Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
blueyart

Movies

43 posts in this topic

So here's a movies thread!

Since there are tv shows with many episodes and animated series and k drama episodes. I thought it would be nice if there were like movies, since its like a one shot.

You have a beginning and ending in a mostly 1-2hour watching period.  Be it animated or 3d real life, let's watch some good ones:)

I would recommend Sicario, Titanic, ANY GHIBLI FILMS, The Beauty InsideThe Handmaiden (its a M18, R21 movie with two women, i was shocked as i didn't know) 

Recommend me some movies too, im sure we've seen a ton of movies, but i really wanna see more.

Omg I loved The Handmaiden!

:jhope7:

Recently i just watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them with a friend. The movie was directed by J.K.Rowling, the same person who wrote Harry Potter series! Well, overall it was pretty cool and the animation tho :jin3: since I'm a fan of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child took forever to air in my country, it worth the wait.

I've watched Secretly Greatly starring Kim Soohyun and Lee Hyunwoo, and Hello Ghost starring Cha Taehyun well these two movies need a box of tissue respectively. For fluffiness, I'd recommend Minions and The Secret Life of Pets! If you favor suspense, i'd like to recommend Hensel and Gretel starring Chun Junmyung.

And lastly, Now You See Me & Now You See Me 2!

omg i think my picks are so lame but anyways

If you check on any of my picks, i hope you will enjoy it! Don't forget your popcorn and tacos! :jhope3:

Edited by Mongmungi

Some of my faves and movies I really like off the top of my head and can update if I think of more: 

*R is the American rating for 17 and up for violence, mature language, and sexuality in case anyone is not into that. *

Scifi: Sunshine *R, Mad Max: Fury Road *R, Pacific Rim, Shin Godzilla (Japan), Gravity, Interstellar, Edge of Tomorrow, Ex-Machina *R

Horror: Shaun of the Dead *R, Cabin in the Woods*R, Crimson Peak *R, The Conjuring *R, I am a Hero *R (Japan), 

Thriller: Gone Girl *R, Old Boy *R (Korea - dir Park Chan Wook also did The Handmaiden! -), Inception,

Historical: Kingdom of Heaven *R, Hidden Figures

Spyfi: Kingsman: The Secret Service*R, Spy *R

Romance:  Seven Days: Monday-Thursday (Japan), Seven Days: Friday-Sunday (Japan), 3 Iron *R (Korea)

Animation: Zootopia

Short Films: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Edited by movietvdrama

21 minutes ago, movietvdrama said:

Spyfi: Kingsman: The Secret Service*R, Spy *R

Yas!

Also, Johnny English and Johnny English Reborn damn i kinda have weird taste

I'm tv show trash right now and I haven't watched any movies in ages but looking back at all the stuff I've seen, it's mostly adaptations of books oops.. I remember loving The book thief; The maze runner, The mortal instruments, Divergent, The hunger games, every dystopian thing out there basically- although most of these were split in different parts and not all of them were properly done, it's a shame T_T

I've heard too many good things about The Handmaiden and Now you see me, so I should probably just watch them already xD 

5 hours ago, blueyart said:

ANY GHIBLI FILMS

I love how Miyazaki keeps failing at retirement and he just.. comes back and keeps making masterpieces, just like that :jimin2:

1 hour ago, daegvboy said:

I love how Miyazaki keeps failing at retirement and he just.. comes back and keeps making masterpieces, just like that :jimin2:

Basically this xD But it's good for us, I completely adore all the Ghibli films and it wouldn't be the same :')

7 hours ago, Mongmungi said:

Yas!

Also, Johnny English and Johnny English Reborn damn i kinda have weird taste

I'm such a fan of Rowan Atkinson it's not even funny. You don't have weird taste <3

I've always been into combat movies. It was a thing with my dad, when I was young we always watched bruce lee movies and then we would have a boxing match afterwards with all my brothers xD bless. So the most recent combat based movie I've been into for so long is the Ip Man series on netflix. I love Donnie Yen so much! You guys should really watch his movies. He was even in the new star wars movie I'm so proud of him

@Infires I. Had. A. Huge. Shock. not because it was two women, but because it was a scene i never knew I was in for.

@Mongmungi I'm hoping to see Fantastic Beasts in the future soon because it looks shitass good, i can't wait for the next 4 more HALALALA OO YEAH. sorreh I love harry potter franchise. I saw Hansel and Gretel, 15min in and I wanted to stop but I finished it. No more horror, crey please. I had nightmares after watching Annabelle.... i was even scared to enter the bathrooms and sleep by myself.

@movietvdrama I just saw Hidden Figures. It was amazing, the mix with the real scenes were nicely done too. I was so happy cause i was even supporting for them, I'm glad people are able to come to a better understanding about other humans be it of race, religion and gender, etc. this film is probably serving as not just an inspiration, but for people to gain more knowledge about about other people. I really liked this film. It is good. It was seriously well done. I haven't watched such a good film in a while.

On 1/22/2017 at 2:23 AM, movietvdrama said:

Seven Days: Monday-Thursday (Japan), Seven Days: Friday-Sunday

BTW THIS WAS ADAPTED FROM A MANGA, familiar title, had to check the internet. THE MANGA IS GOOD, READ IT PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU OTL OTL OTL:ladybugtae:

On 1/22/2017 at 5:27 AM, daegvboy said:

I can't wait for the story of the caterpillar~~~~~ gahaha IKR. i love this comment. heh. miyazaki is awesome. he's like a living piece of national treasure in the anime world for me probably.

