Welcome, Guest!

Register now and join in with other ARMYs! If you have trouble with the validation email (be sure to check your spam/junk folder!) please use the Contact Us form to send a message to the admin and we'll manually validate you account! If you have any problems with that form then you can send an email to bangtanbaseforum@gmail.com. We hope you to see you soon!
Maphisto40

news BTS and Bang PD Officially Invited To Join Grammy Awards’ Recording Academy As Voting Members

D8aViq-XsAEJ5R8.jpgD8aVirDXoAEcKcO.jpg

BTS Officially Invited To Join Grammy Awards’ Recording Academy As Voting Members
Jun 6, 2019 by E. Cha

The Recording Academy, which is best-known for its annual Grammy Awards, has officially invited BTS and Big Hit Entertainment founder Bang Shi Hyuk to join its ranks!

This week, the famous American institution revealed that it had extended 1,340 invitations to “qualified music creators and business professionals” to join the Recording Academy as members.

The BTS members have been invited to join the Recording Academy as voting members, meaning that they will be eligible to vote for the Grammy Awards. Meanwhile, Bang Shi Hyuk has been invited to join as a professional member—a type of membership for music executives, managers, publicists, agents, and other team members that work to support music creators.

Formally established in 1957, the Recording Academy held the very first Grammy Awards in 1959. It currently holds the prestigious award ceremony every year to recognize achievements in music, with only its voting members eligible to cast votes and determine which of their peers will be awarded.

Congratulations to BTS and Bang Shi Hyuk!

source

Edited by Maphisto40

omg that's so cool, i can't believe it yet. 

I'm so proud of them I don't even know what to do with myself.

This is so awesome and I'm so proud of them. My brain still hasn't fully registered it yet.

Edited by Sweet&Suga

I'm so proud, this is so cool and hopefully a sign that they're being taken seriously in the western music industry