• Announcements

• jin

Please Disable Adblock :)   03/29/2017

details
    • jin

New Theme Option!   04/20/2017

The amazing @Indirianna has been working on another theme option and it's finally done! To select this theme (or any of BBase's theme options) scroll down to the bottom of the screen where you will see "Theme." Click on that and then select the theme you want to use. Step 1: Step 2:
Jimin

Official KDrama Thread

75 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2017 at 11:43 AM, seoks-j said:

GOBLIN WHAT THE FUCK

Hide contents

mY HEART. it hurts so bad. I wept.

someone spoiled the big thing for me just as I was about to watch it and I'm now dead inside.

it's okay.

i'm not okay.

guys, Romantic Doctors, Teacher Kim ended well, even the prequel was good. So now i can't wait for Goblin~~~

btw, i totally didn't make the connection of Kim Min Jae being the same actor for the young king in goblin and Nurse Park in the romantic doctors, teacher kim. I didn't even realise they were the same person........ I didn't even make the connection that he was V's friend. I literally hit myself in the head and I've just realised this.

HIs acting was really quite good though.

Goblin ep 14!

Spoiler

Eun Tak and Reaper both looked really good in the cafe scene where they brush past each other. Since he remembered everything the whole time, that meant he was checking up on her. The reunited three goofballs at Shin's house scene was great as was the scene where Shin realizes Reaper remembers him. 

Missing Nine is interesting so far. At first I wasn't sure if it was going to be good because of the disparity between the serious tone of the filming style with the grey tone colors and mystery plot, against some very over the top acting choices, but it could work as it's own style. 

Spoiler

The ocean and beach scenes where Bong Hee catches and cooks fish reminded me of Law of the Jungle heh! I want to know what Yeol has been eating during the few days before he found them. He wasn't inhaling that porridge Bong Hee made him, so he doesn't seem that hungry.

guys, i recommend "Tomorrow With You"
it's soooo good!!
time travel and all~
too cute, fluffy, sweet, mysterious, addictive, and also heart-wrenching at times

TomorrowWithYou.jpg

Tomorrow7.jpg&key=64309808b02595c0936016ec9bfd5a3eb5c26d61b8e15357ce7efac9419c77d7

i think i fall in love again
:v1:

why are there so many fine men on screen?!

Edited by LoneChesiry
i gotta add details, my dear friends

17 hours ago, LoneChesiry said:

it's soooo good!!
time travel and all~
too cute, fluffy, sweet, mysterious, addictive, and also heart-wrenching at times

TomorrowWithYou.jpg

Hahaha I don't know why the description reminded me of W and then when I looked at the poster it reminded me even more of W (an adorable couple with a mysterious figure looming over them. Not to mention the girl's hair is just like Oh Yeon Joo's lol) I just finished W, so maybe my minds just stuck on it xD  But I've taken to liking the supernatural romance type genre so I gotta check this out!

I actually find it so hard to start and keep up with dramas because I have a crap attention span and loose interest quickly if there's any down time haha. More often I'll just watch K-movies. But the two dramas I've finished are Cheese in the Trap, which was okay. Along the way I just kept watching it for the beautiful Seo Kang Joon not gonna lie :jipuppy: And then I just finished W - Two Worlds which was AMAAAAAZING. Admittedly, there were a lot of plot holes in the story, so if consistency and that sort of thing frustrates you, I don't recommend it, but the plot was so incredible, suspenseful, and action-packed that I didn't even mind. I tried watching Entourage (for Kang Joon ofc) and It's Okay, That's Love but gave up really early lol. I'm curious about starting Goblin, but was wondering if someone could tell me if it's action-y or suspenseful enough? I prefer fast-paced shows.

Also, not technically a drama, but one of the best K-movie's I've ever watched was The Beauty Inside. I highly recommend that to everybody. It's another romance with supernatural elements story. 

