Welcome, Guest!

Sign up now and join in on all the BTS fun! If you have trouble registering, send us an email at [email protected]
blueyart

Movies

43 posts in this topic

Awakenings (1990) - Based on a memoir, Oliver Sacks (played by the late Robin Williams), a neurologist, works to find a way to 'awaken' patients with encephalitis lethargica. 

Spoiler

Watched this during class and was so fascinated by L-Dopa and how it affected patients with encephalitis lethargica. I do believe there are some Hollywood aspects that exaggerated the film - nonetheless, it was still great and you guys should definitely try it out. 

49 minutes ago, Whalien said:

Awakenings (1990) - Based on a memoir, Oliver Sacks (played by the late Robin Williams), a neurologist, works to find a way to 'awaken' patients with encephalitis lethargica. 

Hide contents

Watched this during class and was so fascinated by L-Dopa and how it affected patients with encephalitis lethargica. I do believe there are some Hollywood aspects that exaggerated the film - nonetheless, it was still great and you guys should definitely try it out. 

There's the usual suspension of disbelief with stuff, but hey, this sounds plenty interesting, thanks for the rec! (You've made a home here and I appreciate :"))

@Whalien You had me at L-Dopa and then again at encephalitis lethargica. I shall check this out after school is over!