I've seen like so many of movies recommended here in the past, and they were good and really good. And I will see more from the recommendations again. Think I'll be watching gone girl next. sorry its been such a long post. i love the new emojis:x

to all the ppl who watch horror, i dunno how you do it......you guys are nuts. :scaredjin:

edit: almost forgot. i saw Midnight Diner (<-----link, movie version), it was good. I never really liked live-action japanese films because of how the acting seems awkward and the graphics dont look good at all...but this movie changed my perceptions on japanese films. so to anybody who wants to see a japanese film, watch this. altho the acting still isn't all that nice to me, everything else made up for the lack of it.

Edited by blueyart

I don't watch many movies, but I mostly watch them based on the photography lol or stills I see on social media

Napoleon Dynamite: Nothing deep, just your usual indie comedy that makes fun of American stereotypes. It's about a very unpopular guy at high school who lives a not so lucky life and decides to help his best friend run for class (?) president.

Ghostbusters: The 2016 one. Fun, very very nice to watch with friends, the plot is light and the characters interesting, the soundtrack is good too! 10/10

Daily Life of High School Boys (Live-Action): exactly what the title says, it's and adaption from the anime of the same name. It's not that good, especially comparing with the anime, also no that fun, it lacks on some aspects (gets boring in the middle) BUT it gets a special place bc it's very natural, like something that makes you remember your high school days, it's heart warming. (special place too bc it was the first japanese movie I watched)

Submarine: Ok, this is one is totally subjective, a lot of people find it boring af (I totally understand that), but I like the photography is nice, and some parts are.. BUT it gets a rec bc the soundtrack is amazing, spetacular, A+ (i'm totally biased) and I still listen to it from time to time. Some scenes got me side eyeing the main character SO MUCH, so... I don't really rec it a guess, just the soundtrack, it's amazing:

Spoiler

And I just realized I should watch more international movies....

I'm not a horror/thriller movie enthusiast so I definitely can't recommend any from that category LOL.

However, I'm a huge nerd for animations!

• A lot of you mentioned Studio Ghibli already, so I'll just hold in my geeky Ghibli-side. 
  • Paranorman, Coraline (still scared the life out of me, but was amazing) and Kubo and the Two strings (they're all from the same company)
  • Rise of the Guardians (and the fact that Min Yoongi freakin cosplayed as Jack Frost made me lose my cool)
  • Also a Pixar fanatic - but I'll just mention my two favourites Ratatouille and Up
  • Wrinkles (a Spanish film that really hits close to home)
  • I've also watched a number of Japanese animation films The Wolf Children, Kara no Kyoukai series (young kiddos don't watch)The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and... there was this Garden one I can't remember the name... 

Other than that I'm super behind on movies - I don't know what's new lately (I'm literally 3 Oscars behind). 

@Whalien and @Agust D, will definitely be watching some of those, probably napoleon dynamite and  submarine, and paranorman and kubo and the two strings.

i think you meant kotonoha no niwa maybe?(the garden of words)

and to the young ppl who wants to watch kara no kyoukai, please, it aint good for the heart, i haven't finish that series too.

10 minutes ago, blueyart said:

i think you meant kotonoha no niwa maybe?(the garden of words)

and to the young ppl who wants to watch kara no kyoukai, please, it aint good for the heart, i haven't finish that series too.

YES! That was it LMFAO thank you for relieving the stress in my mind - I've been wondering what it was all night LOL

Kara no Kyoukai is super interesting (the music is absolutely amazing too) but it contains very mature content so... you have been warned. 

Just now, Whalien said:

YES! That was it LMFAO thank you for relieving the stress in my mind - I've been wondering what it was all night LOL

Kara no Kyoukai is super interesting (the music is absolutely amazing too) but it contains very mature content so... you have been warned. 

shinkai makoto has nice works, i must say.

kara no kyoukai has an order to it right? i've seen some form of order on kissanime. its kinda creepy at the same time, mature, but amazingly well done, wahhhh.

has anybody seen Ibara no ou? it's a really good animated movie, but you might get super baffled by it, i would say you need to watch it twice or thrice to understand it.......i would give this a rating of 8.5/10, and i don't usually give such good ratings, heh.

14 minutes ago, blueyart said:

shinkai makoto has nice works, i must say.

kara no kyoukai has an order to it right? i've seen some form of order on kissanime. its kinda creepy at the same time, mature, but amazingly well done, wahhhh.

has anybody seen Ibara no ou? it's a really good animated movie, but you might get super baffled by it, i would say you need to watch it twice or thrice to understand it.......i would give this a rating of 8.5/10, and i don't usually give such good ratings, heh.

Yes! There is an order tbh its really confusing with the time jumps, but I don't remember it LOL (Its been years since I've last watched a KNK film). 

I should really start watching films again... haha. Super out of the loop.

will try to find it while i watch it and post it for the ppl here. yeah, maybe lalaland. seems to be very ppopular on social media????

On 3/4/2017 at 4:50 AM, Whalien said:

Yes! There is an order tbh its really confusing with the time jumps, but I don't remember it LOL (Its been years since I've last watched a KNK film). 

I should really start watching films again... haha. Super out of the loop.

I've been meaning to get back into watching films and yet I'm three ways between work, school, and bbase all the time :") When you finally resolve to start watching, tell me so I can kick my butt into gear~

Posted (edited)

Let's see..

The Giver 

The Boy and the Beast

Ip Man 

And for people who don't have a lot of time watch CGMeetUp. they're a YT channel that posts short films.

Edited by Seoks-j

Posted (edited)

I'm all about thrillers tbh.

My current faves are Gone Girl, Black Swan, Seven, Prestige, Silence of the lamb,you get the drill

I would Iove to watch a good horror movie if I could but it's a pity they are too hard to find so I stick to thrillers

I am not genre specific when it comes to a good movie, it's just that most things I like tend to be thrillers b'coz I live for the thrill

Edited by Myrhia