14 hours ago, TammiBloo said:

I actually find it so hard to start and keep up with dramas because I have a crap attention span and loose interest quickly if there's any down time haha. More often I'll just watch K-movies. But the two dramas I've finished are Cheese in the Trap, which was okay. Along the way I just kept watching it for the beautiful Seo Kang Joon not gonna lie :jipuppy: And then I just finished W - Two Worlds which was AMAAAAAZING. Admittedly, there were a lot of plot holes in the story, so if consistency and that sort of thing frustrates you, I don't recommend it, but the plot was so incredible, suspenseful, and action-packed that I didn't even mind. I tried watching Entourage (for Kang Joon ofc) and It's Okay, That's Love but gave up really early lol. I'm curious about starting Goblin, but was wondering if someone could tell me if it's action-y or suspenseful enough? I prefer fast-paced shows.

Also, not technically a drama, but one of the best K-movie's I've ever watched was The Beauty Inside. I highly recommend that to everybody. It's another romance with supernatural elements story. 

I do recommend Goblin. I'd say the first few episodes are super intense and then it dies down and everything after that is really funny and cute. And then it picks up again and your heart will literally explode. I have yet to watch the last episode. 

As for Cheese in the trap, the characters were really lovable but the plot went haywire there for a bit. I just really love Kim Go Eun for the most part and I adored Baek In Ho to the sun and back. 

Don't get me started on W :')

@LoneChesiry I'm definitely gonna check that out

Edited by Seoks-j

download.jpg.b8892d2e70742fe6c80d8720f19ee070.jpgLet's get the obvious one out of the way first. GO WATCH HWARANG!! It's only 2 episodes away of it's finale so you won't have to suffer like the rest:suga4:

It's a very funny drama with some deep issues within each character, you'll fall in love with the hwarangs and will cry at certain parts...

58a67781b0700_download(1).jpg.f89b028f7ba7b873216685a42989d5f7.jpgSecond, GOBLIN!!!!! Another drama(that has already ended) that you'll love, the mythical parts of it will definitely be an interesting turn on a common drama. Both romantic couples are adorable and you will fall in love with how they fall in love...go and suffer....

58a677807f203_download(2).jpg.d5a5343898f46fde0d86d70b19df987b.jpg

I LOOOOOVE Oh my ghostess the main female lead is a great actress! You can definitely see a shift on the character when she's herself vs when she's possessed. Plus the supporting characters are so cute and the story is just...

58a6777f495fe_download(3).jpg.253fe56172ec0428cda05dd764ab973d.jpg

Introverted Boss is still ongoing, at first I didn't like the main female lead however, I'm starting to tolerate her, boss is so shy and it used to pain me when chae ro woon(main female lead) got into his space because being shy ain't no joke but anyway, go watch it!! The storyline is really interesting and there are secrets to be found...........

58a6777de4ede_download(4).jpg.e34b536bae3e6d7876548debeb45f2be.jpg

VOICE(OCN)!!!!!!! This one is completely different to the other dramas I've recommended, is a police drama about these two people who have something painful in common and how they team up to find the UNSUB NDNSHSNAIAIHD 

That's it! Hope you can watch them I love all these kdramas, they're sooooooo good

@NamjoonsFashionSense I loved Oh my ghostess :') I agree her acting was great asdkasfNknk I watched it awhile ago but this takes me back :suga9:

And of course Goblin and Hwarang. The others you mentioned I have yet to see. But I may get on it once I get a break from school :) 

Edited by Seoks-j

Tomorrow with You: A romance mystery kdrama with a time travel concept. The actor who plays the male lead was also in Signal, another time travel kdrama, but he is a much different different character here. 

Spoiler

He goes full cute and embarrassingly in love mode. Seriously, the secondhand  embarrassment sometimes haha.  I wonder if there will ever be a time slip show that doesn't involve murder lol, but for the most part it's nice that the movement of the story is based on character choices in who they are to one another and how they choose to love one another.  The show slows down for a couple episodes, but it picks up again. There isn't an explanation or mythos to the time travel ability aside from them getting off a doomed train at the same time and fate really doesn't like our female lead despite having three lives that got away and tries to kill her at least twice, but seems to be satisfied with the sacrifice of her father. 

Tunnel: This drama is still currently airing and is 6 episodes in at this point. This is a crime drama with a time travel concept. It was great when BTS songs suddenly appeared in the drama. At first it just seemed to be amusing background music choices, but there seemed to be a bit more meaning in their appearances. 

