

The part of Texas with all the main cities (Dallas, Austin, Houston, Galveston, basically everything around the Eastern side) are the most humid. But there's super dry heat in the Western parts. It's usually 70-85 degrees here. 

In the summer in Utah, it gets up to like 112 degrees. I'm not looking forward to the heat at all. It is already very hot so I'm not ready for summer.

What kind of heat is it?  Is the humidity very high?

I think the hottest we get here on my side of Washington state is around 100 degrees. But that's not super common.  Our major problem here is smoke that's blown north from Oregon and California wildfires.  The past two summers, there have been a lot of fires down the coast, and it's made the air quality here really bad. I can't imagine what it's like for the ppl actually living near them.... :-/  

It is dry and hot here, it's very rare for there to be any humidity. This summer might be more humid though, we have been getting a lot more rain than usual. Last year we were in a really really bad drought so it's good that we are getting a good amount of rain. And there was a lot of snow in the mountains so there will be more water thanks to that as well.

In Texas, if the temperature rises from average, it's usually 85 if we're lucky, but is probably going to be 90+ degrees. The humidity is also horrible, it's like you're breathing in water. Man, when you think about it, summers in general really suck... 

22 hours ago, jamless jungshook said:

In Texas, if the temperature rises from average, it's usually 85 if we're lucky, but is probably going to be 90+ degrees. The humidity is also horrible, it's like you're breathing in water. Man, when you think about it, summers in general really suck... 

20 hours ago, Sweet&Suga said:

The only really good thing about summer is that there is no school lol.

But also vitamin D!! Here in Washington, the vast majority of us have to be on vitamin D supplements just because we don't get much sun compared to many other states. I visited Arizona recently, and was shocked at how much better I felt there despite the big elevation difference (I live basically at sea level, Tucson is at ~3400ft I think. Now I'm on a decent dose of vit D daily.

The time I visited Washington I felt really cold and somehow weird – it was cloudy all the time I was there. Now I get why. Personally, I actually don't like the sun very much and I don't really go out in it unless forced, so it wouldn't make too much of a difference to me, but I get why others can find it kind of weird. Summer can be good too, I think prefer spring or autumn though lol, more of a balance.

3 hours ago, _javaJAVAjava_ said:

But also vitamin D!! Here in Washington, the vast majority of us have to be on vitamin D supplements just because we don't get much sun compared to many other states. I visited Arizona recently, and was shocked at how much better I felt there despite the big elevation difference (I live basically at sea level, Tucson is at ~3400ft I think. Now I'm on a decent dose of vit D daily.

True, I have never taken a vitamin D supplement because of how much sun we get lol. The problem is I get sunburnt very easily, so I can't be in the sun without sunscreen at all.

But I also prefer spring and fall.