Spoiler

So far, they are the only two instances of pop music in the show. The first instance was of Save Me, which we see Lieutenant Sun Jae listening to it on his with his earbuds while working on his computer on the first night Kwang Ho stumbles into the modern day from 1986. This helps to establish the time period and the title of the song is fitting for a crime drama. The second instance is of Kwang Ho's neighbor blaring Fire. Those walls must be super thin, because it sounds super clear. It turns out that Professor and criminal profiler Jae Yi is his downstairs neighbor and I believe it's implied she was the one blaring Fire. The song serves as a foreshadowing of her connection to the fire. At first it's to him breaking into her house after noticing there's a fire inside to douse it out and happened to discover she lived there. It's a stack of paper that caught fire on an electric stove that she calmly wipes away the remains of to boil some water. Later it's revealed there's a even more personal connection she watched a house burn up on fire as her family died inside it. Assuming that Jae Yi was listening to Fire, it's interesting it's the two educated, young despite their positions, distant and cold, members of their investigative group, which was why I wondered if this was the show's way of being snarky about BTS listeners before seeing the other connections. Though perhaps it's to show that they may seem kind of like jerks on the outside, but they listen to BTS, so there's hope for them lol. Jae Yi and Sun Jae, the two loners seem to gravitate towards one another. I hope they go see BTS  as their date. 

The actor who played Bok Joo's uncle in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo plays a cop on Kwang Ho's team. I mention this, because this is the second drama he's been in , with Weightlifting Fairy the first with Blood Sweat and Tears, that had BTS songs in it, heh! Hopefully Tunnel turns out to be a solid series like WFKBJ as well. 

guys I'm craving something angsty and suspenseful at the moment. Like, bring me that cliche angsty romance with some action. I need more shows like W and Descendants and My Love From Another Star, crazy exciting plot, epic angsty romance action, helppppp

I also still need to finish Goblin, I stopped halfway through because I got a bit bored. I've heard it gets better though so I need to try and finish off ahhhhh

I've just started Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and I got halfway through Chief Kim as well. Do Bong Soon is fun, I've only done two episodes so far but it's cute and entertaining and Park Hyungsik is so ridiculously pretty like who allowed this. I love Namgoong Min as well, so Chief Kim has been fun but that show kind of slowed down a bit with me too so I'm hoping I can get back into it.

But yes gimme some angsty action romance drama recs, I need some DRAMATIC stuff <33

6 hours ago, monimoni said:

But yes gimme some angsty action romance drama recs, I need some DRAMATIC stuff <33

Have you already watched Nine: Nine Time Travels, Healer, and/or Queen In-hyun's Man? If not then these might appease your angsty action romance kdrama cravings.

9 hours ago, monimoni said:

Like, bring me that cliche angsty romance with some action.

Have you ever heard of Healer? It's such a great drama with action and cute romance and it's also funny at times (and all the actors act well!) Definitely check this out. I personally thought it was really addicting (and the plot was entertaining!)

14 hours ago, pureuda said:

Have you ever heard of Healer? It's such a great drama with action and cute romance and it's also funny at times (and all the actors act well!) Definitely check this out. I personally thought it was really addicting (and the plot was entertaining!)

I HAVE WATCHED HEALER AND I LOVE IT IT'S SO GOOD YESSS. Probably one of my favourites for sure, a really good show, so sad it wasn't really appreciated much when it was first broadcast. I think it's more popular with international fans which is sad because it was an awesome show.

17 hours ago, movietvdrama said:

Have you already watched Nine: Nine Time Travels, Healer, and/or Queen In-hyun's Man? If not then these might appease your angsty action romance kdrama cravings.

Queen Inhyun's Man has been on my list forever but I forgot about it, thanks for the reminder! I hadn't heard of Nine but I'll definitely check it out and report back, thanks so much for the recs :jhope3:

On 15/02/2017 at 7:05 PM, LoneChesiry said:

it's soooo good!!
time travel and all~

TomorrowWithYou.jpg

Tomorrow7.jpg&key=64309808b02595c0936016ec9bfd5a3eb5c26d61b8e15357ce7efac9419c77d7

i think i fall in love again
:v1:

why are there so many fine men on screen?!

This one looks so interesting to watch! But I lose patience with Dramas >_<